There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Life is filled with many beautiful moments. Some of these are immense, like being reunited with family after lockdown. Or seeing your newborn baby for the very first time.
And others are simple pleasures in life. Like the smell of coffee when you first wake up. Or a song that brings back happy memories.
It’s these moments that catch us off-guard. That stop us in our tracks, beckoning us to open our eyes. And, more importantly, our hearts a little more.
Every day is a chance to feel more emotionally connected. To get up before dawn and watch the sunrise. To see the world awaken.
And be part of something truly beautiful.
How many days have you been on this earth? 3000? 8000? 20,000?
And out of those days, how many times have you watched the sunrise? How many times have you witnessed the new day cast light for as far as you could see?
Probably not enough. And you’re not alone in that.
Let’s be honest; the idea of getting up in the dark isn’t all that inviting. The ridiculously early alarm needed would feel like a rather rude awakening. And if you did come to, a single foot sticking out of the duvet would be enough to tell you that it’s too early, too cold, and too much effort.
Besides which, the sun rises every single morning. So what difference does it make if the morning you get up is any morning other than, this morning?
And that’s the excuse you’ll give yourself every single day. That is until you choose to do things differently.
We all say we want more out of life, to do more and see more. And yet purposely avoid moments that bring us this.
Enough of the reasons why not to do things. It's time to set that alarm and drag yourself out of bed. To throw on some clothes, and go watch the sunrise.
You can drive somewhere scenic, or stand in your own backyard. It doesn’t matter. What’s important is being present. Being in that beautiful moment as the world welcomes a new day.
And with that new day, you have the opportunity to do something good, be it wiping the slate clean with a loved one. Applying for that job you really wanted. Or simply making time to finish the book you’ve been reading.
Don’t let opportunities pass you by. Start getting up early. Start embracing the day. And start reading these sunrise quotes.
- “Dance when the sun comes up.” – A.D. Posey
- “Sunrise: proof the best things in life are free.” – Unknown
- “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” – Bernard Williams
- “My favorite combo: sunrise and coffee.” – Unknown
- “Nature unfolds her treasure at the first ray of sunrise.” – Kishore Bansal
- “Rise and shine!” – Unknown
- “Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.” – George Washington Carver
- “Every day a million miracles begin at sunrise!” – Eric Jerome Dickey
- “Here comes the sun.” – Unknown
- “Today, the sun will rise on all your doubts.” – Marty Rubin
- “The most beautiful sunset is when you have it with your beloved one and the most beautiful sunrise is quite the same.” – Galina Nelson
- “Everyone should experience a sunrise at least once a day.” – Phil Dunphy
- “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” – A.J. Lawless
- “Rise before the sun does.” – Unknown
- “Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. ” – Max Lucado
- “Read a nice poem or watch the sunrise, both are the same thing!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “It’s a beautiful morning.” – Unknown
- “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” – Nathan Phillips
- “Every sunrise is a new page of the book of your life, don’t let it stay blank.” – Jaume Puig Costa-Jussà
- “Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” – Robb Sagendorph
- “I got a pocket full of sunshine.” – Unknown
- “I love the sunrise, as I am definitely a morning person! It's a great time to get up and have a coffee in the garden by myself before everybody wakes up.” – Bianca Balti
- “I wanted everybody to see a sunrise and be knocked out by the miracle of it, the world being created every morning.” – Mordicai Gerstein
- “We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness.” – Sapna Reddy
- “Just like the days, no two sunrises are ever the same.” – Jonathan P. Lamas
- “Even the darkest night ends and the sun rises again.” – Unknown
- “I have grown up on a diet of sunrise picnics, learning the names of butterflies, planting trees.” – Dia Mirza
- “This sunrise really brightened my day!” – Unknown
- “The sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Watch sunrises, not Netflix.” – Unknown
- “The sunrise is always a source of morale for human beings; in the days when the world experiences global disasters, sunrise becomes almost an angel.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Sometimes, it’s worth not pushing that snooze button.” – Unknown
- “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Skip the snooze button. Catch the surnise.” – Unknown
- “There is always a way and always hope in the next sunrise, and in the next second, and in the next minute.” – Ziggy Marley
- “Let the beauty of sunrise keep your heart warm.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “I will always be that girl who gets excited when the sky turns pretty colors.” – Unknown
- “The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” – John Muir
- “Love has no culture, boundaries, race and religion. It is pure and beautiful like early morning sunrise falling in lake.” – Santosh Kalwar
Love has no culture, boundaries, race and religion. It is pure and beautiful like early morning sunrise falling in lake.” – Santosh Kalwar
