There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you ever felt like you’re not good enough?
There are a bunch of reasons why you might feel you’re not good enough, not hitting your goals, feeling like you’re not good enough for a partner, or just generally being dissatisfied with who you are.
Our materially driven culture prizes success and amassing more and more wealth. When you measure yourself against others who may appear to be succeeding in life this can cause serious problems for your self-worth.
Even if we are doing better than everyone around us this can still cause feelings of inadequacy.
Why is this?
Often we need perspective – especially if we’re trapped in a compulsive cycle of thinking, which is affecting all of us more and more.
If all this sounds familiar, then these 103 “you are enough” quotes can help you understand you’re not alone. They can inspire you to see how great you truly are – because without exception every human being is capable of amazing things.
Let’s learn a little more about this before we get to the quotes.
Not feeling you are enough is a common affliction. Modern media has surrounded us with super-wealthy and talented people, social media has given us a ready pool of people who always seem to be happy and successful, this can further exacerbate self-esteem issues.
Much of what we see in the media is not real happiness or contentment. It’s often carefully engineered marketing to make you feel like you’re lacking in some way, constantly feeding your mind this can be so harmful, so step number one is to stop this.
Step two is to build your awareness, and that’s where the quotes come in. The words that you feed your mind greatly control your self-talk. We’ve compiled this list of you are enough quotes to help you reflect and introspect.
You can also use them to feed your mind some healthy, wholesome ideas and perspectives from some of the greatest thinkers on our planet.
It’s only through understanding ourselves that we truly understand our greatness. Nobody can tell you the truth about yourself, they simply haven’t spent the same amount of time in your shoes as you have.
You are more than enough and you truly are great, even if you can’t quite see it yet.
Let’s proceed to the quotes.
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “At the end of the day darling, you are enough. You always have been. It may have taken you awhile to see that and to finally reach this place, but you have always been enough.” – Lacey Ramburger
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou.
- “You really are good enough, pretty enough, and strong enough.” – Al Carraway
- “Quit searching for essence in everything you've gotten wrong. It's right there in everything you've gotten right. Just get better at it.” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Breathe, let go, and be in the flow of right now. In this moment, you are enough.” – Lee Horbachewski
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “You would free yourself from so much stress and drama if you just understood and embraced the truth that you are enough.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Sometimes you have to realize that you’ve HAD enough to realize that you ARE enough.” – Mandy Hale
- “There is only one person responsible for the quality of life you live and that person is you.” – Jack Canfield
- “Treat yourself as if you already are enough. Walk as if you are enough. Eat as if you are enough. See, look, listen as if you are enough. Because it’s true.” – Geneen Roth
- “Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.” – Osho
- “You determine your self worth. You decide if you are good enough. It is up to you. Not someone else.” – Unknown
- “There is nothing to prove and nothing to protect. I am who I am and that is enough.” – Richard Rohr
- “Believe in yourself. You are enough.” – Caroline Ghosn
- “Being yourself means shedding all the layers of looking good, wanting to be liked, being scared to stand out and trying to be who you think people want you to be.” – Jeff Moore
- “I am strong. I am beautiful. I am enough.” – Vanessa Pawlowski
- “What do you believe about who you are? About your capabilities? When was the last time you trusted yourself enough to test them?” – Gina Greenlee
- “I think age is just a number – if you are young enough, you are old enough – as long as you are good enough, age shouldn't come into it.” – Ashley Young
- “Be confident enough in your actions not to need to explain yourself. Trust yourself and act.” – Bernard Roth
- “Being different isn't a bad thing. It means you are brave enough to be yourself.” – J.K. Rowling
- “You are enough not because you did or said or thought or bought or became or created something special, but because you always were.” – Marisa Peer
- “Your best will never be good enough, to the ones constantly searching for your flaws. But for you to be the best, you need to ignore your flaws and do your best.”– Gift Gugu Mona
- “It is easy to believe you are not good enough if you listen to everybody else.” – Mackenzie Astin
- “Be yourself but always your better self.” – Karl G Maeser
- “Don’t look outside of yourself for approval. You need to find it from inside and know that you are enough.” – Rachel Platten
- “Somebody out there probably thinks you're the greatest thing in the whole world. Don't ever think you're not good enough.” – John David Anderson
- “You are my everlasting home. Don’t you ever be afraid. I am enough. We are enough.” – Sue Monk Kidd
- “The only way you're going to get through life, happily, is being yourself.” – Nikki Blonsky
- “You are more, so much more than the love that wasn’t enough.” – Lauren M. Garcia
- “Your words control your life, your progress, your results, even your mental and physical health. You cannot talk like a failure and expect to be successful.” – Germany Kent
- “You are good enough, smart enough, beautiful enough, and strong enough. Believe it and never let insecurity and society's perception on how you should run your life change your attitude toward your own reflection and personality.” – Kemmy Nola
- “Never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning.” – Anthony Trollope
- “Be yourself, don't take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.” – Gerard Way
- “Feel the fact that you are enough.” – Mark Nepo
- “Whatever you did today is enough. Whatever you felt today is valid. Whatever you thought today isn't to be judged. Repeat the above each day.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “If you love yourself, you love others. If you hate yourself, you hate others.” – Osho
- “Just a reminder, what other people think of you is none of your business.” – Ze Frank
- “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” – John Jakes
- “You are loved. You are enough. You are beautiful. You are worthy. You are irreplaceable.” – Rochelle Griffin
