There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Everyone wants to be badass.
This isn’t a new phenomenon either – humans have been creating heroes and trying to live up to their ideals for a long time.
We’ve put together a list of 101 badass quotes to help you find your inner superpowers. Once you find the hero inside yourself, you’ll never look back. If you’re not feeling the confidence that comes from being in touch with your superpowers, this is for you!
But, before we get onto the quotes, let’s talk about what being a “badass” means.
(Side note: Want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life? Then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success).
What You Will Learn
A badass is someone who is aware of their own inner strength, they understand their own capabilities. It’s not about pretending to be someone that you’re not, it’s about coming to terms with who you really are.
When you think of a badass – who do you think of? Is it the heroes of the popular Marvel movies (who are based around old mythological heroes)? The lone ranger taking on the bad guys? Maybe a character from a book or play, or someone you know?
These are all good examples to live up to, but there are people all around you that demonstrate their superpowers every day. The single mother who keeps on trucking along, an elderly person on an afternoon jog, or the men and women who work to keep us safe – they’re all badass in their own way.
We’ve put together this list of quotes to help you understand that you, indeed, are also a badass. You have done and will do things that show the world how tough you are, but sometimes we have to shine the light of our awareness inside to come to grips with this fact.
One of the unique benefits of the written word is that it can be the catalyst for self-reflection, and there is a plethora of wisdom out there you can use to get in touch with your inner badass and show the world your superpowers.
Let’s bring on these quotes.
- “It’s not about being superhuman, it’s about realizing that being human is super!” – Sadhguru
- “There has been a constant war, a war with fear. Those who have the courage to conquer it are made free.” – Alexander the Great
- “To hold it together when everyone else would understand it if you fell apart, that’s true strength” – Miyamoto Musashi
- Tough times never last, but tough people do” – Dr. Robert Schuller
- “A bird on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings. Always believe in yourself.” – Anonymous
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me: it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within.” – Miyamoto Musashi
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.” – GeneraL George S. Patton
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “But where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live.” – Inazo Natube
- “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
- “All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re right in front of us, they’re behind us… THEY CAN’T GET AWAY THIS TIME.” – Lewis B Puller
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
- “A warrior must only take care that his spirit is never broken” – Shissai
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
- “Sweat more during peace: bleed less during war.” – Sun Tzu
- “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” – Henry Rollins
- “When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.” – Walter Payton
- “It ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.” – Rocky Balboa
- “I fear not the man who practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times.” – Bruce Lee
- “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth” – Mike Tyson
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself.” – Eddie Vedder
- “Discipline is your best friend. It will take care of you like nothing else can.” – Jocko Willink
- “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
- “Do today what others won’t and achieve tomorrow what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
- “He is a man of courage who does not run away but remains at his post to fight against the enemy.” – Socrates
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” – Yoda
- “When I was a child, my mother said to me, if you become a soldier, you’ll be a general, if you become a monk, you’ll end up as the pope. Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” – Pablo Picasso
- “You see, in this world, there’s two kinds of people, my friend – those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig”. – Clint Eastwood
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- “Strength is the product of struggle. You must do what others don’t to achieve what others won’t.” – Henry Rollins
- “It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.” – Howard Ruff
- “I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.” – Roddy Piper
- “I don’t think of the misery, but the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” – Mark Twain
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Van Gogh
- “You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way.” – Richard Bach
- “You create opportunities by performing, not complaining.” – Muriel Siebert
- “Never stop being YOU. I am out to be the best ME I can be. Do what you LOVE and you will be badass.” – Terry Crews
- “The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy but where are they.” – Plutarch
- “I don’t have dreams, I have goals.” – Harvey Specter
- “A stubborn enough person can survive just about anything.” – Zaeed Massani
- “The edge – there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” – Hunter S. Thompson
The edge – there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” – Hunter S. Thompson
- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
- “Remember that pain has this most excellent quality. If prolonged it cannot be severe, and if severe it cannot be prolonged.” – Seneca the Younger
- “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how” – Nietzsche
- “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Jamie Paolinetti
- “None of you seem to understand. I’m not locked in here with you. You’re locked in here with me.” – Rorschach
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
- “The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; . . . who at best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” – Seneca the Younger
- “Through endurance we conquer” – Ernest H. Shackleton
- “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Jamie Paolinetti
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional” – Haruki Mirakami
- “Only those who are willing to risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S Elliot
- “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
- “Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done, and why. Then do it.” – Robert A. Heinlein
- “Love is my religion – I could die for it” – John Keats
- “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Denise Brennan-Nelson
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.” – Douglas Adams
- “I have sworn upon the altar of God Eternal, hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Do or do not. There is no try” – Yoda
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
- “Do not wish for quick results, nor look for small advantages. If you seek quick results, you will not reach the ultimate goal. If you are led astray by small advantages, you will never accomplish great things.” – Confucius
- “He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “At the end of the day, who cares? What’s the big deal? I’m here, I’m going to try my best, and I’m going to go home, and my family’s there…Even though my whole world’s wrapped up in this, who cares?” – Shaun White
- “Courage is being scared to death… and saddling up anyway” – John Wayne
- “What is the ultimate quantification of success? For me, it’s not how much time you spend doing what you love. It’s how little time you spend doing what you hate.” – Casey Neistat
- “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” – Lao Tzu
- “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Nobody’s paying attention to anyone else at all. You think everyone is, but they’re not. So take as long as you want if you’re talented. You’ll get their attention again if you have a reason to.” – B.J Novak
- “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” – Edmund Hillary
- “If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” – Joe Namath
- “There is a source of strength that will always spring up if thou wilt always look” – Marcus Aurelius
- “If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid” – Epictetus
- “Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, it’s learning how to dance in the rain” – Vivian Greene
- “Can you imagine yourself in 10 years if instead of avoiding the things you know you should do, you actually did them every single day – that’s powerful.” – Jordan Peterson
- “Strength and growth only come through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
- “See simplicity in the complicated. Achieve greatness in little things” – Laozi
- “Good character is not formed in a week or a month. It is created little by little, day by day.” – Heraclitus
- “The amateur believes he must first overcome his fear; then he can do his work. The professional knows that fear can never be overcome. He knows there is no such thing as a fearless warrior or a dread-free artist.” – Steven Pressfield
- “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light” – Aristotle
- “Solitude is one of our great superpowers… Solitude is the key to being able to make effective decisions and then having the courage of convictions to stand behind those decisions.” – Susan Cain
- “Know that it’s your decisions, and not your conditions, that determine your destiny.” – Tony Robbins
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Jason Bennett
- “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – André Gide
- “If there is nothing but what we make in this world, brothers…let us make it good.” – Beta Ray Bill
- “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
- “No man can win every battle, but no man should fall without a struggle.” – Peter Parker
- “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” – Elon Musk
That’s the end of our badass quotes list. We hope that reading through these helps you get in touch with all the superpowers and gifts you have waiting to be unleashed.
You might not realize it now, but in time you’ll come to understand that you were a badass all along!
In the meantime, check out these 57 positive affirmations for success in life, to help you in your journey of excellence.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.