There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
The last few years haven’t been easy for any of us. Yet, with all the uncertainty in the world today, it’s essential to try and ground yourself. A great way of doing so is by repeating positive affirmations.
While repeating these short phrases may seem odd at first, it activates the reward and pleasure centers of the brain. So here, we’ll look at 100 “I Am” affirmations for a more positive 2022.
(Side note: Want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations? Check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.)
What You Will Learn
Why ‘I Am’ Affirmations Are Important for a Positive 2022
The world can be an overwhelming place. You turn on the news, and you’re bombarded with stories of fear, war, and negativity. It’s enough to make anyone feel disheartened. According to the CDC, US depression rates have tripled since the start of the pandemic.
Even before 2020, the rise of social media had a profound effect on the mental health of younger generations. Unfortunately, it turns out that the desire for instant gratification we’re subjected to through social media apps is only adding to the problem. We’ve been getting our dopamine hits from “likes” and comments instead of from within ourselves.
With so many things out of our control, we must focus on what we can control – like our own thoughts. There’s a quote: “Accept the things you can’t change and change the things you can’t accept.” Take a minute to let that really sink in. Essentially, it’s saying that the power is in your hands to alter how you perceive life.
Affirmations are positive statements of truth and love to encourage you to live a more balanced life. By practicing positive affirmations daily, you have the power to create the life that you want while keeping yourself grounded.
Sure, repeating these phrases to yourself may seem a little weird. But trust me, it pays off in the run. In particular, “I am” affirmations are essential for developing a sense of self-awareness and self-love. In the words of Ru Paul, “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love someone else?” Moreover, in an increasingly divided world, being at peace with yourself is a vital attribute.
If you’re skeptical of the process, there’s no harm in giving it a try to see if it works for you.
The good news is that well-established psychological theory has confirmed the power of positive affirmations and their effect. A study published in the Journal of Social Cognitive and Effective Neuroscience concluded that positive affirmations activate brain systems associated with self-processing and reward. That’s right. Affirmations are backed by science. In the same way a like on Instagram affects your neural pathways, so does practicing positive affirmations. The critical difference is that practicing affirmations has a longer positive effect than getting a “like” on a social media post.
Incorporating positive affirmations in your everyday life lets you take a step back from the harshness of modern society and focus on what you can control.
100 ‘I Am’ Affirmations For a Positive 2022
“I am” affirmations are enlightening statements that can help you shift how you perceive and approach your reality. By repeating these phrases to yourself daily, you can alter how you experience your everyday life. By opening your mind to a new perspective, you will be able to take on otherwise menial tasks with a fresh outlook.
Now that we’ve gone over what “I Am” affirmations are, let’s look at some examples. Below is a list of affirmations to start your journey of self-acceptance, love, and positivity for 2022.
- I am more than enough.
- I am in complete control of my thoughts.
- I am solely responsible for making intelligent decisions to drive success in my personal life.
- I am a unique and special child of this universe.
- I am always in the right place at the right time.
- I am fully capable of success.
- I am worthy of love and appreciation.
- I can forgive myself for past mistakes.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I am surrounded by so much love.
- I am responsible for the energy I put out into the world.
- I am capable of attracting abundance daily.
- I am grateful for what I do have in my life.
- I am confident in myself and my ability to manifest a better life.
- I am determined to attract happiness into my life.
- I am stronger than I appear.
- I am a humble individual.
- I can let go of negative patterns.
- I can be present in life.
- I am committed to putting positive energy into the world.
- I am blessed to have a family that loves me.
- I am determined to be my healthiest self in mind, body, and spirit.
- I am grateful to be alive.
- I am ready to explore all my passions.
- I am aligned to my higher purpose.
- I am vibrant in both spirit and mind.
- I am attuned to the flow of the universe.
- I can provide my body with all it needs to be healthy.
- I am fully responsible for my own happiness.
- I am content with the relationships I have in my life.
- I can understand opposing perspectives.
- I am grateful for each opportunity that comes my way.
- I am a leader and will use my influence to inspire positivity.
- I am attracting money and wealth into my life.
