There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Passion is what separates the ordinary from the extraordinary. It’s the fuel that drives people towards their dreams. And ignites a fire within that refuses to go out.
It feeds creativity, ambition, and perseverance, pushing us to go above and beyond what we believe are limits. Or rather, what we’re led to believe are limits.
Because who’s to say you can’t be a famous artist? Who’s to say you can’t raise thousands of dollars for charity? And who’s to say you can’t run your own successful enterprise?
By embracing your passion, you’ll discover who you really are and what you’re capable of. You’ll open doors to new opportunities and experiences. And live your life with more purpose than you ever thought possible.
If you think back far enough, you’ll probably remember a time when you wanted to be an astronaut, or a firefighter, or a famous musician. It probably seems a bit far-fetched now, but back then, it was real.
You were determined to save lives with your almost superhero skills. Or entertain the millions with your endless talent.
And then life forced you to grow up. The reality of a 9-5 kicked in as your responsibilities grew with you. And those childhood dreams became a distant memory.
But deep down, those dreams hold a special place in our hearts. They represent our longing for adventure, heroism, and creative freedom.
And although our dreams may evolve and change as we grow older, the underlying passion for exploring the world remains intact. It may be buried under piles of bills and deadlines, but it’s still there, waiting to be reignited.
So, let's not forget the dreams that once fueled our imaginations and continue to warm our hearts. Let's not let the monotony of everyday life extinguish the fire within us.
And instead, let’s prioritize what we love doing. Whether that's visiting art galleries, raising money for charity or hanging out with friends down the beach, let that be the focus in your life.
Because life is too short for regrets and what-ifs. It’s too short for mediocrity. And it’s too short for playing it safe.
Take risks. Step out of your comfort zone. Embrace new experiences. And, check out these passion quotes to help you on your way.
- “If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life.” – Marc Anthony
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
- “People with great passion can make the impossible happen.” – Unknown
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
- “Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them.” – Stacy London
Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them.” – Stacy London
- “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.” – Hunter S. Thompson
- “Focus on what lights a fire inside of you and use that passion to fill a white space. Don't be afraid of the challenges, the missteps, and the setbacks along the way. What matters is that you keep going.” – Kendra Scott
- “Make your passion your paycheck.” – Unknown
- “There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Dreams and passion are more powerful than facts and reality.” – Gail Lynne Goodwin
- “Know your passion. Follow it. Dream it. Live it.” – Unknown
- “Passion will move men beyond themselves, beyond their shortcomings, beyond their failures.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.” – David Frost
- “Enjoy the journey and try to get better every day. And don't lose the passion and the love for what you do.” – Nadia Comaneci
- “Finding your passion isn’t just about careers and money. it’s about finding your authentic self. The one you’ve buried beneath other people’s needs.” – Unknown
Finding your passion isn’t just about careers and money. it’s about finding your authentic self. The one you’ve buried beneath other people’s needs.” – Unknown
- “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Passion is born when you catch a glimpse of your true potential.” – Unknown
- “When your passion and purpose are greater than your fears and excuses, you will find a way.” – Unknown
- “Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.” – Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
- “Believe in yourself, listen to your gut, and do what you love.” – Dylan Lauren
- “Passion is so key in leading and creating excellence that I will hire passion over education and talent every time.” – Dave Ramsey
- “Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate.” – Jon Bon Jovi
- “Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not.” – Deepak Chopra
- “To succeed you have to believe in something with such passion that it becomes a reality.” – Anita Roddick
- “The minute you decide to do what you love to do, you have made a life plan for yourself and a career choice.” – Huda Kattan
The minute you decide to do what you love to do, you have made a life plan for yourself and a career choice.” – Huda Kattan
- “Life is full of challenges, but I always have the Three Ps: Passion, patience and persistence. And the fourth one is pizza.” – Butch Hartman
- “Passion is your joy, it is the essence of who you are. You have to unwrap it and find it.” – Jackie St. Onge
- “Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights the way.” – Unknown
- “Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it's business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don't love what you're doing and you can't give it your best, get out of it. Life is too short. You'll be an old man before you know it.” – Al Lopez
- “Chase down your passion like it’s the last bus of the night.” – Terri Guillemets
- “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” – T.D. Jakes
- “You can't fake passion.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it's possible to achieve the American dream.” – Tommy Hilfiger
- “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you're not passionate enough from the start, you'll never stick it out.” – Steve Jobs
- “It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” – Mae Jemison
It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” – Mae Jemison
- “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don't let anyone limit your dreams.” – Donovan Bailey
- “If you feel like there's something out there that you're supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it.” – Wanda Skyes
- “I know it sounds corny, but I think the meaning of life is to do what you love and be happy.” – John 5
- “A true passion that burns within your soul is one that can never be put out.” – Zach Toelke
- “You just have to be true to yourself and do what you love to do.” – Mickie James
- “If you don't love what you do, you won't do it with much conviction or passion.” – Mia Hamm
- “Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.” – Martha Graham
- “Follow your heart. Do what you love. Because I was constantly struggling with that. If it's in your heart, go for it. Don't listen to other people.” – Maz Jobrani
- “As long as you’ve got passion, faith and are willing to work hard, you can do anything you want in this life.” – Unknown
- “It's definitely a privilege to be able to do what you love to do; it's not something that everyone gets to do, so I feel really good about that.” – Awkwafina
Do what you love and love what you do. Because life is too short to be stuck doing things that make you miserable.
Find your passion. Pursue it with all your heart. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Whether it's playing video games, baking cupcakes for the homeless, or chasing a new career, just go for it!
And more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 37 Positive Self-Reflection Quotes to Grow in Life
- 65 Enjoy the Little Things Quotes to Appreciate Life
- 133 Positivity Quotes to Keep You Motivated During Challenges
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.