There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Summer’s here, it’s time to dig out your favorite dresses or those embarrassing shorts!
It’s been a whirlwind of events these past two years, so we’ve compiled this list of 75 summer quotes to help get you in the mood for a good summer and make the most of the warmer months.
We’ve all been blindsided and affected in some way by the negative circumstances from the past couple of years, spending time thinking about summer and getting excited about the future is a welcome boost that anyone could do with right about now.
However, before we get to the quotes let’s talk about summer itself.
What You Will Learn
What is summer? Summer is the warmest season, starting after spring and before Autumn. The days are longer, there’s more sunlight and people generally prefer to be outdoors (or indoors with a nice fan).
Summer signifies life beginning to blossom to its fullest potential, as more sun allows for more growth. The summer season is a great time to slow down and start to think or appreciate more of your own life, it’s a time to start thinking about your future rather than dwelling on the past.
These past couple of years, in particular, have been rough across the board, lockdowns, uncertainty, and being unable to plan for the future have taken their toll. The summer of 2023 is the time to shake off the shackles of the past few years and start to embrace a more positive future.
If you take a look at most people's favorite memories, you’ll often find summer is involved. Family summer holidays, sizzling barbeques, refreshing salads, or even some nice cocktails. Summer is an anchor point for many happy memories, and every year it’s an opportunity to make even more.
We’ve been compiling this list of summer quotes to help get you in the mood to make the most out of these warmer months because they certainly won't last forever.
Sometimes it takes a conscious effort to change your mindset from worrying about the future to enjoying what you have now, and that’s where these quotes can help you.
Sit back, relax, grab a refreshing drink and let’s enjoy these summer quotes.
75 Summer Quotes to Enjoy the Warm Months in 2023
- “Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom.” – Rumi
- “Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne.” – Bryan Procter
- “Just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” – Maud Hart Lovelace
- “To lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” – John Lubbock
- “Rejoice as summer should…chase away sorrows by living.” – Melissa Marr
- “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” – Charles Bowden
- “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, enjoying the scenery, having fun with family and friends.” – Brian Wilson
- “Look, if I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.” – Jackie Burkhart
- “It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godbersen
- “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
- “Summer is singing with joy, and the beaches are inviting you with dancing waves,” – Debasish Mridha
- “Summer afternoon – summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” – Henry James
- “Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.” – sportscaster, Al Bernstein
- “Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside of me.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Summer was our best season: it was sleeping on the back screened porch in cots, or trying to sleep in the tree house; summer was everything good to eat; it was a thousand colors in a parched landscape…” – Harper Lee
- “O summer and soft wind. Relieves the heart and makes living cheaper,” – J.P. Donleavy
- “Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet.” – Bob Marley
- “When all else fails, take a vacation.” – Betty Williams
- “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
- “My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean.” – Nina Arianda
- “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.” – Jenny Han
- “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Some of the best memories are made in flip-flops.” – Kellie Elmore
- “I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies.” – Toni Morrison
- “Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
- “Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier.” – Zooey Deschanel
- “One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I just wanna lie on the beach and eat hot dogs. That’s all I’ve ever wanted.“ – Kevin Malone
- “A life without love is like a year without summer.” – Swedish Proverb
- “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … It’s summertime!” – Kenny Chesney
- “One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by,” – Jeanette Walls
- “Summertime and the livin’ is easy.” – Porgy and Bess
- “Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is about.” – John Mayer
- “Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night.” – Hal Borland
- “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
- “Summer's lease hath all too short a date.” – William Shakespeare
- “My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather.” – Terri Guillemets
- “There is no real need for decorations when throwing a barbecue party—let the summer garden, in all its vibrant and luscious splendor, speak for itself.” – Pippa Middleton
- “If summer had one defining scent, it’d definitely be the smell of barbecue.” – Katie Lee
- “Oh sun! Fervid Sun! You welcome me with summer. Drench me in your rays,” – Richelle E. Goodrich
Oh sun! Fervid Sun! You welcome me with summer. Drench me in your rays,” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Yellow butterflies look like flowers flying through the warm summer air.” – Andrea Willis
- “Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” – Helen Keller
- “The grill is the summer equivalent of a fireplace; everyone gravitates to it.” – Katie Lee
- “A fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Summer has a flavor like no other. Always fresh and simmered in sunshine.” – Oprah
- “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” – Bern Williams
- “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.” – Langston Hughes
- “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” – Kellie Elmore
- “When I figured out how to work my grill, it was quite a moment. I discovered that summer is a completely different experience when you know how to grill.” – Taylor Swift
- “The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last forever.” – E.B. White
- “In June, as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them.” – Aldo Leopold
- “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explode, and every sunset is different.” – John Steinbeck
- “Summer is drawn blinds in Louisiana, long winds in Wyoming, shade of elms and maples in New England.” – Archibald Macleish
- “Summer is a period of luxurious growth. To be in harmony with the atmosphere of summer, awaken early in the morning and reach to the sun for nourishment to flourish as the gardens do” – Paul Pitchford
- “But tomorrow may rain, so I’ll follow the sun.” – The Beatles
- “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble is too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance.” – Yoko Ono
- “I'm ready for barbecues and picnics; reading books in my hammock; lemon-berry iced tea and a rocking chair on the front porch, watching the sun set with friends; stargazing while eating s'mores in the backyard. Oh, summer…bring it on!” – Oprah
- “Summer sun, something's begun, but, oh, oh, the summer nights.” – John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
- “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “I almost wish we were butterflies and liv’d but three summer days – three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.” – John Keats
- “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.” – Pablo Neruda
- “It’s a sure sign of summer if the chair gets up when you do” – Walter Winchell
- “There’s nothing better than a beautiful day at the beach filled with sun, surf, and uh, diligent note-taking.” – Pam Beesly
- “You are so much sunshine in every square inch.” – Walt Whitman
- “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” – Celia Thaxter
- “…I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere,” – Isabelle Eberhardt
- “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” – Russell Baker
- “The tans will fade but the memories will last forever.” – Unknown
- “Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it's a start.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “To see the summer sky is poetry, though never in a book it lie–true poems flee.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Hot July brings cooling showers, Apricots, and gillyflowers,” – Sara Coleridge
- “At the beach, time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted.” – T.S. Eliot
We hope these summer quotes help you enjoy yourself in these warmer months, you only get one every year so why not make this the best summer yet?
In the meantime, check out these 25 daily affirmations for happiness and positive thinking to help get you in the mood to put on your sunglasses, get out the sun cream, and maybe have a nice barbecue or two. Thanks for reading – we hope you have an excellent summer!
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.