- “Cherish the times you can watch the sunrise, there’s only so many in a lifetime.” – Unknown
- “We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes. But its beauty can burn in our hearts eternally.” – R. A. Salvatore
- “Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise.” – Fleetwood Mac
- “The morning steals upon the night, Melting the darkness.” – William Shakespeare
- “It’s almost impossible to watch a sunrise and not dream.” – Bernard Williams
- “What I know for sure is that every sunrise is like a new page, a chance to right ourselves and receive each day in all its glory. Each day is a wonder.”- Oprah Winfrey
- “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” – Karl Schmidt
- “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.” – Umair Siddiqui
- “Rest but never quit. Even the sun has a sinking spell each evening. But it always rises the next morning. At sunrise, every soul is born again.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Each day is born with a sunrise.” – Suzy Kassem
- “When the sun rises, it rises for everyone.” – Cuban Proverb
- “Each time I see a beautiful sunset or sunrise, I have to pinch myself because I can’t believe that I’m awake and not dreaming.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “She leaned back in her chair, watching the sunrise as if it were a private performance intended just for her. And for a moment it felt that way: as if the sun was showing off for her benefit, reminding her how wonderful it was to be young and alive.” – Katharine McGee
- “Watching sunrises around the world is boring” – Said no one ever.” – Unknown
- “Sunrise is the reminder that we can start a new beginning from anywhere.” – Rupal Asodaria
- “Let every sunrise adorn your mind with the power of hope. Let it paint your life with the colors of the morning sky.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Every sunrise is a blessing, it’s an opportunity to learn something new and to create something that can benefit others. It also gives a chance to make amends. Use it wisely before sunset.” – Euginia Herlihy
- “At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.” – Debasish Mridha
- “In someone's darkest hour your simple act of kindness may imitate the sunrise, and to sad eyes you become their only source of light. ” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “As I woke up this morning, and I opened my eyes, I am very grateful to see another sunrise.” – Charmaine J Forde
- “Let the Morning Sky shade be your favourite colour!” – Somya Kedia
- “Every now and then I sit and watch the sun rise to remind myself how it’s done – peacefully, steadily, warmly, and in beautiful color.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “A faint blush below the horizon, as the first kiss from the Sun wakes the Earth from its slumber.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
- “Indeed, the sun rises each morning with a ray of new sunshine after the darkness of each night, such circled-journey of it will stay continue; however, not ours.” – Ehsan Sehgal
- “Get outside. Watch the sunrise. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” – Amy Grant
- “One grateful thought is a ray of sunshine. A hundred such thoughts paint a sunrise. A thousand will rival the glaring sky at noonday – for gratitude is light against the darkness. ” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Sunrises and sunsets were breathtaking moments in his life. Moments of exhilaration and ecstasy. Deeply moving moments when he would dream. Dreams that splashed myriad colors on his mind’s gray canvas!” – Avijeet Das
- “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” – Jhiess Krieg
- “I love sunrises. They always signify something new and something beautiful. The darkness fading away.” – Michelle N. Onuorah
- “It’s a new day. Yesterday’s failure is redeemed at the sunrise.” – Todd Stocker
- “How sweet the morning air is! See how that one little cloud floats like a pink feather from some gigantic flamingo…. How small we feel with our petty ambitions and strivings in the presence of the great elemental forces of Nature!” – Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Don’t you feel you get value for your day if you’ve actually watched the sun rise?” – AJ Vosse
- “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” – Juansen Dizon
- “Just as the sun rises, a fresh start begins. We all have a choice. Will you make the best of it?” – Jacqueline Cooper
- “…..what better motivation are you looking for in the morning than the incredible motivation of the morning sunrise?” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Watching the sunset, although beautiful, comes easily to most of us. We’re often in the right place, at the right time, and can watch in awe as the colors disperse.
But watching the sunrise is about commitment. It’s about moving away from the ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’ or next week mindset. And instead, making today a priority.
Seeing those first flickers of light stream across the earth signifies the new day you have before you. So make time for more beautiful moments. It’ll change your life.
And if you’re looking for more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 133 Positivity Quotes to Keep You Motivated During Challenges
- 75 Positive Quotes to Lift Up Yourself or Other People
- 35 Inspirational Have a Great Day Quotes and Sayings
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.