There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
We all know how important a good night’s sleep is, but in the hustle and bustle of going about your day, prioritizing that you’re getting enough rest can be a difficult task. As you rush to cross off all the urgent things on your to-do list, the time you need to recharge takes the brunt of it.
Luckily, sleep problems don’t have to last forever, and if you’re searching for a way to soothe your mind and body, we have just the thing! Say goodbye to restless nights by making affirmations for sleep, the main part of your bedtime routine.
If you’ve been struggling to get a good night’s sleep, you’re not the only one. The Recovery Village reports that almost 70 million Americans suffer from one form of a sleep disorder, with insomnia being the most common.
The pace of the modern world is picking up daily, and you find yourself forced to deprioritize well-deserved rest and relaxation over keeping up with numerous obligations. Sleep disturbances have a grave outcome on both physical and mental health, making you vulnerable to diseases, mood swings, memory trouble, and so on.
Sleep affirmations are short phrases or statements which help put you in a good mood. They’ll ease your mind and drown out the worry and stress. They clear up the fog of negative thinking and get you ready to sink into sleep. And they don’t only affect the quality of your sleep. When you focus on the good before shutting your lids, you’ll be in high spirits the following day. Getting good sleep leaves you well-rested and energized when you wake up, and you’ll be more determined to make the best out of the day ahead.
Sleep shouldn’t feel like a luxury you can’t afford, and when you slip between the sheets, you deserve to feel good. Sleep affirmations are a great reminder that problems and worries are fleeting. They’re bound to pop up, but you shouldn’t lose your head over them. Make sure you have worry-free dreams with the following affirmations.
- I fall asleep quickly and easily.
- I choose to have peaceful dreams.
- I allow myself to feel good.
- I release the things that cause me stress and anxiety.
- I am safe, and everything is working out in my favor.
- I release all fear and anxiety. Nothing is holding me back.
- My body is strong and healthy and deserves to rest.
- I am at peace with my entire life.
- I always make time to take care of myself.
- My dreams are full of love and blessings.
- Today is over. Tomorrow will be better.
- I listen to my body and know when it’s time to slow down and heal.
- I am excited to have a wonderful morning.
- The mistakes of today prepare me for the challenges of tomorrow.
- I will sleep well and wake up ready to achieve my full potential.
- I am doing my best and deserve to recharge.
- I prioritize taking care of my body and mind.
- I deserve to take a break and listen to my body.
- I invite peaceful and happy thoughts into my dreams.
- I refuse to let worry disturb my peace.
- I deserve to feel good at the end of the day.
- I am relaxed and ready for a night of deep sleep.
- I release the struggles of today and welcome the adventures of tomorrow.
- I prioritize being happy above everything else.
- I release tension and welcome tranquility.
- Peaceful sleep comes easy to me.
- I am working on making all of my dreams come true.
- I’m in complete control of my thoughts and feelings.
- Good things are coming my way.
- I deserve to slow down and enjoy my evening.
- I am ready to have a night of rest and healing.
- With every breath, I become sleepier and calmer.
With every breath, I become sleepier and calmer.”
- I’m happy with the progress I’ve made today.
- I am blessed with deep and peaceful sleep.
- I am ready to have a fresh start.
- I am content and peaceful as I close my eyes.
- I am happy with everything I’ve achieved today.
- The decisions of today bring me closer to my dream life.
- I will wake up more persistent and driven.
- I allow serene energy to wash over me.
- My body deserves rest and respect.
- I have the skills and qualities to make tomorrow amazing.
- I am falling asleep with a clear mind and a full heart.
- I appreciate the lessons today has taught me.
- I can have a worry-free sleep, knowing that tomorrow will be a beautiful day.
- I trust in my skills and abilities to make good things happen.
- I wake up ready to follow my dreams with strength and determination.
- My dreams unlock doors to new opportunities.
- I fall asleep, knowing everything is in order.
- My dreams are overflowing with peace and happiness.
- I will wake up well-rested and ready to make the most of the new day.
- I sleep peacefully, knowing that I have done my best today.
- I allow myself to rest to have the energy to grow into a better person.
- I go to bed feeling happy and proud of everything I have accomplished today.
- I allow deep sleep to make my body and mind stronger.
- I release all worries and focus on having a night of peaceful sleep.
- I go to bed calm and peaceful, ready to have joyful dreams.
- I have the potential to make tomorrow morning an opportunity for change and growth.
- I look forward to having a good night’s sleep to cleanse my mind of negative thoughts.
- Sleep invites positive energy into my life.
How to Use Affirmations For Sleep
Sleep affirmations won’t reinforce positive thinking unless you let them. When you choose to repeat a few affirmations which speak to you and your current situation, you’re more likely to focus on the things which serve you best. To feel reassured that everything is falling into place, try decluttering your bedroom before hopping into bed.
A cluttered space creates a cluttered mindset. To prevent your mind from going in a dark direction, limit distractions. Power down your laptop and switch off your phone notifications. Work emails and personal messages can wait until the following morning. Nothing should come before your good night’s rest. Because people tend to work out pressing issues in their sleep, it’s essential to create the right headspace.
For positive affirmations to bring real and long-lasting change to your life, it’s best to use them to build a system of healthy habits. Set a bedtime for yourself so that your body knows when it’s time to relax. Dim the lights, turn off your technology, slip into comfy clothes and allow the sleep affirmations to calm your body and mind.
Don’t forget that good things take time. If you’ve just now started using positive affirmations to improve your sleep pattern, you shouldn’t expect them to work wonders overnight.
There’s no right or wrong way of using them. It’s all about paying attention to what you need the most and establishing a nighttime routine that works for you. You can even try switching up the affirmations every few nights. Depending on your needs, some may suit you better than others.
Take steps to call up positive emotions. When you tie affirmations to feelings of happiness and gratitude, you’re more likely to believe in your power to manifest a reality you’re proud of. So draw a bath for yourself and set aside a couple of minutes to go through the things that bring you joy.
Keep in mind you’re not only healing the way you sleep but improving the outlook you have on your entire life too. So give positive habits a chance to take place and continue putting yourself first.
Final Thoughts on Affirmations for Sleep
Caring for your well-being can get lost in the shuffle between work obligations and personal errands. Affirmations for sleep ensure that you’re getting all the benefits of a good shut-eye while encouraging your mind to deal with upcoming challenges in a calm, confident, and optimistic manner.
If you’re interested in using affirmations to grow into the best version of yourself, you might want to check out our six-step process for using affirmations. Quality sleep and a full life shouldn’t feel unachievable, and we want you to have all the tools for unlocking the power of positive thinking.
And if you want more encouraging affirmations, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 75 Healing Affirmations for Your Mind, Body, and Soul
- 25 Happiness Affirmations for Daily Positive Thinking
- 107 Positive Affirmations for Success in Life
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.