There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Many of the negative experiences we encounter in life result from the negative energies in our thoughts.
Releasing those negative thoughts creates space for positive energies to enter and transform our lives. However, letting go of a negative mindset can be incredibly difficult.
“I release” affirmations are a powerful way to let go of the negative thinking and energies that hold you back. This allows you to move forward to release your true potential.
Why ‘I Release’ Affirmations are Important for Letting Go of Negative Thinking
Everyone has heard of the power of positive thinking, but negative thinking has just as much power to shape your life and experiences.
Negative thinking is linked to depression, anxiety, and chronic worry, and it can become a habit. We can get stuck dwelling on negative thoughts, unconsciously shaping our neural pathways and perpetuating the very situations we want to change.
It can seem impossible to shift to a positive mindset for many people stuck with repetitive negative thoughts.
Instead, it can be helpful to use “I release” affirmations to first let go of negative thoughts, allowing yourself to move past them and creating space for a more positive mindset. If you cannot believe in or clearly visualize positive thoughts and manifest them in your life, begin by using “I release” affirmations to let go of negative thinking.
70 ‘I Release’ Affirmations for Letting Go of Negative Thinking
- I exhale all my worries and release them from my thoughts.
- I release my negative feelings and let them go.
- I am free from my negative thoughts.
- I let go of negative memories because the past does not determine my future.
- I clear myself of negative thoughts.
- I am free from the thoughts that hold me back.
- I am liberated from my negative thoughts.
- I release everything in my life that blocks my growth.
- I leave behind the things that keep me from my dreams.
- I let go of dark memories and hold on to positive ones.
- I am not restrained by my thoughts.
- I choose to release everything that binds me.
- I breathe freely and openly.
- I release all my past regrets.
- I embrace the present moment.
- I let go of negative thoughts.
- I think about problems in many different ways.
- Letting go of negative thinking brings peace.
- Positive thinking is more useful than negative thinking.
- I let go of negative feelings.
- I am in charge of my thoughts.
- I am free to make changes in my life.
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- I choose to change the way I think.
- I can’t be bothered with negative thinking.
- Letting go of negative thinking brings success.
- Letting go of negative thinking brings new possibilities.
- Negative thinking wastes my time.
- There are many good things in my life, and I focus my thoughts on them.
- My mood improves when I think positively.
- I am calmer when I think positively.
- I solve problems when I think positively.
- My life improves when I think positively.
- I’m learning to think in a healthier, more productive way.
- Every day I think more positively.
- I can change my thinking for the better.
- Today I choose to be happy.
- I am changing my thoughts from negative to positive.
I am changing my thoughts from negative to positive.”
- I am capable of solving all my problems.
- My positive thinking is powerful.
- Thinking positively creates new options and ideas.
- I see a life full of opportunities ahead of me.
- I choose to remain positive.
- I direct my thoughts toward positive things.
- My thoughts and actions are positive ones.
- I am capable of changing my thoughts.
- I release anxiety and worry.
- I release any fear of mistakes and imperfection.
- I let go of the expectations of others.
- I am free from the need to control other people.
- I am liberated from other people’s ideas of success.
- I release all the things that are blocking my growth.
- I set free the pains and problems of the past and embrace a new future.
- I freely choose my own goals and ambitions.
- I am moving forward every day.
- I untie myself from past relationships and obligations.
- I embrace the present moment.
- I am free from distractions and focused on my goals.
- I completely accept myself as I am right now.
- I trust in my ability to create a positive future.
- I leave behind the cares and burdens of the past.
- I release old pain and anger.
- I let go of all the things I cannot control.
- I am free from resentment.
- I am liberated and powerful.
- I lovingly release everything that has hurt me in the past, thankful for the lessons I have learned.
- I set myself free.
- I relinquish shame and anger and embrace love and compassion.
- I accept and love myself and others exactly as they are right now.
- I give up my old ways of thinking and choose positive thoughts.
How to Use ‘I Release’ Affirmations for Letting Go of Negative Thinking
“I release” affirmations are a powerful way to let go of negative thoughts and re-program your mind. Many of us are trapped by old, negative thoughts and beliefs that prevent us from creating a new reality for ourselves and positively changing our lives.
However, “I release” affirmations should be used cautiously. As you think of the specific emotions, situations, and limiting beliefs you want to release, you may unconsciously dwell on these negative thoughts, giving them your energy, and making them stronger instead of weaker. Here is how to use “I release” affirmations:
You should give more time, energy, and focus to your positive affirmations instead of releasing affirmations.
An “I release” affirmation may often be negative, naming the very thoughts, feelings, and beliefs you wish to release.
While letting go of these things is essential, it is equally important to replace them with positive thoughts and beliefs and spend your physical, mental, and emotional energy on the positive mindset you are creating.
Final Thoughts on ‘I Release’ Affirmations for Letting Go of Negative Thinking
Letting go of negative thinking can be essential in creating a more positive, productive, and happier life.
But remember that the end goal is to release these feelings and beliefs, replacing them with better, more positive, more useful thoughts. So use “I release” affirmations for only as long as they are helpful for you, and then turn your energy toward the positive affirmations you will choose to replace your negative thoughts.
Affirmations are a powerful, effective way to take control of your thoughts and create a new, better life for yourself, and letting go of everything that holds you back is an essential first step.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.