There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Your comfort zone. Your safe haven. Your stress-free situation. Or your happy place. Whatever name you choose to give it, this is where you feel most at ease.
Only it’s not a place, but a feeling. One that’s familiar and warm. And offers sanctuary when things get too much. Because they do get too much from time to time. And it’s reassuring to have that place to run back to.
But if you keep running back, how can you move forward? And if you’re constantly looking for that comfort zone, how can you see all the wonderful adventures in front of you?
These comfort zone quotes will show you that there are so many opportunities, just waiting for you. And give you the courage to go and find them.
Why is Pushing Your Personal Boundaries So Tough?
Every part of your life, up until now, has taken you to get out of your comfort zone.
Your first steps, whilst you’re unlikely to remember, would have been difficult and unknown. Your first day at school, when letting go of your Mom or Dad’s hand would have left your heart racing as you fought back the tears.
Your first date, first driving lesson, or the first house where you had to pay your own bills. None of these things came naturally to you. They were all huge at the time. All massively out of your comfort zone.
But you did it anyway. And look what you achieved by doing so. Take a moment to think back as far as you can to the things that took guts. The moments where you wanted to run away but instead, stood strong and got through it.
Life is made up of these little moments. Be it going for a job interview, picking up the phone (a difficult interaction for so many people), or making small talk with the cashier. It can be really tough.
But by pushing through your personal boundaries, you will open up so many doors. You will find your voice. And the confidence to take charge of situations that would have previously left you panic-stricken.
It’s Ok to have your comfort zones. But don’t let them hold you back. For whilst they may be warm and familiar, they don’t offer the opportunities you deserve.
Take a look at these comfort zone quotes. And remember, you can do anything you put your mind to.
63 Comfort Zone Quotes to Push Your Personal Boundaries
- “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “As you move outside of your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal.” – Robin S. Sharma
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “Unless you go out of your comfort zone. Unless you challenge yourself, you cannot grow. Leadership is the art of growing by pushing yourself past your own physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual limits.” – Amit Ray
- “A comfort zone is a beautiful place – but nothing ever grows there.” – Unknown
- “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Unknown
- “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!” – Jillian Michaels
- “We are so accustomed to the comforts of “I cannot”, “I do not want to” and “it is too difficult” that we forget to realize when we stop doing things for ourselves and expect others to dance around us, we are not achieving greatness. We have made ourselves weak.” – Pandora Poikilos
- “Don’t let fear make your decisions for you.” – Annette White
- “Find your uncomfortzone.” – Unknown
- “Are we prepared to leave our comfort zones to reach a better place?” – Carlos A. Godoy
- “Comfort is the enemy of achievement.” – Farrah Gray
- “The comfort zone is nothing else but a graveyard for your dreams & ideas.” – Unknown
- “The sooner you step away from your comfort zone you’ll realize that it really wasn’t all that comfortable.” – Eddie Harris, Jr.
- “Sometimes it is good to be in uncomfortable situations because it is in finding our way out of such difficulties that we learn valuable lessons.” – Idowu Koyenikan
- “Everything we want is outside of our comfort zone and the other side is fear.” – Sivaprakash Sidhu
- “The moment you take a step out of your comfort zone, is the moment things will shift for you. Go towards what you fear.” – Robin S. Baker
- “The hardest thing to do is leaving your comfort zone. But you have to let go of the life you’re familiar with and take the risk to live the life you dream about.” – T. Arigo
- “Be willing to step outside your comfort zone once in a while; take the risks in life that seem worth taking. The ride might not be as predictable if you’d just planted your feet and stayed put, but it will be a heck of a lot more interesting.” – Edward Whitacre, Jr.
- “By leaving your comfort zone behind and taking a leap of faith into something new, you find out who you are truly capable of becoming.” – Unknown
- “Only when we get out of our comfort zone, from everything that is easy for us to handle or face, are we able to see our true limitations. In the beginning, we will have some fear, we will feel overwhelmed, even helpless, but all those feelings are part of the process… It is simply called #learning.” – Jasmina Alexander
- “Don’t confuse comfort with happiness.” – Dean Karnazes
- “The further you get away from yourself, the more challenging it is. Not to be in your comfort zone is great fun.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- “There is no growth without discomfort.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Outside of the comfort zone is where the magic happens.” – Unknown
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway.” – Unknown
- “Real change is difficult at the beginning, but gorgeous at the end. Change begins the moment you get the courage and step outside your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Unknown
- “Choosing a path for convenience and speed is usually a recipe for mediocrity. The things that most enrich our lives usually demand a bigger investment of time and discipline.” – Gina Mohammed, Ph. D.
