There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Picture this – you’re struggling with a task at work, or trying out a new exercise routine, and someone just swans in and does it with little to no effort.
You can’t help but feel a twinge of envy. And, likely have to restrain your inner child who wants to shout out ‘Oh good for you!’ in the most sarcastic of tones.
We’ve all been there; it's woefully frustrating. But struggling, believe it or not, is part of the journey. It tests our determination and opens our eyes to what's really important.
And, these determination quotes will serve as a powerful reminder to keep pushing forward when things get tough (as well as, hopefully, keep your inner child from ranting at random people!)
There are times when giving up is absolutely the right thing to do. Giving up smoking, giving up on wild parties during the working week, or giving up on people who drag you down, but to name a few.
It's like setting yourself free from toxic habits and embracing a healthier lifestyle.
However, that doesn’t mean everything should fit into that throwaway box. Not everything should be written off just because it’s tough, or stressful.
Let's face it, you're going to hit obstacles in your life. You're going to feel deflated by the challenges ahead of you.
But, your dreams, aspirations, and well-being are worth pushing through for. They deserve nurturing, dedication, and determination.
And deep down, you know this. You’ve already conquered so many difficult situations, like getting through school, learning to drive, going on a plane, or having a child.
At the time you probably thought ‘How am I going to get through this?’ but you did. You were determined to see it through, to jump the hoops, and prove to yourself that you are incredible.
So yes, giving up has its time and place. But it's also important to recognize what truly matters and fight for it with all your passion and determination.
Embracing a new and improved version of yourself while holding onto your dreams and well-being is the ultimate win-win situation. And these determination quotes will provide the push you need to get through it.
Remember to celebrate every victory, big or small. And revel in the fact that no matter what life throws at you, you have the resilience and determination to overcome it all. The journey may be tough, but with the right mindset and a bucket load of determination, there's nothing you can't achieve!
So, let’s get started with these inspiring determination quotes.
- “A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
- “You are successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal.” – Charles Carlson
- “Action and Determination are two habits you must develop at the forefront of all Success.” – Machi Block
- “I believe success is achieved by ordinary people with extraordinary determination.”- Zig Ziglar
- “Whatever you do, do with determination. You have one life to live; do your work with passion and give your best. Whether you want to be a chef, doctor, actor, or a mother, be passionate to get the best result.” – Alia Bhatt
- “Imagine, dream, and believe in yourself. With determination and belief, you will be surprised at what you accomplish.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “The greatest waste in the world is the difference between what we are and what we could become.” – Ben Herbster
- “We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.” – Sonia Johnson
- “To make any kind of change, one has to have the will and determination to do it.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” – Ralph Marston
- “There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Feel proud of your achievements, no matter how small they are, and create or renew a spark of determination within yourself so that you continue to work hard.” – Amy Pendergrass
- “Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
- “Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.” – J. Donald Walters
Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.” – J. Donald Walters
- “Your courage, determination, creativity, stubbornness, work ethic and decision making will decide where you get.” – Amar Hasic
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
- “Rewarding yourself, helps to build rapport and give yourself that extra boost and determination to hit the next goal.” – James Fullerton
- “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Jesse Owens
- “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” – Barack Obama
- “Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.” – Henry vanDyke
- “When someone tells me “no,” it doesn't mean I can't do it, it simply means I can't do it with them.” – Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” – Ayrton Senna
- “We can achieve anything we desire if we give ourselves the time and the right resources to learn, but these are worthless without the focus and determination to be successful.” – Rosemary Peck
- “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” – Winston Churchill
- “Take passion and determination anywhere you go and we promise you, you’ll go far.” – Dorothea Jackson
- “Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
- “If you try anything, if you try to lose weight, or to improve yourself, or to love, or to make the world a better place, you have already achieved something wonderful, before you even begin. Forget failure. If things don't work out the way you want, hold your head up high and be proud. And try again. And again. And again!” – Sarah Dessen
- “Many things catch your fancy but true, lasting, career oriented success can only come if you are willing to combine that passion of choice with hard work and determination.” – K. Elizabeth
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Stay focused and stay determined. Don't look to anyone else to be your determination – have self-determination. It will take you very far.” – Justice Smith
