There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Looking for some words of encouragement to motivate and inspire you?
Or are you seeking a confidence boost to help you achieve your goal?
You’ve come to the right place. Read on as we provide you with 95 inspiring quotes that can increase your confidence and add meaning to your life.
Confidence gives you the power to take control of the things that are happening around you—whether it be in terms of work, relationships, or any other aspect of your life.
If you are bold enough to face whatever challenges may come your way, you are sure to be on your way to ultimate happiness and life satisfaction.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get to these quotes and bring out that confidence in you!
First up, we have a list of self-confidence quotes from famous people who have struggled to reach success. With the determination to face their obstacles and fears, these people were able to stretch their limits and achieve their highest potentials.
- “I would rather be my own tyrant than have someone else tyrannize me.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
- “With the realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – Dalai Lama
- “Confidence is the willingness to be as ridiculous, luminous, intelligent, and kind as you really are, without embarrassment.” – Susan Piver
- “Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.” – Sheri L. Dew
- “I believe the process of going from confusion to understanding is a precious, even emotional, experience that can be the foundation of self-confidence.” – Brian Greene
- “We think confidence causes success, but it’s more often a result of success – mastering something hard or accomplishing something meaningful.” – Adam Grant
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
- “I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah
“Confidence… thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them, it cannot live.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Confidence… thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them, it cannot live.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “I've always believed that success for anyone is all about drive, dedication, and desire, but for me, it's also been about confidence and faith.” – Stephen Curry
- “You always get things that teach you and steps to grow, but there is a confidence that is gained and a deep understanding of what it means to be supported by your knowledge – not by some team that is there to create confidence; it is there within you. That takes time. That takes teachers. That takes taking risks.” – Sharon Lawrence
- “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Robert Anthony
- “In life, an abundance of confidence gives us higher motivation, persistence, and optimism and can allow us to accomplish things we otherwise might not have undertaken.” – Whitney Tilson
- “There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self-respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
- “I've learned to ignore the negative people and just be a living example of confidence and self-love.” – Khoudia Diop
- “Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs
“Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs
There is no waiting until the fear fades away because it will not. Sometimes, you just have to do it to see the result.
These sayings also impart great wisdom upon us—that we are to follow our own hearts and make our own decisions. We should not be influenced by what other people tell us to do, and we should not believe them if they say that we can never make it.
You are meant to be great—it just takes a little bit of luck and a whole lot of confidence. Remember that.
Our next set of self-inspirational quotes are short yet powerful sayings that the greatest people in history have used to inspire themselves to be the best that they could be.
Short Confidence Quotes
“Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Confidence is directness and courage in meeting the facts of life.” – John Dewey
- “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.” – Rumi
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
- “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Self-confidence is the memory of success.” – David Storey
- “The world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.” – James Allen
- “Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.” – Richard Kline
- “Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.” – George Herbert
- “Confidence comes with maturity, being more accepting of yourself.” – Nicole Scherzinger
- “You always have to believe in yourself and not let your confidence fade.” – Naomi
- “Put all excuses aside and remember this – you are capable.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Confidence is the most beautiful thing you can possess.” – Sabrina Carpenter
- “As is our confidence, so is our capacity.” – William Hazlitt
- “Confidence is the food of the wise man but the liquor of the fool.” – Vikram
- “If you've got the confidence and the work ethic, you can make any dream come true.” – Bret Hart
Did you feel the power in those quotes? Words can be encouraging, particularly when they are from people you know have undergone serious hardships and difficulties.
Our next set is a list of funny, inspirational quotes that are smart and witty. They might tickle your senses if you are looking for some humor.
In addition, these funny quotes about life and confidence can help you see how being brave and self-reliant can greatly impact your happiness and satisfaction.
Funny Confidence Quotes
“To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
- “If you want to improve your self-worth, stop giving other people the calculator.” – Tim Fargo
- “Don’t you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are.” – Jo Blackwell-Preston
- “Inhale confidence. Exhale doubt.” – Unknown
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right.” – Henry Ford
- “If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” – Author Unknown
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “Confidence. If you have it, you can make anything look good.”– Diane von Furstenberg
- “If you don't have any confidence, you're not going to do anything.” – Stefon Diggs
- “Confidence is everything. We live in our own minds, and we die in our own minds. So if we are incredible in our minds, we live and die incredibly.” – Kenneth Nate
- “Maybe Nike has it right. At some point, we have to stop thinking, and just do it.” – Katty Kay (The Confidence Code)
- “Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.” – Vince Lombardi
- “I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man – there’s your diamond in the rough.” – Larry David
- “They can do all because they think they can.” – Virgil
- “Humor comes from self-confidence.”– Rita Mae Brown
- “Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again.” – K.T. Witten
- “My confidence comes from the daily grind – training my butt off day in and day out.” – Hope Solo
Life can be hard in so many ways, and during those times you need to be able to tough and have the strength to endure pain and struggle. But while you do that, it is best to maintain your sense of humor, backed up by the confidence to face problems head-on.
