There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Sometimes we take ourselves for granted. We lose confidence because of unavoidable circumstances like not achieving what we want or failing to succeed in something we have worked hard for.
In the process, we lose our self-worth and self-esteem, and sometimes even our self-respect. Sometimes we feel like we are bound for failure
It doesn’t have to be this way. Valuing your self-worth is an important part of your journey toward happiness, success, and life satisfaction.
While there may be times when you are defeated, this shouldn’t stop you from reaching your dreams and achieving your highest potential. It shouldn’t cause you to question your self-worth.
In this post, we’d like to help you improve the way you view yourself. We have collected 27 Bible verses that can aid you in valuing yourself a little more.
But before we proceed to our list, let us first share why you should be reading these verses.
Why Read Bible Verses on Self-Worth?
The Bible is a good source in which to find words of wisdom and encouragement. Whether you are a believer or not, it is possible to find comforting words in the Bible.
We highly recommend reading the Bible. Even if you have different religious beliefs, you can find a lot of things to learn from it. Most importantly, the Bible can help soothe your mind and calm your senses.
Let’s get to the heart of this article and check the best Bible verses that can help you realize and value your self-worth!
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Joshua 1:5
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.” – Jeremiah 17:7
- “We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.” – 2 Corinthians 10:12
- “Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.” – Psalm 27:3
- “In fact, even the hairs on your head are all numbered. Do not be afraid; you are more valuable than many sparrows.” – Luke 12:7
- “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” – Psalm 139:13–14
- “You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” – 1 Corinthians 6:20
- “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
- “Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.” – Hebrews 10:35–36
- “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16
- “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” – Psalm 28:7
- “Your beauty should not come from outward adornments, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” – 1 Peter 3:3-4
- “You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.” – Song of Songs 4:7
- “The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.” – Deuteronomy 28:13
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” (I will restore your fortunes) – Jeremiah 29:11-14
- “For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again:” – Proverbs 24:16
- “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him from them all.” – Psalms 34:19
- “You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.” – Psalms 63:1-8
- “Because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” – Lamentations 3:22-23
- “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” – John 10:28-30
- “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” – Ephesians 2:4-9
- “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” – 1 Samuel 16:7
- “Then God said, “Let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) make man in Our image, according to Our likeness [not physical, but a spiritual personality and moral likeness]; and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle, and over the entire earth, and over everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.” So, God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them. And God blessed them [granting them certain authority] and said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth, and subjugate it [putting it under your power]; and rule over (dominate) the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and every living thing that moves upon the earth.” – Genesis 1:26-28
Final Words on Bible Verses about Self-Worth
As we said earlier, it doesn’t matter whether you believe in the Bible or not—what is important is for you to read words of comfort that can help you realize how valuable and important you are.
We hope that, with this list, we were able to help you look at yourself in a more positive light. We also pray that you will be able to find happiness and satisfaction through an improved self-worth.
Finally, if you want to increase your happiness and life satisfaction, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's important.