- “Find what you love to do, and go do it. You will never be successful until you have a plan, and the discipline and determination to go through with that plan.” – Julius Williams
- “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” – Edward Everett Hale
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “When we persist through determination with a positive mind-set then in time our results will prove to be the mirror image of the dreams we once arose from to reach our greatness.” – Paul Odafe Akpomukai
- “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” – Harry S Truman
- “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” – Langston Hughes
- “The truth is that through sheer will and determination, these people transformed their visions into realities. Nothing was handed to them, and, more importantly, they never gave up.” – Jason Navallo
- “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “If we attack our problems with determination we shall succeed.” – Franklin Roosevelt
- “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.” – Dr Roopleen
- “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it's enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” – Richelle E
- “Remember anything you start doing, it will take time, practice, and determination to become better organized. Just by making small incremental changes, day by day, can have a lasting impact on your future.” – Curt Hinson
- “Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
- “It takes determination to see a dream come to pass. The question is not will you start, but will you finish.” – Joel Osteen
- “Replace the words, If Only, with, I Will.”“ – Catherine Pulsifer
- “I, on the other hand, was a little-known night-club singer, who was said to have more determination than talent.” – Maya Angelou
I, on the other hand, was a little-known night-club singer, who was said to have more determination than talent.” – Maya Angelou
- “Determination, energy, and courage appear spontaneously when we care deeply about something. We take risks that are unimaginable in any other context.” – Margaret J. Wheatley
- “The winner doesn’t lose hope, he perseveres . . . he keeps going until he works things out . . . he finds other viable solutions.” – Dr. Irene Kassorla
- “Working hard, being patient and being full of determination is perhaps the most fulfilling way of becoming rich.” – Robert Gardner
- “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
- “Perseverance was forged in the fires of your own determination. Its powers are activated when we ignore the negativity and keep working towards our goals.” – Jake Smith
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
- “Just remember that a mountain is not taken down in one big scoop but is done by taking one small chuck away at time.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “People with a strong will power will always have the bigger picture in mind. They will be able to forgo small pleasures in order to help attain bigger goals.” – Brian Adams
- “Amongst the qualities a hero should have, I would include determination, loyalty, courage, perseverance, patience, focus, intrepidity and selflessness.” – Ricky Martin
- “A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.” – Vince Lombardi
- “A determined person will do more with a pen and paper, than a lazy person will accomplish with a personal computer.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” – Les Brown
- “It is your determination and persistence that will make you a successful person.” – Kenneth J Hutchins
- “No matter the number of times you fail you must be determined to succeed. You must not lose hope. Don’t stop in your storm.” – Tony Narams
- “Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.” – Denis Waitley
- “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
- “PERSIST. Because with an idea, determination, and the right tools, you can do great things.” – Unknown
PERSIST. Because with an idea, determination, and the right tools, you can do great things.” – Unknown
- “I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.” – Gale Sayers
- “What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.” – Patty Berg
- “I ran and ran and ran every day, and I acquired this sense of determination, this sense of spirit that I would never, never give up, no matter what else happened.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “Determination is the wake-up call to the human will.” – Anthony Robbins
- “I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.” – Charles Dickens
- “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Unknown
- “Ambition is more than mere desire. It is desire plus incentive – determination – will to achieve the desire.” – Herbert Armstrong
- “Time can be an ally or an enemy. What it becomes depends entirely upon you, your goals, and your determination to use every available minute.” – Zig Ziglar
- “I could have given up a long time ago, but I never did. I truly believe that determination is the key to success in anything.” – Elissa Montanti
- “Determination is only available to those who persevere and have the attitude of never giving up just because one thing did not work.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Horace Lorimer
Final Thoughts on Determination Quotes
No one can do everything perfectly, the first time, every time. Sure, there will be moments when you’ll be naturally talented, or find you can wing it with the best of them.
But for the most, you’ll need determination to succeed. You’ll need to dig deep and find the grit to keep going. And you’ll need to draw courage from those around you.
Life is tough. But it’s also amazing. So go and give it your all.
And for more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 63 Flowers Quotes to Make You Bloom with Happiness
- 7 Ways to Overcome the “People are Better Than Me” Mentality
- 87 Stress and Tired Quotes When You’re Feeling Exhausted
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.