Our fourth list is a bunch of inspirational and educational quotes for kids. Through these self-esteem quotes, children will learn how to survive life. But, more importantly, they will learn how to be happy and contented with what they have.
Confidence Quotes for Kids
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “Confidence doesn't come out of nowhere. It's a result of something… hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.” – Roger Staubach
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
“Confidence comes from caring. Caring comes from love.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Confidence comes from caring. Caring comes from love.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. Mcintyre
- “Be a lamp for yourselves. Be your own refuge. Seek for no other. All things must pass. Strive on diligently. Don’t give up.” – Buddha
- “The world belongs to those who set out to conquer it armed with self-confidence and good humour.” – Charles Dickens
- “You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold that desire with singleness of purpose.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We should do everything both cautiously and confidently at the same time.” – Epictetus
- “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow.” – Carrie Fisher
- “A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.” – Alexander Pope
- “Confidence isn’t walking into a room thinking you’re better than everyone, it’s walking in not having to compare yourself to anyone at all.” – Unknown
- “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
- “Learn to still your waters. The calmer you are on the inside, the more you’ll be comfortable when it’s boiling.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Confidence is at the root of so many attractive qualities, a sense of humor, a sense of style, a willingness to be who you are no matter what anyone else might think or say.” – Wentworth Miller
Children are the key to the future—but this is only true if adults impart the right knowledge and skills to them. As adults, we need to nourish our children as best we can by teaching them the most valuable lessons in life—one of which is confidence.
Next time you talk to a kid—whether it be your own, a nephew or a niece, or a random child—try sharing one of the quotes above. Who knows—that kid can be the next child prodigy, and achieve success because of the wisdom and knowledge you shared.
Our last set of quotes is for women who are doubtful about their appearance and capabilities. We have addressed them specifically in this post because we want to lift up their spirits. We want them to gain happiness by simply being confident in themselves.
Confidence Quotes for Her
- “Think like a queen. A queen if not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah
- “I fall asleep feeling beautiful. Then, in the morning, before I leave the house, I say five things I love about myself, like ‘You have really pretty eyes.' That way I can go out into the world with that little bit of extra confidence. It's a feel-good protein shake in my back pocket in case someone messes with me that day.” – Jennifer Love Hewitt
- “Beauty has so many forms, and I think the most beautiful thing is confidence and loving yourself.” – Kiesza
- “I wasn't the prettiest girl in the room, but I learned to carry myself with confidence – that's how you make the best impression on people.” – Priyanka Chopra
- “A lot of people would say ‘sexy' is about the body. But to me, ‘sexy' is a woman with confidence. I admire women who have very little fear.” – Allegra Versace
- “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It's black and white – dramatic. You have to be strong.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “I think the sexiest thing about a woman is confidence, but confidence in a humble way, not in an arrogant way. A sense of humor is definitely important. And sunglasses always hide a multitude of sins. Sunglasses and a great pair of heels can turn most outfits around.” – Victoria Beckham
- “It's all about confidence and how you feel about yourself. There's no such thing as a perfect woman. I like imperfections – that's what makes you unique.” – Hayley Hasselhoff
- “Be confident in the skin you are in because that is the only body you will ever have, the only place that will ever be solely yours… you can be beautiful in your own way. And you have to accept, and own it.” – Deejae Harper
- “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” – Blake Lively
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “I found I was more confident when I stopped trying to be someone else’s definition of beautiful and started being my own.” – Remington Miller
- “What counts the most for women is having the confidence to make your own money.” – Cardi B
- “I just think a big smile and feeling confident makes you beautiful.” – Maye Musk
- “I think that glamour is about confidence and really owning the look.” – Monique Lhuillier
- “I like looking feminine and I enjoy being a role model. I enjoy being a woman. It all comes down to having the confidence to be who you are.” – Cathy Freeman
- “If you're presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” – Katy Perry
“If you're presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” – Katy Perry
- “Sometimes, if you fake confidence long enough, you’re going to be confident.” – Elle King
- “It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.” – Lillian Hellman
- “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” – Jodi Picoult
- “I think the best way to have confidence is not to allow everyone else’s insecurities to be your own.” – Jessie J
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
Final Words on Self-Confidence Quotes
While confidence is one of the keys to achieving a happy and successful life, you don't necessarily want to be overconfident. There is a very thin line between the two, and you have to be aware of it so you do not go overboard.
If you learn to master this, you will be surprised at easy it is to find and increase your happiness and life satisfaction.
Can you relate to any of the quotes and affirmations above? We’d love to know which one! Feel free to share your comments below.
Also, if an image captured your attention, we’d appreciate it if you’d share it through your favorite social media account.
We hope that we were able to boost your confidence with these confidence quotes we’ve shared. We also hope that they will help guide you on your path to becoming a happier human.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 67 Self-Reflection Quotes to Help You Grow as a Person
- 35 Motivational David Goggins Quotes to Inspire Hard Work
- 85 Joyce Meyer Quotes to Inspire Faith, Happiness, and Improved Relationships
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.