There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you ever been the target of unwarranted behavior from negative people?
Toxic people can appear in your life in a myriad of ways, but if you feel like you are being singled out by a specific person for no good reason then you’ve most likely got your very own hater.
Haters and negative people, in general, can be incredibly hard to deal with. Toxic and negative people like to create drama where ever they go, and sometimes how we confront these people can make us doubt ourselves.
However, once you understand why you have haters you might actually start to feel sorry for them. This list of 73 haters quotes can help you change your mindset and how you look at the negative people in your life.
In many cases, this simple understanding will greatly help you deal with negative people.
Before we get to the haters quotes, let's discuss a little more about “haters” and what that term means.
To start, what’s a hater? A hater is someone who seems to find fault with everything you do, if there’s a person in your life that’s giving you abuse and you don’t know why then they are colloquially named “a hater”.
Haters are usually motivated by jealousy; they see that you are well-liked, more successful, or better at something than they are, and this forces them to act in a manipulative or malicious manner towards you.
Most haters will never admit to this because their ego won’t allow it.
In real life, this might be a co-worker that seems nice to everyone else but is overly critical of you. They could also be a friend that never celebrates your achievements, or tries to undermine your achievements rather than just be happy for you.
How will reading these haters quotes help you? Great minds and great people across the world have had to contend with haters, constant critics, and negative people of every kind.
Reading and reflecting on their words will help you realize over time that these people are simply jealous, but rather than improve their own situation they would rather try and bring you down instead.
Now let’s get to the quotes!
73 Haters Quotes for Dealing with Negative People
1. “Haters are sometimes people who can’t understand why everybody loves you.“- Ziad K. Abdelnour
2. “From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.” – Socrates
3. “I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him” – Booker T. Washington
4. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. “Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes.“ – Elvis Presley
6. “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.” – Confucius
7. “Being judged by others means that you’re that important that they have the time to think about you and talk about you.” – Unknown
8. “Don't give to anyone the power to put you down. Haters are losers pretending to be winners.” – Paulo Coelho
9. “I don’t think haters are small-minded; it’s more tragic than that. I think they’re great minded, but choose to sell themselves short every day.“ – Steve Maraboli
10. “In time we hate that which we often fear.” – William Shakespeare
11. “When people don’t want the best for you, they are not the best for you.” – Gayle King
12. “Haters are just confused admirers because they can't figure out the reason why everyone loves you.” – Jeffree Star
13. “Hate hurts the hater more’n the hated.“ – Madeleine L’Engle
14. “Don’t think for one minute that you are any less worthy of love and peace and harmony just because of all the hate spewed by human devils. Because that is what those haters are, you know, devils!” – Scylar Tyberius
15. “They don’t hate you. They hate themselves and take it out on you. There’s a difference.” – Ritu Ghatourey
16. “Haters will broadcast your failure, but whisper your success.” – Drake
17. “An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.” – Goi Nasu
18. “Maybe you who condemn me are in greater fear than I who am condemned.“ – Giordano Bruno
19. “(To the haters) You are not extinguishing the bright lights of mankind, you’re simply burying yourself in an unmarked grave.”- Stefan Molyneux
20. “I think that everybody wants to be heard, and the easiest way to be the loudest is to be the hater.” – Tavi Gevinson
21. “Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” – Coco Chanel
22. “Never waste your time trying to explain yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.” – Unknown
23. “Those people, who hate you, envy your freedom.“ – Santosh Kalwar
24. “Haters are my favorite. I´ve built an empire with the bricks they´ve thrown at me. Keep on hating…” – CM Punk
25. “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King
26. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
27. “People always talk. Don’t stress yourself what people say. Just live your life the way you know how.“ – Kyos
28. “Those who pray for your downfall are concentrating negative thoughts towards you, without taking cognisance of the slippery ground in which they are standing, which could lead to their downfall.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
29. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
30. “The best way to counter-attack a hater is to make it blatantly obvious that their attack has had no impact on you.” – Tim Ferriss
31. “Don’t waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. “My father told me never to take my foot off a ladder to kick at someone who was kicking at me. When I did that, I would no longer be climbing. While they are kicking, my father told me, I should keep stepping. They can kick only one time.” – Steve Harvey
33. “Always remember… Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
34. “If you don’t like me, why do you waste your time making fun of me?” – Chad Anderson
35. “When you're blessed, the haters come out. When you wear God's blessings well, don't be surprised if it draws jealousy out on people.” – Joel Osteen
36. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.” – Lucille Ball
37. “Your enemies are not to be destroyed, grant them longevity to witness your success.“ – Michael Bassey Johnson
38. “Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
39. “A haters job is to hate you, and they stay on their job 24/7. So, if you’re expecting them to clock out, and leave you alone think again.” – Sonya Parker
40. “If people don't like me for whatever I do, for being me, then that's too bad. I don't want to change to be something that I'm not for other people to like me.” – Vanessa Hudgens
41. “Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.” – Albert Einstein
42. “A hater is a person with a complete understanding of your destiny but assigns him- or herself as a representative to work tirelessly on your misery.“- Johnnie Dent Jr.
