There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
No one who has been successful has gone through life without getting frustrated.
Did you think Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs had it easy?
Frustration is an inevitable part of success. When you are passionate about something and you fail for the first time, there’s nothing more motivating than the feeling of frustration you get.
There is no shortcut to success. You have to work hard and overcome challenges, but the feeling of reaching a goal is worth it.
In this post, we share with you 35 frustration quotes that you can use to motivate yourself when things go wrong. These quotes are from successful people who, like you, have hit rock bottom more often than you can imagine.
But before we get to our list, let’s discuss a few more reasons why you need to read these frustration quotes.
Why Read Frustration Quotes?
We are presenting these quotes because we believe that they will help motivate you to face the inevitable frustrations that life will through at you. These quotes can serve as tools to help you keep going, even in the face of life’s uncertainties.
We also want you to realize that you are not alone. We all may face different battles each day, but ultimately we are all fighting similar battles. Whenever you feel like things are too much to handle, just remember that many people have come before you were able to survive. They felt frustrated, just like you, but they persevered.
Now that we have established why reading these quotes can help motivate you, let’s check them out!
- “Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” – Sumner Redstone
- “Frustration is a very positive sign. It means that the solution to your problem is within range, but what you're currently doing isn't working, and you need to change your approach in order to achieve your goal.” – Anthony Robbins
- “Frustration is the nagging feeling that tells us we are not listening or following our intuition.” – J.R. Incer
- “The torment of human frustration, whatever its immediate cause, is the knowledge that the self is in prison, its vital force and ”mangled mind” leaking away in lonely, wasteful self-conflict.” – Elizabeth Drew
- “Frustration is the fuel that can lead to the development of an innovative and useful idea.” – Marley Dias
- “The action carries a sense of incompleteness and frustration, but not of guilt. Victorious living does not mean perfect living in the sense of living without flaw, but it does mean adequate living, and that can be consistent with many mistakes.” – E. Stanley Jones
- “Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success.” – Bo Bennett
- “Trying to please everyone is a recipe for stress, misery, and frustration. Be yourself. It’ll be good to know who’s down with that.” – Anonymous
- “You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” – Ralph Marston
- “Explain your anger instead of expressing it, and you’ll find solutions instead of arguments.” – Anonymous
- “Things never go the way you expect them to. That's both the joy and frustration in life. I'm finding as I get older that I don't mind, though. It's the surprises that tickle me the most, the things you don't see coming.” – Michael Stuhlbarg
- “In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
- “Life is not an easy matter. You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.” – Leon Trotsky
- “I've come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” – Anthony Robbins
“I've come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” – Anthony Robbins
- “People need trouble – a little frustration to sharpen the spirit on, toughen it.” – William Faulkner
- “It is okay of airing out your frustration, just don’t dwell on them. Find out the cause and find a solution of getting rid of it. If you can’t have the solution much as well accept it.” – Ann Marie Aguilar
- “Of course everyone has those moments of frustration now and then, when you say, ‘I wish I could play well already – or just stop.' But it's too much trouble to stop just for a moment of frustration. It is when you keep going that you make the most progress.” – Hilary Hahn
- “Realize that if you have time to whine and complain about something, then you have the time to do something about it.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.” – T.F. Hodge
- “You’re frustrated because you keep waiting for the blooming of flowers of which you have yet to sow the seeds.” – Steve Maraboli
- “It’s a lack of clarity that creates chaos and frustration. Those emotions are poison to any living goal.” – Steve Maraboli
- “If you so choose, every mistake can lead to greater understanding and effectiveness. If you so choose, every frustration can help you to be more patient and more persistent.” – Ralph Marston
- “It is okay of airing out your frustration, just don't dwell on them. Find out the cause and find a solution of getting rid of it. If you can't have the solution much as well accept it.” – Ann Marie Aguilar
- “No matter what type of anger or frustration we have to struggle with, a clear picture of how our faith in God is the answer to anything we need to overcome.” – Carol Graham
- “Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh since there is less cleaning do to do afterward.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “Looking back at the times where I allowed my work to create stress and frustration in my life, I now realize what I thought was important really was not. I am not saying you should not take your work seriously, what I am saying is that we need to realize that life is all about balance.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “I feel like you get more bees with honey. But that doesn’t mean I don’t get frustrated in my life. My way of dealing with frustration is to shut down and to think and speak logically.” – Beyonce Knowles
- “All successful people learn that success is buried on the other side of frustration.” – Tony Robbins
- “Forget perfect on the first try. In the face of frustration, your best tool is a few deep breaths and remembering that you can do anything once you've practiced two hundred times. Seriously.” – Andrea Buchanan
- “The word “frustration” is defined as the unfortunate tendency of lessening one’s destiny. Rise up and take all frustrations away! Stop squeezing your dreams into a small size… You were not created to settle for less!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “A life of frustration is inevitable for any coach whose main enjoyment is winning.” – Chuck Noll
- “Our frustration is greater when we have much and want more than when we have nothing and want some. We are less dissatisfied when we lack many things than when we seem to lack but one thing.” – Eric Hoffer
- “Frustration is commonly the difference between what you would like to be and what you are willing to sacrifice to become what you would like to be.” – Anonymous
- “Frustration is a sign I am acting independently. The more you try your own way, the tighter the doors will stay closed.” – Joyce Meyer
- “Frustration is the first step toward improvement. It's only when I face frustration and use it to fuel my dedication that I feel myself moving forward.” – John Bingham
Final Thoughts on Frustration Quotes
Life is full of struggles and uncertainties, but isn’t that what makes it fun and exciting? You may fall down, but you can always got back up.
No matter how much you fail and how disappointed you become, there is always something to work toward. Your frustration is what will push you further to achieve your goal.
We hope that the quotes we shared above will inspire and motivate to be the person you were meant to be. It’s okay to fail and fall. Eventually, you will learn to fly.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.