- “So many people try to be perfect to fit into the world view. What they fail to realize is that it is the world that is imperfect, not them” – Sandra Cooze
- “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” – E.E. Cummings
- “Accept that you are enough. You don’t need to be anything that you are not.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The freedom to be yourself is a gift only you can give yourself. But once you do, no one can take it away.” – Doe Zantamata
- “But you’ve always been good enough. You’ve just been giving the best parts of you to the wrong people.” – R.H. Sin
- “Your worth lies in your soul. You radiate what you have within.” – Anoir Ou-Chad
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”– Mark Twain
- “You are good enough as you, so delete that Facetune app and step away from that really weird filter that makes you look smoother than Craig David.” – Iskra Lawrence
- “You change the world by being yourself.” – Yoko Ono
- “Life is so big. Do not try to fill it. Instead, expand within. You are enough for you.” – Bryant McGill
- “You are a firecracker in everything you do. Celebrate yourself everyday.” – Hiral Nagda
- The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you're enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, vulnerable and imperfect.”– Brene Brown
- “Why should we worry about what others think of us? Do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
- “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
- “I’m worthy enough, beautiful enough, and I don’t need anything else to feel whole.” – Demi Lovato
- “We're told the grass is greener and richer somewhere, but we were never told that who we are is enough.” – Shiena Gable
- “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that's when you're most beautiful.” – Zoe Kravitz
Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that's when you're most beautiful.” – Zoe Kravitz
- “Sometimes you might feel like you’re not good enough or unique enough, but everyone is! Everyone has different personalities.” – Astrid S
- “By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliott
- “It doesn't matter what happens, you're stuck being yourself.” – Rian Mileti
- “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo
- “You are an exquisite inhabitant of this blue floating planet, therefore you are nothing short of a striking miracle.” – Hiral Nagda
- “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. you don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
- “Because despite what you feel, you are not too much. You are not too sensitive or too needy. You are compassionate and kind. And with or without anyone’s acknowledgment or affection, you are enough.” – Daniell Koepke
- “You are whole. All by yourself, a complete moving universe. You keep rising, expanding, freely giving. Yet, never in lack of your core.” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn't change the heart of others– it only changes yours.” – Shannon Alder
- “I am thankful for all of those who said no to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
- “Life has not been able to break me and it will not break you. Stand tall for you are loved, you are enough, you are able, and in the end we will survive.” – Donna G. Bourgeois
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.” – Tim Fargo
- “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.” – Aslan
- “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality, and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
- “We are all a little broken. But last time I checked, broken crayons still color the same.” – Trent Shelton
- “We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.” – Malcolm X
- “The unhappiest people in this world are those who care the most about what other people think.” – C. JoyBell C
- “I exist as I am, that is enough.” – Walt Whitman
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
- “It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” – Amelia Barr
- “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you're worthy of the trip.” – Glenn Beck
- “The moment you see how important it is to love yourself, you will stop making others suffer.” – Buddha
- “Refuse to accept another’s estimation of yourself.” – Alison Stormwolf
- “You inspire people, not by showing them how amazing you are, but by showing them how amazing they are.” – Alexander Den Heijer
- “You are enough. A thousand times enough.” – Atticus
- “Confidence is knowing who you are and not changing it a bit because of someone’s version of reality is not your reality.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it.” – Robin Sharma
- “If you are good at something, and especially, if people who matter tell you that you are good enough, you must follow that…” – Mary Kom
- “Loving yourself isn't vanity. It is sanity.” – André Gide
- “For me, the opposite of scarcity is not abundance. It’s enough. I’m enough. My kids are enough.” – Brene Brown
- “They are called, “SELF-worth” and “SELF-esteem” for a reason… we can't let others decide what we are worth, that is so dangerous! Empower yourself!” – Jaeda DeWalt
- “Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You’ve got two good legs. So get up and use them. You’re strong enough to make your own path.” – Edward Elric
- “As you love yourself, life loves you back.” – Kamal Ravikant
- “People always underestimate me. But if you stick around long enough, act out of conviction, and try to be honorable in everything you do, good things will come to you.” – Salma Hayek
- “When admiring other people's gardens, don't forget to tend to your own flowers.” – Sanober Khan
- “The single most revolutionary thing you can do is recognize that you are enough.”– Carlos Andres Gomez
- “It’s not vanity to feel you have a right to be beautiful. Women are taught to feel we’re not good enough, that we must live up to someone else’s standards. But my aim is to cherish myself as I am.” – Elle Macpherson
- “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.” – Deborah Day
- “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” – Virginia Woolf
Going through life knowing you are enough is like sprouting wings. It can take time to shift negative self-talk and become content about who you are, but it’s one of the most rewarding things any human can do.
These quotes can help you reprogram your own mind for positive self-talk. Over time your self-esteem will increase and as your awareness builds the idea that you are anything but a wonderful human full of potential will be a distant memory.
You can also help yourself using this list of 100 affirmations for insecurity to believe in yourself, and never forget that you are enough!
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 79 Self Care Quotes for Your Mind, Body & Soul
- 75 Life is Too Short Quotes to Savor Every Moment
- 67 Grit Quotes to Persevere When Times are Tough
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.