43. “Expect while reaching for the stars, people to whirl by with their dark clouds and storm upon you.” – Anthony Liccione
44. “Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up.” – Habeeb Akande
45. “People that are obsessed with hating you, feel flattered. Their whole lives revolve around you.” – Lady Gaga
46. “Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future.” – Wayne L. Misner
47. “Never wrestle with pigs for the pigs remain clueless and you end up muddy.“ – Orrin Woodward
48. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” – Sean Covey
49. “You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.” – Shannon L. Alder
50. “Just be you. I've learned the hard way and in the end, some people are just so full of hate that no matter what you say or do, they'll always have something to say.” – Megan Fox
51. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
52. “Envy is the religion of the mediocre. It comforts them, it soothes their worries, and finally, it rots their souls, allowing them to justify their meanness and their greed until they believe these to be virtues.“ – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
53. “Often those that criticize others reveal what he himself lacks.” – Shannon L. Alder
54. “People will always have their opinion on you despite who you are and what your capable of.” – Ana Chable
55. “Haters never win. I just think that's true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end.” – Tom Hiddleston
56. “You better go alone, than with negative people!” – Israelmore Ayivor
57. “One who enjoys finding errors will then start creating errors to find.“ – Criss Jami
58. “Having haters is just a part of the business, and the more haters you have, the more people like you—that’s how I view it because I try to see the positive in things.” – Nick Jonas
59. “To anyone that ever told you you're no good.. they're no better”. – Hayley Williams
60. “People who try to bring you down everyday aren’t important in your life, so you better treat their opinions as such.” – Terry Mark
61. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.“ – Oscar Wilde
62. “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain… and most do.” – Dale Carnegie
63. “No matter how kind you are, always expect a few imbeciles.“- Criss Jami
64. “We can’t control the filters that others choose when they look at us.” – Rachel Wolchin
65. “Haters…are all failures. It's 100% across the board. No one who is truly brilliant at anything is a hater.” – Joe Rogan
66. “Avoid negative people, for they are the greatest destroyers of self confidence and self-esteem. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you!” – Auliq Ice
67. “Our critics make us strong! Our fears make us bold! Our haters make us wise!“ – Israelmore Ayivor
68. “No matter how good you are, someone is always going to be against you. But never let them be the limit of your success.” – Terry Mark
69. “My mom always said that there would be haters. Not everyone can love ya.” – Joel Madden
70. “Let go of negative people. They only show up to share complaints, problems, disastrous stories, fear, and judgment on others. If somebody is looking for a bin to throw all their trash into, make sure it’s not in your mind.” – Dalai Lama
71. “Haters are important because they show you you’re doing something right.“- Nuno Roque
72. “I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.“- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
73. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” – Joel Osteen
Dealing with haters and negative people of all kinds can be a draining experience for anyone. While it can be stressful and aggravating dealing with unnecessary drama it’s one of the unavoidable facts of life.
Reading these haters quotes will help you realize that what negative people think of you isn’t important at all. In the meantime check out these 110 affirmations for consistency and staying committed, to help you carry on being great, and put any negative people firmly behind you.
And if you want more eye-opening quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 91 Ungrateful Quotes for Dealing with Thankless People
- 101 Toxic People Quotes to Stay Away from Negativity
- 67 Unappreciated Quotes for When You Don’t Feel Recognized
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.