There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Dealing with fake people is one of the ever-present challenges of life.
Two-faced individuals can cause you great harm if you’re not prepared for them, so in this article, we’ll be giving you some handy hints and a big batch of fake people quotes to help you out.
If you feel like you’re surrounded by people that say one thing and then do another then continue reading, as in the next section we’ll discuss more on fake people and how these quotes can help you.
What You Will Learn
What do we mean by fake people? It might seem like fake people are a product of modern times. We have access to the internet and can pretend to be anyone we like, but the term “two-faced” has very old origins and most likely comes from medieval courts. For example, a courtier might say something friendly but mean something sinister.
Fake people or two-faced people, it seems, have been around for a long time. Most likely this is due to language, all human language is a double-edged sword. It’s a powerful tool to communicate and explain, but it can also be used for lies and deceit.
Fake people can be exhausting to deal with, as once you’re on to them then you might feel you have to analyze every word they say. The reality is that fake people have as much power over you as you give them.
While it can feel overwhelming to deal with two-faced individuals, especially if it’s friends, family, or coworkers, fortunately, there is a plethora of wonderful quotes out there to offer you perspective and feed your mind with some excellent ideas.
We’ve put together this list of fake people quotes to help you do just that.
- “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Few love to hear the sins they love to act.” – William Shakespeare
- “The friend that can be bought is not worth buying.” – Irish Proverbs
- “They're not happy for you because they wish it was them.” – Carlos Wallace
- “You will never have to question the intentions or integrity of people who have your best interest at heart.”– Germany Kent
- “The person portrayed and the portrait are two entirely different things.” – Jose Ortega Y. Gasset
- “Look twice at a two-faced man.”– Chief Joseph
- “A circle of friends, doesn't always keep perfect relationships.” – Anthony Liccione
- “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
- “The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.” – Socrates
- “A persons character is shown through their actions in life NOT where they sit on Sunday.” – Navonne Johns
- “Over a small misunderstanding, God will expose how people really feel about you.” – Gugu Mofokeng
- “We ought to see far enough into a hypocrite to see even his sincerity.” – Thomas Fuller
- “When you see the genuine, you don't deal with the fakes anymore.” – Nima Davani
- “Fear makes strangers of people who you thought were friends.” – Carlos Wallace
- “A smiling assassin will always show you the white of his teeth as he smiles with happiness.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
- “God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.” – William Shakespeare
- “Those who clap you on the back with one hand may clench envy's mask behind theirs with the other.” – Stewart Stafford
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
- “The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.” – Jean Luc Picard
- “The amazing face of the motherly mammal of a seal near the oceanic shore has more honesty to offer to our world than the unreliable feature of a two-faced politician.” – Munia Khan
- “Go put your creed into your deed, Nor speak with double tongue.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If someone in your circle cannot congratulate you on your success, heed the warning and distance yourself from that person because they are not for you.” – Germany Kent
- “Fake people talk about other people being fake. Real people worry about their business, and no one else's.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Hypocrisy has its own elegant symmetry.” – Julie Metz
- “It is only the great-hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly can never know what true friendship means.” – Charles Kingsley
- “Anyone can just speak words, but only one that is tried-and-true can mean them.” – Terry a O'Neal
- “Hypocrites preach morality but live a shameful life.” – Frank Sonnenberg
- “Papi was a man split in two, playing a game against himself. But the problem with that is that in order to win, you also have to lose.” – Elizabeth Acevedo
- “Live truth instead of professing it.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “It's funny how the people who know the least about you, always have the most to say.” – Auliq Ice
- “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
- “People who are two-faced, usually forget which mask they are wearing at some point in their life.” – Anthony T.Hincks
- “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” – Genereux Philip
- “When people are two-faced, the only thing you’ll know for sure is that you can’t trust either of them.” – Unknown
- “Fake people are like soap bubbles, they pop out when the sun shines brightly.” – Chiranjude Bird
- “life is too short for fake butter or fake people.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “Hypocrisy is the outward acknowledgment of inward shame.” – Norman MacDonald
- “Sometimes it’s not the person who changes, it’s the mask that falls off.” – Mhaj Porras
- “The word “friend” is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it.” – Carlos Wallace
- Without wearing any mask we are conscious of, we have a special face for each friend.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “In the beginning, some people try to appear that everything about them is in black and white, until later their true colors come out.” – Anthony Liccione
- “I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being good all the time. That would be hypocrisy.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” – Ismail Haniyeh
- “We have two kinds of morality side by side: one which we preach but do not practice and another which we practice but seldom preach.” – Bertrand Russell
- “We never lose friends. We simply learn who the real ones are.” – Unknown
- “Fake happiness is the worst kind of sadness.” – Dominic Riccitello
- “An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies.” – Vandi Tanko.
