There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Imagine sitting in an office building waiting for an appointment. You hear the shuffling of feet as several people walk down the hallways.
Many walk by you with their heads down or quickly look your way and nod as they pass you by. Others seem very shy and a bit reserved.
Then, all of a sudden, you hear the sound of footsteps at a distance that are very distinguishable from the others. Clop, clop, clop, clop.
The footsteps have your attention, and you sit there in great anticipation as they become louder and louder. All of a sudden, a woman walks into the room. Her head is held high, but not in an arrogant way.
She’s graceful, walking like she's floating on air, and seems comfortable in her own skin. Then she looks at you, speaks, and smiles with a smile that lights up the room.
She’s confident, attractive, upbeat, and acknowledges you as if you’re the most important person in the room. You see her and think, “This is a highly confident woman.”
You don't feel this way because she's the most beautiful woman in the room or the best dressed, but because of the way she carries herself and how she treats others.
In this highly comprehensive article, we will define what a highly confident woman is. Then, we will discuss what makes a confident woman attractive, signs that you may be a confident woman, how to “bag” a confident woman, and how to become more confident.
Finally, we'll dive into 21 traits and characteristics of a highly confident woman.
What is a Highly Confident Woman?
A confident woman is not a woman absent of fears and anxieties. She just doesn’t let them rule her life. She doesn't make decisions because she's worried about what others will think or say. A confident woman doesn’t concern herself with the strong opinions others have of her because she knows they will only hold her back.
Additionally, a highly confident woman is okay with everyone not liking her as long as she feels good about herself. She is true to herself and is not held back by the tendency to overthink things.
Overall, the things that make every woman feel confident vary from person to person. For some, it's their heart and the calming nature they are born with. Others feel more confident in their favorite pantsuit and pumps.
It starts in the mind and comes through how you express yourself, which makes a woman confident.
What Makes Them Attractive?
When you are a confident woman, you live life to the fullest. You have that something extra that makes you irresistible. You’re not hindered by other’s opinions of you, nor are you hindered by the fear of failure.
You aren’t one to be insecure, but comfortable in your own skin.
You go after what you want, and no one can tell you that you cannot have it. And that behavior is not only an admirable and attractive quality to have, but it’s contagious, making others around you feel more confident as well.
Even in relationships, confident women are sought after by men because they have no problem expressing their feelings and opinions. Which takes “some” of the guesswork out of trying to figure out what she wants or how she feels.
Lastly, she's not easily swayed by her circumstances but uses adversity as her opportunity to shine. And others are drawn to that.
Signs That You May Be a Highly Confident Woman
The following are signs that you may be a confident woman:
How to “Bag” a Highly Confident Woman
Most men love being the knight in shining armor or the hero in a woman's adventure story.
However, it can get old when a guy has to continually save the heroine from the depths of despair (her own insecurities).
So, after experiencing this behavior, men become increasingly attracted to a more confident woman.
Here is how a guy can “bag” a highly confident woman and make her want him.
- Match her energy. Imagine the two of you going out on a date. She’s put forth the effort to put on makeup, wear a lovely dress and high heels, and you’re wearing an old t-shirt, jeans, and flip flops. That’s not going to cut it with a highly confident woman. She will have no trouble making this your first and only date.
- Be a highly sought-after man. Men like this are honest, respectable, reliable, generous, kind, great communicators, and leaders; they are self-aware and always focus on personal growth. They want to give the confident woman in their life the best version of themselves.
- Take care of your physical health. If a woman puts forth the effort to work on her physique, she will check to see what yours looks like, too.
- Be more confident yourself. Exude confidence, even if you are a bit nervous.
- Personal hygiene is a must. Trim those nose hairs, ear hairs, mustache, and beard. Show her that you take pride in your appearance and maintain good hygiene.
- Be a good listener and take an interest in what she shares with you.
- Chivalry is not dead. Open the door for her, offer her your coat if it's chilly, and pull out her chair.
