61 Spiritual Quotes to Awaken and Enrich Your Life
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
What does it mean to be spiritually awakened?
How do you measure someone’s level of spirituality?
According to Oxford, spirituality is the “quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul, as opposed to material physical things.” But while this may be the standard definition, we believe that being spiritual can mean a lot of things to different people.
For instance, one person can feel spiritual toward his or her goals in life, while another can feel spiritual toward his or her social responsibility. Some people may feel spiritual with respect to their relationships with everyone around them, while others may feel spiritual with respect to self-care or self-love.
Spirituality typically has something to do with your sense of peace and purpose. It may or may not be related to religion, and it may or may not be connected with your duties and responsibilities as a person. However it manifests for you, spirituality is the whole essence of your happiness and where your heart’s desires lies.
In this post, we share with you a list of spiritual quotes that may help you become more spiritual. But before we proceed to our list, let us first share with you how reading these quotes can actually help you achieve your goals.
What You Will Learn
Why Read Spiritual Quotes?
Reading these spiritual quotes can make it a lot easier for you to find your sense of purpose. The quotes can help you identify what makes your life worth living, and aid you in living a rich life and be more mindful of your actions and words.
If you have already found your purpose, then we believe that these quotes can still help you by serving as a reminder that you have to keep moving forward. Likewise, these quotes can assist you in understanding what it truly means to become more spiritual. Ultimately, this will help you live a more meaningful and happier life.
Are you ready for quotes that can change your life? Let’s check them out!
61 Spiritual Quotes to Awaken and Enrich Your Life
- “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit and that its center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.” – Black Elk
- “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Awakening is not changing who you are, but discarding who you are not.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Don’t ever discount the wonder of your tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak.” – William Paul Young
- “I understand once again that the greatness of God always reveals itself in the simple things.” – Paulo Coelho
- “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.” – John Lennon
- “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy, and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.” – Elder Wisdom
- “Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.” – Brian Weiss
- “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you really are.” – Carl Jung
- “The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go God’s love for us does not.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Age has no reality except in the physical world. The essence of a human being is resistant to the passage of time. Our inner lives are eternal, which is to say that our spirits remain as youthful and vigorous as when we were in full bloom. Think of love as a state of grace, not the means to anything, but the alpha and omega. An end in itself.” – Gabriel García Márquez
- “You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.” – Amit Ray
- “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- “It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters.” – Amit Ray
- “We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.” – Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- “Within each of us is a light, awake, encoded in the fibers of our existence. Divine ecstasy is the totality of this marvelous creation experienced in the hearts of humanity.” – Tony Samara
- “What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.” – Hans Urs von Balthasar
“What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.” – Hans Urs von Balthasar
- “A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, and must empty ourselves. Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your weakness.” – Mother Teresa
- “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity. Connect with those around you today. Say, “I love you”, “I’m sorry”, “I appreciate you”, “I’m proud of you”…whatever you’re feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it…cause a smile today for someone else…and give plenty of hugs.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Religion is for people who’re afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who’ve already been there.” – Vine Deloria Jr.
- “Let what comes come. Let what goes go. Find out what remains.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “The reality of loving God is loving him like he’s a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.” – Criss Jami
- “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
- “Sometimes I think there are only two instructions we need to follow to develop and deepen our spiritual life: slow down and let go.” – Oriah Mountain Dreamer
- “Spirituality is recognizing and celebrating that we are all inextricably connected to each other by a power greater than all of us and that our connection to that power and to one another is grounded in love and compassion. Practicing spirituality brings a sense of perspective, meaning and purpose to our lives.” – Brené Brown
- “Faith does not need to push the river because faith is able to trust that there is a river. The river is flowing. We are in it.” – Richard Rohr
- “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” – Hindu Proverb
- “What each of us believes in is up to us, but life is impossible without believing in something.” – Kentetsu Takamori
- “Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it.” – Wilfred Peterson
- “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Spirituality does two things for you. One, you are forced to become more selfless, two, you trust to providence. The opposite of a spiritual man is a materialist. If I was a materialist I would be making lots of money doing endorsements, doing cricket commentary. I have no interest in that.” – Imran Khan
- “When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Spirituality is not about being fixed; it is about God being present in the mess of our unfixedness.” – Michael Yaconelli
- “You do not need to work to become spiritual. You are spiritual; you need only to remember that fact. Spirit is within you. God is within you.” – Julia Cameron
- “At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “But no matter how much evil I see, I think it’s important for everyone to understand that there is much more light than darkness.” – Robert Uttaro
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
- “Human spirit is the ability to face the uncertainty of the future with curiosity and optimism. It is the belief that problems can be solved, differences resolved. It is a type of confidence. And it is fragile. It can be blackened by fear and superstition. By the year 2050, when the conflict began, the world had fallen upon fearful, superstitious times.” – Bernard Beckett
- “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Character can not be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the now the primary focus of your life.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The spiritual life is not a life before, after, or beyond our everyday existence. No, the spiritual life can only be real when it is lived in the midst of the pains and joys of the here and now.” – Henri Nouwen
- “Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul.” – Walt Whitman
- “Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.” – Stephen Richards
- “Part of spiritual and emotional maturity is recognizing that it’s not like you’re going to try to fix yourself and become a different person. You remain the same person, but you become awakened.” – Jack Kornfield
- “You are one thing only. You are a Divine Being. An all-powerful Creator. You are a Deity in jeans and a t-shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be and ever was.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “I choose gentleness… Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.” – Max Lucado
- “A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from.” – Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
- “The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.” – Alan Watts
- “The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he achieves inner tranquility.” – Swami Sivananda
“The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he achieves inner tranquility.” – Swami Sivananda
- “Realisation is not the acquisition of anything new nor is it a new faculty. It is only removal of all camouflage.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Relax into the moment and let the universe do the driving. If there was a secret to happiness in life, I’d say that was it.” – Jed McKenna
- “Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvelous work. It is fearlessness that brings Heaven even in a moment.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are – not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within – that you can begin to take control.” – Oprah Winfrey
Final Words on Spirituality
Finding your sense of purpose is not an easy thing to do, and sticking to your beliefs and standing your ground can be even more difficult. We hope that once you do find your purpose, you will be able to stick with it, and to surround yourself with people who support you.
We also hope that these spiritual quotes were able to help you clear your mind and adjust your perspective. Our aim is that, through them, you will be able to live a more meaningful and enriching life.
Looking for spiritual quotes that can awaken your thoughts and enrich your life? Check out our list and start to discover that sense of purpose you were always meant to find!