- “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
- “The only thing that is stopping you from where you are to where you want to go is your comfort zone.” – Dhaval Gaudier
- “Coming out of your comfort zone is tough in the beginning, chaotic in the middle, and awesome in the end…because in the end, it shows you a whole new world !! Make an attempt..” – Manoj Arora
- “I will guarantee you that the day you step outside your comfort zone by making success your goal is the day you discover that adversity, risk, and daring will make life sweeter than you ever imagined.” – Mark Burnett
I will guarantee you that the day you step outside your comfort zone by making success your goal is the day you discover that adversity, risk, and daring will make life sweeter than you ever imagined.” – Mark Burnett
- “Before anything great is really achieved, your comfort zone must be disturbed.” – Ray Lewis
- “This is the new year the new you. You can pass through another year, coasting on cruise control. Or you can step out of your comfort zone, trying things you have never done before, & make 2012 as the year that you elevate from where you are & soar high. Make it happen!” – Pablo
- “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
- “True self-discovery begins where your comfort zone ends.” – Adam Braun
- “Comfort zone has the most comfortable bed in life where dreams become alive in your mind but never become a reality because you never get up from bed to make it happen.” – Oscar Bimpong
- “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.”- Brian Tracy
- “Sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zones. We have to break the rules. And we have to discover the sensuality of fear. We need to face it, challenge it, dance with it.” – Kyra Davis
- “My experience is that you cannot have everything you want but you can have anything you really want. You just need to decide what it is and then plan your exit from the comfort zone.” – Jonathan Farrington
- “Whenever you feel uncomfortable, instead of retreating back into your old comfort zone, pat yourself on the back and say, “I must be growing,” and continue moving forward.” – T. Harv Eker
- “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” – Abraham Maslow
- “Life loses its meaning when we get stuck up in the comfort zone.” – M. K. Soni
- “Step out of your comfort zone. Comfort zones, where your unrealized dreams are buried, are the enemies of achievement. Leadership begins when you step outside your comfort zone.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Comfort zones are plush lined coffins. When you stay in your plush lined coffins, you die.” – Stan Dale
- “To succeed in life, we must stay within our strength zone but continually move outside our comfort zone.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Step so far outside your comfort zone that you forget how to get back.” – Unknown
- “You have to be uncomfortable in order to be successful, in some ways. If you stay in your comfort zone! You would never do the things that you need to do.” – Lights Poxlietner
- “We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.” – Max DePree
- “The comfort zone is the great enemy of courage and confidence.” – Brian Tracy
- “Risk, then, is not just part of life. It is life. The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where life takes place. It’s the high-anxiety zone, but it’s also where you discover who you are.” – Nick Vujicic
- “Resistance to change is very much governed by your comfort zone. Just because something is comfortable does not for a moment mean it’s what you want, or even good for you for that matter.” – Robin H-C
- “We have to be honest about what we want and take risks rather than lie to ourselves and make excuses to stay in our comfort zone.” – Roy Bennett
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A ship in a harbor is safe, but that’s not what a ship is built for.” – Unknown
- “Step outside your comfort zone. If you don’t push your limits, you’ll never get better.” – Frank Sonnenberg
- “Fear and anxiety many times indicates that we are moving in a positive direction, out of the safe confines of our comfort zone, and in the direction of our true purpose.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “In the long run, our comfort zone becomes our uncomfortable zone.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle and best at the end.” – Robin Sharma
- “Coming out of your comfort zone is tough in the beginning, chaotic in the middle, and awesome in the end…because in the end, it shows you a whole new world.” – Manoj Arora
Final Thoughts on Pushing Out of Your Personal Boundaries
You can achieve almost anything you want in life. But not from within your comfort zone.
It’s time to step out of your safe haven and chase your dreams. Start little, like sitting with your colleagues at lunch, rather than on your own. Or by throwing your trainers on and going for that run in the park that you keep avoiding.
Over time, the uncomfortable will become comfortable. Over and over again. Have faith in yourself. You can do this.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 51 Feeling Not Good Enough Quotes for 2023
- 51 Overwhelmed Quotes for When You Need a Break
- 35 Inspirational Have a Great Day Quotes and Sayings
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.