- Make her laugh. Don't be afraid to be a little silly. Women love a man with a sense of humor. It takes a certain level of confidence for a guy to be vulnerable to a woman and try to be funny. Her smile and laughter will give you a confidence boost and cause her to let her guard down a little.
- Show her you care. If she was on the fence about you and the relationship, you can win her over by showing her that she means more to you than a physical attraction. Ask about her day, her family, her job, etc.
- Surprise her. If she mentions on a first date that Hershey's Kisses are her guilty pleasure, surprise her with a small bag on the second date. If she's said she loved playing with Old Maid cards as a kid, surprise her with a pack for the two of you to play.
- Treat others well. If you treat everyone with kindness, from the parking attendant to the wait staff or a stranger on the street, she will gain more confidence in you as a guy of great character. How you treat people who can do nothing for you (or your status) shows her what kind of man you really are.
Tips for Women Wanting to Become More Confident
If you aren’t inherently confident, you can work to cultivate and shape your confidence to become a more confident woman. The following are a few tips to help you be the self-assured woman you have always wanted to become.
21 Traits and Characteristics of a Highly Confident Woman
1. She doesn't conform to societal norms.
She marches to the beat of her own drum and doesn't feel the need to dress as other women do.
Neither does she give in to the peer pressures to shop at certain stores, follow pop culture, have certain hobbies, mother children, be a career woman, or listen to a popular genre of music as other women around her.
2. She doesn’t need to be a people pleaser.
Women like this don't compromise their personal priorities and values to make others happy or be accepted by them.
She has learned the importance of saying “NO” and has developed a life of doing things on her own terms.
3. She doesn’t blame others when she’s emotional.
She understands that life has less to do with what happens to us than how we respond to what happens.
She feels the responsibility to control her own emotions and works to improve her state of mind. So, this woman won’t blame those who may have let her down.
4. She knows what makes her happy.
A confident woman introspectively looks at her life and decides what brings her joy. Then, she works to pursue her passions to manifest those things in her life.
5. She gets satisfaction in serving others.
Kindness and generosity are two notable characteristics of a highly confident woman. She finds fulfillment and purpose in helping to meet the needs of others beyond those of her household.
It usually extends to her church, community organizations, work, and even national or international interests.
6. Priorities self-care.
A confident woman knows she needs to take care of herself to be there for others the way she desires to be.
She has no problem taking a day to sleep in, taking a spa day, doing some retail therapy, or taking a day to binge on Netflix and chill.
When she doesn't have a day for self-care, she will seize moments to go for a brisk nature walk, a quick bike ride, or treat herself to a bowl of ice cream after a stressful day.
7. She gets things done.
She will not make a habit of procrastinating. However, she will take the steps necessary to get things done, even if she is dreading the activity.
A confident woman loves the sense of completion more than the momentary ease she feels before completing a task. Plus, she doesn't like the feeling of an incomplete job hanging over her head.
She knows she won't reach her full potential, constantly putting things off while wishing things were better.
8. Loves to learn new information.
Even if she has attended years of college, a confident woman is ever learning. She stays up to date on information that she's passionate about and gains knowledge to refine skills pertaining to her career.
Doing this makes a woman more confident and an expert in what she's learned. With that learning comes the respect of others.
9. She can bounce back from adversity.
A confident woman can suffer significant losses and still come back stronger.
A relationship might end, she may lose her job, grieve a loved one's passing, or receive very disappointing and deflating news.
Yet, she can process what happened and, at the right time, become a better woman for it.
10. She believes “it can be done!”
No matter how many voices a confident woman hears telling her something cannot be accomplished, she genuinely believes it can be done.
She learns to silence the influence of the voices around her and those inside her own head that tell her something is impossible or to think smaller.
She is bold, dreams big, thinks big, and goes after what she wants with a relentless can-do attitude.
11. She doesn’t mind flying solo.
A confident woman doesn't go from one bad relationship to another in fear of being alone. No, she is okay dating herself. She will see the movie she wants, even if it's alone.
