There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
When was the last time you laughed? Not just smirked at someone’s bad joke or grinned whilst snorting at the TV. But proper, deep to your belly laughed?
The kind that makes your jaw ache and the tears roll down your cheeks. A laugh that roars through the house and invites those around you to join in.
Maybe, even the thought of it brings a smile to your face.
Let’s face it – we all need more of that kind of laughter. The kind that uplifts our spirits and brings some much-needed lightness to our day.
So embrace those moments and these laughter quotes. Laugh freely. It's a beautiful thing to experience. And, of course, share with others.
There is, by far, too much sadness in the world. Too much regret, and brokenheartedness. And too much suffering felt across the globe.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the weight of it all. The constant barrage of social media updates, news reports, and even conversations with colleagues or friends is hard to ignore.
However, amidst all of this, there's something that can never be in excess – laughter.
Laughter has the remarkable ability to heal, uplift, and connect us with one another. It has the power to bridge the gaps that sorrow creates. And bring a genuine sense of warmth and joy into our lives.
Yet, laughter isn’t shared as freely as it should be. There's a real shortage of heartfelt moments. And it's tragic, given that they have the power to truly brighten someone's day.
We could, and should, all make more time to recognize the immense value of laughter. And to go out of our way to find opportunities to spread it.
Whether it's through sharing a joke, watching our favorite sitcom on TV, or sharing funny memes on our social media accounts, let's make a conscious effort to bring more laughter into the world.
Let's create a ripple effect of happiness and positivity that can outweigh the overwhelming sadness. Let's embrace the contagious nature of laughter. And let it light up our lives and the lives of those around us.
Together, we can ensure that there will never be too much happiness in the world. And these laughter quotes are a great example of exactly that.
- “Laughter heals all wounds, and that’s one thing that everybody shares. No matter what you’re going through, it makes you forget about your problems. I think the world should keep laughing.” – Kevin Hart
- “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – e. e. Cummings
- “Of all days, the day on which one has not laughed is the one most surely wasted.” – Sebastien Roch
- “Laughter is a bodily exercise, precious to health.” – Aristotle
- “I think laughter is the best medicine. If you can’t laugh at yourself, then you can’t laugh at life and the silliness of it all.” – David Hasselhoff
- “I try to find a reason to laugh each day. Somehow, if you can incorporate laughter into your day, every day, it really helps. It’s the little things in life that make me happy.” – Faith Hill
I try to find a reason to laugh each day. Somehow, if you can incorporate laughter into your day, every day, it really helps. It’s the little things in life that make me happy.” – Faith Hill
- “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” – Khalil Gibran
- “We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh.” – William James
- “A good laugh is a mighty good thing, a rather too scarce a good thing.” – Herman Melville
- “It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.” – Wayne Dyer
- “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.” – William Thackeray
- “The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.” – Bennett Cerf
- “A good laugh heals a lot of hurts.” – Madeleine L’Engle
- “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” – Phyllis Diller
- “They laughed much harder than the memory was funny because it felt good to laugh.” – Shannon Hale
- “Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.” – Bob Newhart
- “Laughter is the key to youth.” – Karen Madewell
- “A well-balanced person is one who finds both sides of an issue laughable.” – Herbert Procknow
- “Laughter is important, not only because it makes us happy, it also has actual health benefits. And that’s because laughter completely engages the body and releases the mind. It connects us to others, and that in itself has a healing effect.” – Marlo Thomas
Laughter is important, not only because it makes us happy, it also has actual health benefits. And that’s because laughter completely engages the body and releases the mind. It connects us to others, and that in itself has a healing effect.” – Marlo Thomas
- “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” – Victor Hugo
- “Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection.” – Jakob Smirnoff
- “Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.” – Joan Lunden
- “Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.” – W. H. Auden
- “Laughter, at least for a while, makes you forget your troubles.” – Remez Sasson
- “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” – Mark Twain
- “I live a very joyful life, with a lot of laughter and good times.” – Kimberly Elise
- “An optimist laughs to forget; a pessimist forgets to laugh.” – Tom Nansbury
- “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “Laughter is the greatest weapon we have and we, as humans, use it the least.” – Mark Twain
- “As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul.” – A Jewish Proverb
- “A wonderful thing about true laughter is that it just destroys any kind of system of dividing people.” – John Cleese
- “There is little success where there is little laughter.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.” – Jean Houston
At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.” – Jean Houston
- “If you don’t learn to laugh at trouble, you won’t have anything to laugh at when you’re old.” – Edgar Watson Howe
- “All you need in the world is love and laughter. That's all anybody needs. To have love in one hand and laughter in the other.” – August Wilson
- “Laughter is the corrective force which prevents us from becoming cranks.” – Henri Bergson
- “I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.” – Woody Allen
- “I found that laughter was a form of acceptance, and I really enjoyed that and I just – I crave it.” – Gabriel Iglesias
- “Humor is laughing at what you haven’t got when you ought to have it.” – James Langston Hughes
- “A good time to laugh is any time you can.” – Linda Ellerbee
- “You cannot be mad at somebody who makes you laugh – it’s as simple as that.” – Jay Leno
- “Your body cannot heal without play. Your mind cannot heal without laughter. Your soul cannot heal without joy.” – Catherine Rippenger Fenwick
- “You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.” – Stephen King
- “I have not seen anyone dying of laughter, but I know millions who are dying because they are not laughing.” – Dr. Madan Kataria
- “A person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.” – Shirley MacClain
- “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
- “Laughter is one of the best medicines around for relieving stress and for creating a more healthy spirit. And, one of the greatest aspects is that it is totally free and can be done by anyone.” – Byron Pulsifer
Laughter is one of the best medicines around for relieving stress and for creating a more healthy spirit. And, one of the greatest aspects is that it is totally free and can be done by anyone.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “Trouble knocked at the door, but, hearing laughter, hurried away.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “To me there is no picture so beautiful as smiling, bright-eyed, happy children; no music so sweet as their clear and ringing laughter.” – P. T. Barnum
- “Laughter is therapy for physical pain, emotional pain, and the everyday pain of life.” – Terri Guillemets
- “A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around.” – Carolyn Birmingham
- “Laughter is an instant vacation.” – Milton Berle
- “There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.” – Charles Dickens
- “From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Laughter makes anger, stress and worries go away, and lets happiness and a good mood fill you.” – Remez Sasson
- “Laughter is a form of internal jogging. It moves your internal organs around. It enhances respiration. It is an igniter of great expectations.” – Norman Cousins
- “Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.” – Arnold H. Glasow
- “Life is worth living as long as there’s a laugh in it.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “And keep a sense of humor. It doesn’t mean you have to tell jokes. If you can’t think of anything else, when you’re my age, take off your clothes and walk in front of a mirror. I guarantee you’ll get a laugh.” – Art Linkletter
Final Thoughts on Laughter Quotes
Laughter truly is the best medicine. It has the power to uplift our spirits, connect us with others, and bring a sense of lightness to any situation.
It's a universal language that breaks through cultural and language barriers. And it has the remarkable ability to bring warmth and happiness to every heart.
So, let's make room for laughter in our lives. And allow it to be the remedy that connects us and brings warmth to our hearts.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 63 Flowers Quotes to Make You Bloom with Happiness
- 87 Stress and Tired Quotes When You’re Feeling Exhausted
- 145 Thank You Quotes to Show Gratitude & Appreciation
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.