There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you often find yourself feeling undesirable because of the way your body looks?
Or do you experience days when so many negative thoughts play in your head that it affects your self-esteem and confidence?
In this article, we share with you 31 body positivity quotes to help you love yourself a little more. We have carefully selected these quotes to inspire and motivate you to be more appreciative of how you look and feel. At the end of this post, we hope that you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror and realize how beautiful you are.
But before we get to the list, let us first share with you the benefits of reading body positivity quotes.
What Are the Benefits of Body Positivity Quotes?
We all have moments when we feel like we’re lacking in some way. For some, this has something to do with their bodies and the way they think other people perceive them.
When we feel that there is something wrong with us, our self-esteem suffers and we develop a negative self-image in our minds.
This is why it is very important to have something that can immediately boost your self-esteem. You need body positivity quotes to make you feel better about yourself. Words are powerful, and a single quote or affirmation can definitely make or break your entire day.
Reading body positivity quotes helps you practice self-love and self-acceptance. You’ve got to appreciate your body and everything about yourself. So without further ado, let’s check out some inspiring quotes!
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “If we make self-love or body acceptance conditional, the truth is, we will never be happy with ourselves. The reality is that our bodies are constantly changing, and they will never remain exactly the same. If we base our self-worth on something as ever-changing as our bodies, we will forever be on the emotional roller coaster of body obsession and shame.” – Chrissy King
- “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does that—even the people that I consider flawless—then you can start to live with the way you are.” – Taylor Swift
- “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you,' if you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.” – Ashley Graham
- “Step away from the mean girls and say bye-bye to feeling bad about your looks. Are you ready to stop colluding with a culture that makes so many of us feel physically inadequate? Say goodbye to your inner critic, and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others.” – Oprah
- “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.” – Eve Ensler
- “Life is so much more beautiful and complex than a number on a scale.” — Tess Munster
- “Most important, in order to find real happiness, you must learn to love yourself for the totality of who you are and not just what you look like.” – Portia de Rossi
- “You are worth more than a waistline. You are worth more than beer bottles displayed like drunken artifacts. You are worth more than any naked body could proclaim in the shadows. More than a man’s whim or your father’s mistake. You are no less valuable as a size 16 than a size 4. You are no less valuable as a 32a than a 36c.” – Mary Lambert
- “One day I decided that I was beautiful and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. It doesn't have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see.” – Gabourey Sidibe
- “Confidence is the only key. I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
- “This is it: This body is home. This is where I live and hang my hat. This is where I settle into my hips and sit easy in myself, slung together with strong muscles and bones, made gentle and forging with flesh. This body is durable, has lasted for years, hunkered down through fierce storms and allows for the peaceful erosions of age. It is like a cottage on the shore: weathered and well made, a place where a person could comfortably live. I like it here. It is my own.” – Marya Hornbacher
- “Weight loss does not make people happy. Or peaceful. Being thin does not address the emptiness that has no shape or weight or name. Even a wildly successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart.” – Geneen Roth
- “You can’t eat beauty, it doesn’t sustain you. What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion, for yourself and those around you. That kind of beauty enflames the heart and enchants the soul.” – Lupita Nyong’o
- “There is nothing rarer, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
- “I wish I could tell my younger self that she was always more than a body. She always had more to offer the world than weight loss and flat abs. So much more.” – Megan Jayne Crabbe
- “We are a gorgeous, infinite circle of women of all shades, all styles, in all the ways we were made, inside of us everything blooms.” – Alicia Keys
- “My body is not yours to critique and discuss. My body is not yours for consumption. My body is my vessel. An archive of experiences. A weapon that has fought battles only I understand. A library of love, pain, struggle, victory, and mystery. Your eyes cannot define all it has endured. Do not place value upon my body, place it upon my being.” – Sophie Lewis
- “For young women, I would say, don't worry so much about your weight. Girls spend way too much time thinking about that, and there are better things…what makes you different or weird, that's your strength.” – Meryl Streep
- “You can’t really invest in your looks as your only ‘thing’ because it is a depreciating asset. Put your money, put your effort, invest in your brain and talent which will appreciate and get better as you get older.” – Rashida Jones
- “Speak to your body in a loving way. It's the only one you've got, it's your home, and it deserves your respect.” – Iskra Lawrence
- “By speaking of ourselves in a positive and affirmative fashion and finding ways to eradicate self-hate, by speaking kindly about ourselves and those around us, we can foster a sense of love and compassion powerful enough to restructure our society’s entire perspective of ‘body love’.” – Jessamyn Stanley
- “Everybody has a part of her body that she doesn’t like, but I’ve stopped complaining about mine because I don’t want to critique nature’s handiwork… My job is simply to allow the light to shine out of the masterpiece.” – Alfre Woodard
- “I don’t look in the mirror and go, ‘Oh, I look fantastic!’ Of course, I don’t. Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.” – Kate Winslet
- “How beautiful would it be if we could just see souls instead of bodies? To see love and compassion instead of curves.” – Karen Quan
- “Value yourself for what the media doesn't – your intelligence, your street smarts, your ability to play a kick-ass game of pool, whatever. So long as it's not just valuing yourself for your ability to look hot in a bikini and be available to men, it's an improvement.” – Jessica Valenti
- “We are beautiful because we are sons and daughters of God, not because we look a certain way.” – Kate Wicker
- “Your self-esteem won’t come from body parts. You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while, and look for another reflection, like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.” – Stacy London
- “You’re a work of art, not everybody will understand you, but the ones that do will never forget about you.” – Amber Ibarreche
Final Words on Body Positivity
Always remember that your value does not depend on how others see you, or even how you see yourself. You are intrinsically valuable, and need to treat yourself the way you want others to treat you. You need to acknowledge your value, and appreciate the unique and special person you are!
Learn to love yourself and appreciate the beauty in you. None of us are perfect, but our imperfections are what make us unique and beautiful.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 35 Motivational David Goggins Quotes to Inspire Hard Work
- 55 Confucius Quotes That Help You Succeed in Life Today
- 99 Paulo Coelho Quotes to Inspire, Uplift, and Make You Think
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.