- “One should have the ability to distinguish between real and fake. Especially Real and Fake Love.” – George Femtom
- “Children lack morality, but they also lack fake morality.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” – Terry Pratchett
- “The more time we spend interconnected via a myriad of devices, the less time we have left to develop true friendships in the real world.” – Alex Morritt
- “The most dangerous among us come dressed as angels and we learn too late they are the devil in disguise.” – Carlos Wallace
- “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” – Benjamin Franklin.
- “Knowledge planted in truth grows in truth. Strength born of peace loses nothing to hate.” – Aberjhani
- “Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.” – Rashida Rowe
- “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
- “The liar’s punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “You can be lonely even after being crowded by a thousand; you may not be lonely even after living alone. A true relationship is worth more than thousands of fakes.” – Bikramjit Konwar
- “Neither a fake friend nor a liar can be trusted, with a secret.” – Ellen J. Barrier.
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” – Jane Austen
- “As I get older, I realize just because I’m invited doesn’t mean I have to accept.” – Carlos Wallace
- “Make no mistake about it, people who say they love you but cannot be happy for your success do not love you.” – Germany Kent
- “A friend to all, is not a friend to anyone.” – Mike Skinner
- “I prefer to surround myself with people who reveal their imperfection, rather than people who fake their perfection.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
- “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
- “Humans are more venomous than snakes.” – Atef Ashab Uddin Sahil
- “One should never go by what people say.” – Agatha Christie
- “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper.” – Shizra
- “Being blinded in love and friendship is a common mistake.” – Eraldo Banovac.
- “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
- “Some humans spend their whole lives making something that isn’t real look like something that is.” – Anna Banks
- “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” – Lauren Conrad
- “I think people fake that they're having fun a lot of the time in photos, because they want people to think they're having fun. Well, that's not life, is it?” – Lara Avery
- “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” – Plutarch
- “A Fake Friend is an enemy in disguise.” – Ellen J. Barrier
- “Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people.” – Chanda Kaushik
- “Most people will never learn the lessons meant for them in this lifetime, nor become the person they were meant to be, simply because they are too busy being someone else, or someone they are not.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” – William Blake
- “Betray a friend and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.” – Aesop
- “Feigned interest is worse than brutal honesty.”– Stewart Stafford
- “The best defence is to keep off the radar of negative people.” – Steven Redhead
- “Are the accomplishments that people boast about real? Probably. But I’d rather hang out with real people, and real people don’t have to boast.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
- “The fake and scoundrel-minded people never comes out from the curtain since they cannot face the truth and reality.” – Ehsan Sehgal
- “When people smile at a rich man, they are smiling at his wallet.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “I would rather wear honest tears than the most beautiful and elaborately faked smile.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
- “Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.” – Terry Pratchett
- “Spend your time with those who love you unconditionally, not with those who only love you under certain conditions.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Fake people have no identity; they are just a number, not anywhere near a comma.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
- “The thing about chameleoning your way through life is that it gets to where nothing is real.” – John Green
- “Just like seasons, people also change. But the difference is, once gone, seasons come back.” – Himanshu Chhabra
- “Three belongings impoverish: Love, hope and fake friendships.” – Tiziri Wuming
- “Share your weaknesses. Share your hard moments. Share your real side. It’ll either scare away every fake person in your life or it will inspire them to finally let go of that mirage called “perfection,” – Dan Pearce
- “She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” – Terry Pratchett
That brings us to the end of the quote compilation. We hope that these fake people quotes can help you get some distance from the ones causing stress in your life. While there’s no way to magically make these people vanish – there’s always something you can do to help yourself, no matter what situation you’re in.
Check out these 121 grounding affirmations to find energy and balance in life – especially important when you’re amongst people with shady motivations!
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.