There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you been struggling with productivity issues? We’ve all been there. Even with careful schedule planning and time managing strategies, you still can’t seem to escape the clutches of procrastination.
If you can relate to this, perhaps it’s time you introduced some affirmations into your life.
By incorporating positive affirmations for productivity into your daily routine, things may start to change for the better. Here, we’ll look at 60 affirmations to kickstart your productivity.
What You Will Learn
Why Affirmations Are Important For Productivity to Get Things Done
Life can get pretty chaotic from time to time. As a result, you might feel overwhelmed and unable to get stuff done.
No doubt, feeling down affects our levels of productivity. The last two years have been especially testing for every single one of us in that regard. Moreover, collective trauma can have a negative effect on both our outlook and our output. According to data from the CDC, US depression rates have almost tripled since the start of the pandemic in 2020.
Whether it’s completing a work project or simply cleaning the house, affirmations can help you take that first step towards completing your daily tasks. Affirmations are short statements that you repeat to yourself to alter your mindset. Essentially, they help you create the life that you want to live. We all have the power within us to change the way we approach life. Just remember that you are always in total control. Think of affirmations as a stepping-stone towards achieving what needs to be done, with the added benefit of feeling better about yourself.
What’s more, positive affirmations have been scientifically proven to be effective. A study published in Social and Cognitive Effective Neuroscience found that affirmations activate parts of your brain associated with rewards. Not only that, but the dopamine released lasted for a relatively long period. Unlike the short-term joy you feel from social media likes, affirmations are a healthier way to get that dopamine hit. The more you repeat positive affirmations, the better you will feel in the long run. Pretty cool, right?
Despite all the scientific evidence, it may still feel weird to say these things to yourself daily. However, if you’re still skeptical about the process, it’s worth trying before completely dismissing it. After all, what’s the worst that could happen?
60 Affirmations For Productivity to Get Things Done
Now that we’ve defined affirmations and discussed the science behind them let’s dive into some examples. Let’s look at 60 affirmations to help you get started.
- I can channel my full concentration on the task ahead.
- I am fully relaxed and trust my mind and body.
- I will not fail at anything that I do.
- Big challenges bring big opportunities.
- I know my purpose in this life.
- I am always in control of my thoughts.
- Completing small goals will ensure I achieve my bigger goals.
- I am taking each task as it comes, one at a time.
- I fully believe in myself and am my number one cheerleader.
- I trust my talent and abilities wholeheartedly.
- I am fully capable of achieving success.
- I am a productivity expert.
- I am filled to the brim with the energy to get things done.
- I will dive into my tasks headfirst and with a positive attitude.
- The quicker I get this done, the quicker I can relax.
- I can stick to my deadlines with time to spare.
- I am a total action-taker.
- I control my time and how I use it.
- I can be pro-active.
- I am talented at creating systems to ensure my task is complete.
- I thrive on hard work.
- I am entirely focused on one task at a time.
- I am going to wake up early to get everything done sooner.
- I enjoy the feeling of being productive.
- I can make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- I am respectful of my commitments.
- I have the energy to complete a daily workout.
- I make things happen right now and not later.
- I will switch off my phone and other potential distractions when working.
- I can ask for help when I need it.
- I am surrounded by a supportive network of friends, colleagues, and family.
I am surrounded by a supportive network of friends, colleagues, and family.”
- The mistakes I make are just learning curves.
- I always have my end goals in mind.
- My actions are aligned with my future goals.
- I am a very reliable worker.
- I practice working hard and playing hard.
- My to-do list is achievable.
- I can take charge of a task.
- I will complete this task to the best of my ability.
- Every day I am more and more productive.
- I am filled to the brim with motivation.
- I am fully satisfied with every task I finish.
- My life is becoming more organized.
- I am smart and able to overcome any challenges.
- I am going to achieve the best results.
- I will complete all tasks to a high standard.
- I am worthy of all success and praise.
- I fully trust my ability to get things done.
- I love working to the best of my ability.
- My tasks fill me with lots of energy.
- I relish the feeling of completing a task.
- I can prioritize my tasks.
- I am passionate about the work I need to get done.
- I am good at avoiding all potential distractions.
- Problems are just hurdles to get through.
- I have so much time to complete my tasks.
- Each problem has a solution.
- I am committed to improving my focus.
- I am finding more efficient approaches to productivity every day.
- My results are proof of my ability.
How to Use Affirmations for Productivity to Get Things Done
There are many ways to use affirmations to ensure maximum productivity. For example, some people prefer to write their affirmations on sticky notes and place them around their home. That way, they’re constantly reminded of their goals no matter what. This technique is beneficial if you work from home, like so many people over the last two years. Simply formulating the words “I can get things done” can be enough to push you in the right direction.
Others like to say them out loud in the mirror every day. If you don’t have the patience or the willpower to use affirmations in that manner, try recording them and listening to them when you go to bed. The positive phrases will enter your subconscious mind as you sleep. Additionally, you can play those recordings in your car on your way to work or through a speaker at home.
Another technique is making your daily affirmation your phone or computer screen background. Each time you look at your device, you’ll be reminded of your affirmation. Of course, if your tech devices are a distraction, this method may not be ideal.
The important part is to find the most affirmations that resonate with you. It doesn't matter whether it’s something from the above list or something more personal; it doesn’t matter. The way you go about repeating them is entirely down to personal preference.
Final Thoughts on Affirmations For Productivity to Get Things Done
The most critical aspect of practicing affirmations is that you believe in them. Sure, it may seem a little strange at first. But trust us when we say that the words we put out into the universe have a way of manifesting – not to mention that the science backs it up. If you want more information on affirmations, check out these 6 ways to use affirmations to effectively change your life.
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.