There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
In today’s busy world, it is customary to spend your time planning and anticipating the future, making to-do lists, and focusing on goals and outcomes. It is also usual to ruminate over the past, thinking about situations and experiences that still affect our emotions and perspectives.
But these types of thoughts can be stressful and create negative feelings. Mindfulness affirmations can help direct your attention to the present moment, positively focusing your thoughts.
(Side note: Want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations? Check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.)
What You Will Learn
- Why Mindfulness Affirmations are Important for Living in the Present Moment
- 104 Mindfulness Affirmations to Live in the Present Moment
- How to Use Mindfulness Affirmations for Living in the Present Moment
- Final Thoughts on Mindfulness Affirmations to Live in the Present Moment
Why Mindfulness Affirmations are Important for Living in the Present Moment
Psychology Today defines mindfulness as “living in the moment and being awake to the present” instead of ruminating on the past or anticipating the future. Mindfulness has two key aspects:
Awareness focuses your attention on your experience of the present moment, especially on the thoughts, feelings, and sensations in your inner world at that moment.
Acceptance is the ability to observe these thoughts, feelings, and sensations without judging or avoiding them. It releases you from self-criticism of your experience.
Mindfulness gives you insight into yourself, your inner identity, and consciousness and cultivates a balanced perspective and acceptance of yourself. It has a vast range of benefits for your physical and mental health benefits.
Mindfulness can be practiced in an enormous variety of ways. Many people practice mindfulness meditation, where you calm your mind, focus on your breathing, and allow your thoughts to pass without attachment or judgment.
Mindfulness can also be part of ordinary daily activities, like going for a walk or doing household chores, as long as you calm your thoughts, pay attention to the present moment, and engage all your senses in the activity.
Finally, mindfulness can be cultivated through affirmations, which help focus your thoughts and promote calm, positive acceptance of the present moment.
104 Mindfulness Affirmations to Live in the Present Moment
- I am fully present
- I am in the best possible place at this moment
- I am grounded in calmness
- I take life one moment at a time
- I focus on my own well-being
- At this moment, I have everything I need
- I am thankful for each breath
- I breathe in peace; I breathe out fear
- I am at peace
- I do not worry
- I accept this moment as a gift
- I am thankful for my senses; they show me the beautiful world
- I have all the strength I need
- I accept myself without criticism
- I let go of what is outside my control
- I am not afraid
- My body is strong
- I am grateful for this moment
- I notice and welcome my feelings
- I care for myself with kindness
- I am safe at this moment
- Today I am happy
- I enjoy the small pleasures of each day
- Just as I am, I am acceptable
- My mind is resilient
- I am fully in the here and now
- I am confident that all is well
- I give my attention to each breath
- I deserve happiness
- I feel my own strength
- I am glad that I exist
- I am alive in this moment
- I can do what needs to be done
- I can handle the difficulties I face
- I have the power to transform my world
- I nurture my own life
- My mind is strong
- Calmness fills my mind and body
- I am fully in the now
- I know that my life matters
- I am fully conscious of this moment
- I choose peace rather than stress
- I trust myself to succeed
- I am thankful for my life
- I have everything I need
- Each breath gives me peace
- My life is a gift
- My strength is more than enough
- My peace grows and grows each day
- I am filled with joy
- I am here now
- This moment is a new beginning
- All my potential exists in this moment
- I cherish this moment of my life
- My joyous future grows from this present moment
My joyous future grows from this present moment”
- At this moment, I feel thankful for my purpose in life
- I welcome my feelings without judgment
- My life is always in the now
- Everything exists in this moment
- I live fully in this moment and do not worry about the future
- Today is a glorious day
- This moment of my life is perfect
- I am more aware and alive at every moment
- Now is the perfect time for me
- I give this moment my thankful attention
- I am stronger now than I have ever been
- I am delighted with the path my life is taking
- I am joyfully unique
- I feel my power and purpose grow stronger with every moment
- My perfect future grows from this moment
- I give kindness and compassion to myself
- This moment is full of opportunities
- I deserve peace and joy
- I know my needs and wants are important
- I have confidence in myself
- I am not distracted by worry
- At this moment, I will breathe and be happy
- I accept my flaws with compassion and humor
- I greet this moment with gratitude
- I celebrate my potential
- I can do anything
- I welcome each moment eagerly
- My life is unique and beautiful just as it is
- I am everything I need
- I learn and grow with every moment
- My potential is unlimited
- I trust myself to live my best life
- At this moment, I am content
- I allow my true self to emerge moment by moment
- I am powerful and capable
- This moment in my life is full of good things
- I focus on what I am doing at this moment
- I believe in myself more every moment
- Goodness and happiness are mine at this moment
- My life is worthy and necessary
- My mind and body are in harmony
- I control my thoughts and choices
- This moment is the only reality; I will experience it fully
- I like myself just as I am
- I celebrate every moment with joy and attention
- I expect great things from life
- I am doing my best at every moment
- I remember to be here in the moment and be thankful
- At this moment, I remember to be open to all that life brings
How to Use Mindfulness Affirmations for Living in the Present Moment
Most people begin by using mindfulness affirmations as part of their meditation practice. To use positive affirmations in mindfulness meditation, follow these steps:
Find A Quiet Place Where You Can Relax and Concentrate
You don’t need a special meditation room or yoga cushion if you can find a physically comfortable space and some quiet time.
Find a relaxed, neutral body position, with your spine upright but not held in tension and your head comfortably balanced on top of your spine. Allow your arms and legs to find a neutral, stable position to rest.
Relax Your Eyes
You don’t need to close your eyes if you don’t want to, but let your eyes relax, and your gaze drop without focusing on anything in particular.
Notice Your Body
Feel your chest move with your breathing and notice the air currents on your skin and the sounds that reach your ears. Notice all these things without concentrating on them.
Observe Your Thoughts
It is natural for your mind to wander during meditation. If your thoughts wander, try to notice your thoughts without attaching feelings and emotions to them. When you notice emotions, name them without owning them. For example, think “there is a worry” rather than “I am worried.”
Repeat Your Affirmations
Use your affirmations to guide your thoughts back to your body and breathe gently. Repeat your affirmations out loud, stating positive affirmations like “I am calm,” “I am in control,” or “I accept all my emotions unconditionally, without being affected by them.” Take a deep breath after every affirmation and reflect on the words you have heard.
Gently Return to Ordinary Activity
After your mindfulness meditation, gently return your thoughts to your everyday activities. Thank your body and the universe for the period of rest.
Mindfulness meditation is just one way to use mindfulness affirmations to live in the present moment. You may also want to incorporate mindfulness practices into your communication style.
Final Thoughts on Mindfulness Affirmations to Live in the Present Moment
In the hectic modern world, many people seek healthy ways to manage stress and anxiety and live a calmer, more optimistic, more centered life. Mindfulness affirmations are a great way to live more consciously, take control of your thoughts and emotions, and become a more balanced, healthy person. Appropriately used mindfulness affirmations can change your life.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.