There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
When you're anticipating your next exam, the best thing you can do is to set yourself up for success. To do that, you need to make sure you have a positive mindset. That means having optimism that you'll do well on your test.
You'll also need to enter the exam room, ready to crush your exam. For that, you'll need self-confidence, including self-belief in your abilities and belief in your potential to succeed.
We think you'll agree that an excellent way to get into the frame of mind you need is with words of encouragement for a test taker.
Or, if you want to give a dose of positivity to someone else who will be taking a test, sharing a word or two of encouragement can boost their confidence and help them to succeed when they're feeling the stress of a test.
What Are Words of Encouragement?
In challenging times, such as facing a test, words of encouragement can make a positive difference in a test taker's performance.
Whether they are spoken or written, inspiring and uplifting words can motivate someone to be at their best, maybe even exceed their expectations of their abilities.
Words can carry a powerful energy, so, as you can imagine, positive words are critical in instilling determination and confidence when obstacles arise.
A thoughtful word, whether written on a card or quick note or provided in person, can provide reassurance, support, and comfort.
When preparing for a test, thinking back to someone's kind words can serve as a beacon of hope and empowerment to not just get through a test but to literally crush it.
59 Words of Encouragement for a Test Taker to Crush Their Exam
To help you or your favorite test taker ace their next exam, we've put together these 59 words of encouragement that will provide a boost of confidence and positivity just when you need it.
- You got this! So simple yet profound, this short phrase can be just the boost you need to increase your belief in your abilities.
- Stay calm and game on. While there are many positive “stay calm” phrases, this one reminds us that we should continue on our course and not let any distractions keep us from crushing obstacles in our path, including anxiety before a test.
- Each question is an opportunity to crush it. Look at each question on your test as your opportunity to shine and show off your abilities.
- You're prepared for the best of success. Think of all the preparation you've put into preparing for your upcoming test. Knowing you're well-prepared can give you the boost of confidence you need to succeed.
- That test has got nothing on you! Remember, you've taken tests before, and you've crushed them. This is another opportunity to do just that: crush it!
- Believe in your abilities. You've attended class, studied the course, and know the subject matter. Now it's time to demonstrate all the hard work you've put into it has paid off.
Believe in your abilities. You've attended class, studied the course, and know the subject matter. Now it's time to demonstrate all the hard work you've put into it has paid off.”
- Hard work pays off. You're prepared, and you know it. Be confident as you go to take your test that you've done all the prep you need to do well on your test.
- Focus, focus, focus. When you intentionally stay focused, you'll be focused.
- This is your time to shine! Know that you're ready and eagerly anticipating rather than dreading test day.
- Positive thinkers aren't stinkers. When you keep confident, positive thoughts top of mind, you don't have time for any stinkin' thinkin' that might bring you down and cause you to doubt yourself. Take our test and find out your positivity ratio.
- Your effort equals the level of your success. Use this phrase to encourage staying the course and studying well before the exam.
- No fear. Purposely walk into the room, ready to conquer the test, and you will.
- You are more than a test score. No matter what happens on the test, if you've prepared well and performed your best, you have no reason to feel less than you are.
- Feeling anxious? Take 3 deep breaths. This is good advice to remember when you're in the midst of a test and are struggling for an answer or beginning to feel anxiety. A few deep breaths can calm you and clear your mind.
- You've got what it takes to ace this test! This phrase can instill a belief in yourself that you'll need when taking a test to do your best.
- Success is just around the corner. Anticipate that you'll achieve a good test grade, and believe in yourself.
- Own the moment. Remember, you're in charge, not the test. It is simply a stepping stone toward the life you're creating for yourself. Own it.
- Jitters before a test are natural. Everyone gets a little nervous before test time. Know that this is a natural part of the process, and you're more prepared to ace the test than you feel.
Jitters before a test are natural. Everyone gets a little nervous before test time. Know that this is a natural part of the process, and you're more prepared to ace the test than you feel. “
- You're bright and ready to start. Know that you're well-prepared mentally and eagerly anticipate taking the test.
- Shine on! Each question on your test and the test itself is an opportunity for you to showcase your knowledge and abilities.
- Positive thinking wins the day! The best way to start off your exam day is by making sure your mindset is positive. You can do this by repeating positive mantras.
- Confidence is key. Go into your exam room with your head held high, your gaze sure, and your mind focused on winning the day.
- You're stronger than you think! Even if you feel doubt creeping into your thoughts as you begin your exam, know that you've got what it takes and find the strength within you to dispel the doubts.
- Think A+! Visualize your exam grade as the highest grade you can get.
- Tackle that test! Consider your test a challenge and take it down as if it were a player on an opposing team.
- Trust your process of learning. Once you've perfected your study habits and applied them, you're ready to crush your test. Trust the process.
- Strive for excellence! When you sit down to take your test, do your best and reach for the stars.
- You've got this test under control. Know that you know what you need to know to ace this test. Take control of your future.
- Keep on keeping on toward greatness. You're on a path that leads to greatness; focus and do well on the test.