The absence of a romantic interest won't keep her from taking herself out to eat, buying herself flowers, or going on a vacation without a significant other at her side.
12. She doesn’t allow negative experiences to hold her back.
The bad decisions of the past and the mistakes she has made don’t hold a confident woman back. She doesn’t find herself looking in the rearview mirror of life, but she moves forward in confidence.
Negative people and thoughts that would handcuff her to the past are put away. She will not allow herself to be defined by her past.
13. She’s firm and decisive.
A confident woman stands up for herself. She’s not overbearing or aggressive but is firm and sure and won't tolerate blatant disrespect. If her requests aren’t heard or considered, she has no problem walking away.
14. She realizes no one is like her.
She celebrates what makes her unique and knows that her perspective, talents, skills, and life experience have made her the strong, intelligent, and fierce woman she is.
15. She doesn’t take offenses personally.
A confident woman knows how to let things roll off her back. When mistreated for no reason or out of jealousy, she realizes that it reflects more on the other person's character and not hers.
This allows her to keep looking forward and keep looking at the bigger picture in life.
16. She empowers others.
As a confident woman, you don't mind letting others shine. You know, if they shine, it won't diminish your value whatsoever.
Others' confidence may be waning, so a confident woman will find ways to help build their confidence and help them get a win.
It may be asking them questions that allow them to share their knowledge or giving them credit when working in a group setting.
17. She wants to make the world a better place.
She knows what she can do and how others can benefit from her knowledge, wisdom, skill set, and resources.
A confident woman will not be able to sit back and let the world pass her by when she knows she has something unique to offer to improve lives.
18. She knows what works for her, and she's not afraid to break the mold.
So, you accomplished great things by doing them one way. A confident woman will take the principles of what you accomplished but put her own spin on them to fit what works best for her.
It may mean trying new ideas or rewriting the rules. But she will leave her comfort zone and initiate something new and fresh to reach her goals.
19. She engages in positive self-talk.
Then, she will take the time to develop a habit or ritual each day to solidify those positive words in her heart.
20. She’s not afraid to stand out.
A confident woman lives by the motto, “Be a Fruit Loop in a world full of Cheerios.” Because she is not afraid to stand out. She embraces her own style and perspective on life and doesn’t compare herself to others.
Instead, she buys the corner house on the block that is dome-shaped. She drives the pretty pink car with the eyelashes above each headlight. This stand-out woman loves bright and bold colors and isn’t afraid to flaunt it.
She doesn’t mind the attention she gets because she’s different.
21. She is patient, gracious, and discrete.
Guys can ask out a confident woman and be turned down without their egos being severely bruised.
She will be so gracious and kind, even when letting him down, that he will walk away a little sad that he was turned down but grateful for the opportunity to share his feelings toward her, and it is well received.
A confident woman will extend grace toward others. She's not one to make herself look good by spreading gossip about one's failures.
Instead, she keeps those things to herself, even because if the shoe were on the other foot, she would want someone to show her the same respect.
Final Thoughts on Confident Women
I’d like to encourage you that you can be a highly confident woman and not align with all the points mentioned in this article.
However, confidence starts with learning to love yourself and you're God-given uniqueness. Then, be honest with yourself and take steps to improve the areas you know need work.
We are all a work in progress, whether we are highly confident women, less confident women, or someone trying to “bag” a confident woman.
May we all have the self-awareness, as men and women, to recognize our imperfections, celebrate what makes us unique, change the way we talk to ourselves, and take steps to improve upon the person we are today.
I hope you all gain the self-acceptance you need to never sell yourself short, put yourself first, and try new things.
When you do so, you will find that your life begins to attract more of what brings you joy and less of what once held you back.
And if you're looking for more articles about self confidence, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 7 Ways to Overcome the “People are Better Than Me” Mentality
- 11 Self-Confidence Boosting Activities for Students
- 19 Self-Confidence Building Exercises Every Person Should Try