There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you ever felt like you are not good enough?
Is there a voice inside your head that tells you to doubt yourself?
There are a lot of times when you might feel like you lack something and that you do not deserve what you receive. You belittle yourself and think that you will never succeed.
What You Will Learn
But have you ever tried to get rid of those self-doubts?
Self-love becomes much easier when you learn to appreciate the Word of God and the encouragement of others. You can only love yourself once you start accepting the love that God and other people give you.
In this post, we share with you 17 Bible verses about confidence and self-esteem. Our goal is to make you realize that God believes in you and the confidence you can develop. You are His child and capable of overcoming your doubts and fears.
Before we proceed to our list, let’s discuss a few more reasons why you should learn how to build confidence and self-esteem.
Lacking confidence can make your life miserable because it makes you doubt yourself. It fills your mind with negative thoughts and concerns. It makes you feel anxious and restless, and that causes you to feel trapped and cornered.
When you feel trapped, it is often hard to move forward. How can you turn your dreams into reality if you can’t truly live in the moment with confidence?
Building confidence and self-esteem is your first step toward achieving greater freedom—the freedom to take bigger risks, the freedom to explore the world, and the freedom to experience a happier and more meaningful life.
Let’s check out our list of inspirational Bible verses!
- “Because you are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, people in exchange for your life.” – Isaiah 43:4
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.” – Proverbs 3:25-26
- “Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.” – Psalm 27:3
- “For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.” – Romans 12:3
- For you created my innermost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” – Psalm 139:13–14
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” – Matthew 6:34
- “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
- “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” – Galatians 2:20
- “So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” – Hebrews 10:35–36
- “I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.” – 1 Corinthians 2:3-5
- “Come to me, all who labor and are heavily laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30
- “Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.” – 1 Peter 3:3-4
- “Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.” – Luke 12:7
- “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” – 1 Peter 2:9
Failures are inevitable, but they don’t define us. What is important is that you were able to experience what it feels like to chase your dreams and fight for the things that you want.
Don’t doubt yourself, because God has never doubted you. If there are people who don’t believe in you, prove them wrong and surprise them with your success.
You are a child of God, so be strong, confident, and great!
Finally, if you want to increase your happiness and life satisfaction, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's important.