- I am constantly expanding my belief in what is possible.
- I am capable of achieving my goals with determination.
- I am ready for all that is to come.
- I am daring to be different and unapologetically myself.
- I am self-assured.
- I am proud of my life choices.
- I am proud of the person I am becoming.
- I am striving to be a better person every day.
- I am a good role model to younger generations.
- I am going to put some good into the world today.
- I am open to letting love enter my life.
- I am worthy of receiving love.
- I am practicing self-love each day.
- I can step back from difficult situations.
- I am ever-evolving and constantly learning.
- I can find comfort in my own skin.
- I am free to grow at my own pace.
- I am perfect, just the way I am.
- I am in control of my actions.
- I am giving myself the love I deserve to have.
- I am committed to taking my needs seriously.
- I am listening to my gut.
- I am letting my body heal.
- I can forgive myself and others.
- I can release all negative energy that hurts me.
- I am going to treat everyone the way I want to be treated.
- I can trust the journey ahead.
- I am taking each day as it comes.
- I am grateful for my immune system’s ability to heal.
- I am grateful for my body.
- I am observing my emotions without attaching myself to them.
- I am sending love and light to all beings on the earth, even those that have done me wrong.
- I am grateful for the air in my lungs.
- I am a powerful manifester.
- I can see the opportunities that come my way.
- I am attracting the perfect career.
- I am influential in my field of work or study.
- I am prepared for all that is to come.
- I am aware that my success has no limits.
- I am open to all new experiences.
- I am putting my health first.
- I am complete on my own.
- I can say no.
- I am accountable for my own actions.
- I can see that everything happens for a reason.
- I am trusting of my abilities.
- I am striving to be the best version of myself.
- I am at peace with my imperfections.
- I can change what I can’t accept and accept what I can’t change.
- I can stand for what I believe in.
- I am a reflection of my highest self.
- I am beautiful both inside and out.
- I am not going to compare myself to others.
- I am choosing to not let anger control me.
- I am doing my best.
- I can see the glass half full.
- I am the pilot of my own life.
- I can be introspective.
- I am tending to my needs.
- I am a positive influence.
- I am not defined by my worst decisions.
- I am worthy of success.
- I am my own best friend.
- I am practicing compassion each day.
- I am not going to judge myself.
- I am inhaling positive energy and exhaling negativity.
How to Use ‘I Am’ Affirmations for a Positive 2022
Reading affirmations daily encourages you to create a new and improved reality. “I am” affirmations have a way of making each statement extremely personal. For instance, you make a powerful and assertive declaration by saying “I am,” followed by a positive sentence. You are asserting that the statement is true. By repeating it over and over again, you are more likely to start believing the words. In doing so, you’re more likely to adjust your life accordingly.
It may feel a little weird telling yourself how great you are. But, ultimately, the more you repeat these statements, the more you can alter your thought pattern. In the process, you will be able to view life through a more positive lens. Once you master the power of positive affirmations, the world becomes your oyster.
Ultimately, your choice to integrate affirmations into your life depends on your individual preferences. Some people like standing in front of a mirror and saying them aloud. Others use affirmations in their life by writing them down on sticky notes and placing them in various places around their homes. You can also pick a daily affirmation and set it as your phone background as a reminder.
A great tip for using affirmations in your life is to visualize them clearly in your head. For instance, if your affirmation relates to living a healthier lifestyle, it’s worth creating an image of your goal in your mind. Then, picture what you want your end result to look like and say your affirmation out loud, knowing that you will achieve your goal.
Combining visualization and affirmations will help speed up entering this new and improved reality. But however you go about it, the important thing is that the words you focus on are processed internally.
Final Thoughts on ‘I Am’ Affirmations for a Positive 2022
The above affirmations are just some examples of how you can bring positivity back into your life. As the poet George Herbert once said, “Good words are worth much and cost little.” So perhaps if everyone decided to be a little kinder to themselves, the knock-on effect would point us in the right direction towards a better future. We hope these 100 I am affirmations for a positive 2022 have given you a brighter perspective. If you’re unsure how to proceed, you can look at our guide.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.