- When you're stuck, move on! Particularly, if the test is timed, don't spend too much time on questions you're unsure of. Instead, complete all the ones that come easy to you, then go back and pick up the rest. It may be that the answer will present itself the second time around.
When you're stuck, move on! Particularly, if the test is timed, don't spend too much time on questions you're unsure of. Instead, complete all the ones that come easy to you, then go back and pick up the rest. It may be that the answer will present itself the second time around. “
- Knowledge is the power of crushing it. When you know the material on the test, you are equipped to ace the test.
- You're amazing! You've proven yourself in taking tests before; now's your chance to do it again.
- Your potential is limitless! You have the skills and the knowledge you need to succeed on the test; believe it.
- Great efforts yield great results! Reminding yourself that you've prepared well will help you believe in yourself when it's test taking time.
- Success is your destiny! Keep your eye on the goal: crushing the test. Look at each test question as a stepping stone to your ultimate goal.
- You have what you need to succeed! You've studied hard, and now you're ready.
- Time to show up and show out! Once the day for taking your test arrives, use these encouraging words to help you feel like this is your moment to shine.
- Stay calm. Keeping yourself in a reasonable frame of mind can help you feel peaceful inside and focused on moving through each question on the exam.
- You're brilliant! You've been here before and realized success. Now, realize that you're smart, intelligent, and ready for any questions you'll find on the test.
- You are strong and resilient! No matter what questions are on the test, let your inner strength help you face them confidently.
- Focus on your own abilities. Don't wonder about how others will fare on the test; only focus on what you bring into the exam arena.
- When the going gets tough, don't quit. No matter how difficult the questions seem, keep going until you reach the end.
When the going gets tough, don't quit. No matter how difficult the questions seem, keep going until you reach the end. Check out our article about positive affirmations that can help alleviate anxiety.”
- Believe it to achieve it! Doing well on your test starts before you read the first question. Believe you'll do well, and then do it.
- You can do anything you set your mind on. As you read these words, let them help you remember to focus on acing the test.
- Be present in the moment. Leave any distractions out of the classroom and take this moment to focus solely on the test and your test-taking skills.
- Believe in you! You have what it takes to succeed; allow this thought to establish trust in your skills and abilities.
- Shut down negativity before it starts. It's only natural to doubt yourself before a test. When that happens, counter each negative thought with a positive one.
- Eyes on the prize! Visualize your goal of crushing the exam.
- You are worthy of making outstanding accomplishments! With all the preparation you've made in anticipation of your test, realize that you deserve to succeed.
- Dream it and do it! Make taking the test a part of your dreams to succeed, and you will.
- Stay focused and take the time you need. If the test is not a timed test, carefully consider each question before attempting an answer, and you'll not make mistakes caused by rushing through too quickly.
- You're a smart cookie! Know that you have the mental skills and abilities to crush your test. No doubt!
- Believe in possibilities! See yourself in your mind's eye as successfully taking the test, believing that it's possible.
- Breathe slowly. Sometimes, when we get anxious, we take in short, shallow breaths. To keep the oxygen flowing optimally to your brain, breathe in slowly and deliberately.
Breathe slowly. Sometimes, when we get anxious, we take in short, shallow breaths. To keep the oxygen flowing optimally to your brain, breathe in slowly and deliberately.”
- Be patient with yourself. If you're having difficulty finding the answer to a tough question, give yourself a moment for the answer to come forth in your brain.
- It's okay to take an educated guess. If you're unsure of the answer, it's better to take an educated guess than to leave a blank space on your test. Muster up your confidence and go for it.
- Remember to prioritize! If your exam has weighted questions, answering the ones that give you the most points first should boost your confidence and give you a better outcome on your test score.
- Say no to uncertainty. When taking a test, there will be times you're uncertain of an answer. If that happens, remember how well you prepared for the test and remain confident in your abilities.
- Your aptitude determines your altitude. Know that your problem-solving skills in test taking will help you achieve the grade you want and go a long way to crushing your test.
Final Thoughts on Words of Encouragement for a Test Taker to Crush Their Exam
Remember that a test is simply a stepping stone on your path toward greater learning and success.
When you've put in the time and effort to prepare yourself, you've gone a long way toward acing the test. In the process, be sure to keep your mindset in check. After all, mindset is everything.
Taking the exam is your time to shine. Trust in your preparation process, believe in your abilities, and have confidence that you are ready.
Using encouraging words before and during your exam will set you up for success. If you begin to feel doubtful, it may help to say a prayer to help calm any stress.
When test day arrives, enter the room knowing “you've got this”! While a test score doesn't define who you are, knowing you're ready to give it your best goes a long way to reaching a high score.
Let the test be a testament to your dedication and resilience. And as you finish the final question, you can walk out with the confidence you've crushed it!
And if you want more positive words of encouragement, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 45 Words of Encouragement for a Parent of a Sick Child
- 115 Words of Encouragement for Comforting a Sick Person
- 65 Words of Encouragement to Inspire Your Son