There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
If you are looking for some Bible verses that can help you deal with life’s struggles, you’ve cove to the right place.
In this article, we have compiled a list of powerful Bible verses about stress and anxiety. You may find some of them familiar, as they are often used during devotionals and prayer services. Others are less common, and only discovered through deep study.
But before we proceed to our list, let’s first discuss a few reasons why these Bible verses about stress are important.
Why Read These Bible Verses?
How do Bible verses help in dealing with stress and anxiety? Can they help you live a life free from fears and worries?
The answer depends on the amount of faith you have. If your belief is strong, it will likely be easier for you to interpret these verses and integrate them into your life.
However, this isn’t to say that not having enough faith makes you less deserving of these verses. Even if you rarely read the Bible or attend church gatherings, you can still benefit from them, and from a relationship with God.
Learning about these Bible verses and understanding their message is a great way to strengthen your faith. Growing your faith means having a stronger sense of purpose, and having a sense of purpose means finding happiness and developing a life full of gratitude and satisfaction.
As you can see, these Bible verses are very important. Let’s check out our list and chase that stress away!
- “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.” – Philippians 4:19-20
- “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all you that hope in the Lord.” – Psalm 31:24
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when the heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” – Jeremiah 17:7-8
- “For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the spirit is life and peace.” – Romans 8:6
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- “Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
- “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” – John 14:27
- “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1
- “But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” – 2 Corinthians 4:7-9
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalm 73:26
- “Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.” – Isaiah 35:4
“Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.” – Isaiah 35:4
- “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” – James 1: 2-4
- “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.” – Psalm 34:17-19
- “Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands give me delight.” – Psalm 119:143
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” – Matthew 6:34
- “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:2
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” – Philippians 4:6
- “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.” – 1 John 4:18
- “For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” – 2 Corinthians 12:10
- “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
- “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30
- “Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” – Psalm 118:5-6
- “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.” – Psalm 55:22
- “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.” – Psalm 42:5-6
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:6-7
- “Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” – Genesis 28:15
- “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4
- “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16
- “It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” – Deuteronomy 31:8
Final Words on Bible Verses About Stress
There are things in life that we can’t control, and sometimes we just need to hear a few words that give us spiritual blessings and help us feel relieved and calm. Stress is a product of our fears and worries, but hopefully these Bible verses can help you overcome them.
Finally, if you want to increase your happiness and life satisfaction, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's important.