There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Facing a difficult situation can feel like you’re standing on top of a mountain. You try to pinpoint the way home. And yet, only manage to see the great drop before you.
The moment feels overwhelming. And your brethe, impossible to catch. But take a step back from the edge and know that you're not alone in your struggles.
It may be hard to see a way forward. But you have the strength and courage to overcome this, or any other challenge, that comes your way.
And if you need a little convincing, these believe in yourself quotes will help you to see just that.
You weren’t born knowing how to take those first steps. You didn’t know what to do when you fell. And you didn’t have an inbuilt ‘get up and try again’ mentality.
These are things you learn. You learn how to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going. These are skills that you develop through experience and the lessons life throws at you.
Every stumble and every obstacle becomes an opportunity to grow as a person. And with every win, you find a little more self-belief. A little more faith in your own abilities. And a little more resilience to get through the tough days.
That doesn't mean you won't ever dance with self-doubt. We all question whether we’re good enough, clever enough, strong enough, and so on. And it can feel paralyzing, causing us to second-guess ourselves and hold back from the life we want.
We worry that we’ll be left behind, that we won’t make it or be looked down on. But it’s important to remember that self-doubt is just a voice in our heads. And it doesn't define who we are or what we are capable of.
By believing in yourself, by putting one foot in front of the other, you’re rejecting the agonizing fears and insecurities. You’re taking charge of the here and now. And directing your focus on a more positive future.
So let’s take a look at these believe in yourself quotes to help fuel your self-belief. And remember, you are more than capable of achieving anything you put your mind to.
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions … do your thing, and don't care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
- “Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.” – Bryce Courtenay
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
- “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Believe in yourself, your abilities, and your own potential. Never let self-doubt hold you captive. You are worthy of all that you dream and hope for.” – Roy Bennett
- “Low self-confidence isn't a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” – Barrie Davenport
- “A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings.” – Charlie Wardle
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E.E. Cummings
- “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brené Brown
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Dr. Benjamin Spock
- “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
- “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don't let these feelings stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
- “Everything You’ve ever wanted is one step outside your comfort zone.” – Unknown
- “Those who wish to sing always find a song.” – Plato
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
- “There are ups and downs, but whatever happens, you have to trust and believe in yourself.” – Luka Modric
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” – J.M. Barrie
- “It's a dead-end street if you sit around waiting for someone else to tell you you're OK.” – Michael Pitt
- “If you're presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” – Katy Perry
- “My message to myself is always, ‘If you don't believe in yourself, who will?'” – Ja Morant
- “Inhale confidence, exhale doubt.” – Unknown
- “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited about what could go right.” – Tony Robbins
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” – Bernard M. Baruch
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.” – Cynthia Kersey
- “Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them.” – Stacy London
- “When they say the sky's the limit to me that's really true” – Michael Jackson
- “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.” – David J. Schwartz
- “I forgive myself for having believed, that I was never good enough to have, get & be what I wanted.” – DeRohan
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
- “The only power that exists is inside ourselves.” – Anne Rice
- “Be you, love you. All ways, always.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Laozi
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
- “In a society that profits from your self-doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act.” – Unknown
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Sharon Salzberg
- “I learned a long time ago, the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side.” – Maya Angelou
- “Believe in yourself and believe in your dreams. Follow them, never give up, that's the most important thing. If you believe you can get there, then one day you will.” – Joao Moutinho
Believe in yourself and believe in your dreams. Follow them, never give up, that's the most important thing. If you believe you can get there, then one day you will.” – Joao Moutinho
- “The Universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.” – Rumi
- “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” – Edward Everett Hale
- “If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” – Bear Bryant
- “Don’t let what you can’t do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
- “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing. Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving Source – a Sower of Dreams – just waiting to be asked to help you make your dreams come true.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “If you believe in yourself anything is possible.” – Miley Cyrus
- “You don’t need the light at the end of the tunnel. You are the light.” – Unknown
- “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.” – Henry Ford
- “Believe in yourself, listen to your gut, and do what you love.” – Dylan Lauren
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
People choose to believe in many things like love at first sight, long weekends, and religion. But the one thing we should all believe in is ourselves.
By doing so, we have the power to turn our dreams into reality and achieve so much. We can leave self-doubt behind. And live every day to the fullest.
You are incredible. You just have to believe in yourself.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 77 Humble Quotes to Stay Grounded in Life
- 81 Truth Quotes About Seeking the Right Answer
- 91 Spiritual Quotes to Awaken and Enrich Your Life
- 65 Contentment Quotes on Being Satisfied with Life
- 85 Empowering Divorce Quotes About the End of a Marriage