There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
We all have moments of weakness. Times when we feel that we aren’t good enough. That we don’t have what it takes to achieve the things we want out of life.
It can be really disheartening. But it’s during those difficult times that we should learn to accept and embrace our weaknesses. And focus on what we can do, rather than what we can’t.
These weakness quotes will help you to understand that no one is perfect. And that everyone has their own unique set of strengths and weaknesses.
You just need to look a little deeper to find yours.
Do you ever feel frustrated that you can’t find the right words to say? And so your opinion is sadly never heard.
Or maybe you're overwhelmed by everything you need to do. But can't face the idea of delegating, and being met with confrontation.
You see these, and probably many other things, as weaknesses. Things that are letting you down. And stopping you from achieving your goals.
More often than not, we only really focus on our weaknesses. The things we can’t do.
And fail to admire all the things we can.
Think about it. Everything you’ve done, up until now, is because of you. Every time you’ve pushed yourself and reached a new high is because of you.
You’ve already overcome so many setbacks. Dug your heels in when others would have walked away. And faced the difficulties thrown at you with courage and conviction.
You have the strength to stand tall. You might not be able to see it right now. But by taking the time to understand your unique talents and abilities, you will find the confidence and motivation to take on any challenge.
By tapping into your hidden strengths, you’ll become more productive, creative, and successful in life. Whether it’s at work, or in your relationship, understanding who you are and what you're capable of, your weaknesses can no longer hold you back.
With the right mindset and dedication to unlocking your hidden strengths, you’ll create the future you’ve been longing for. Remember that strengths and weaknesses are unique to everyone, so don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
Now, let’s take a look at these weakness quotes. Use them as a source of inspiration to unleash your hidden potential. And appreciate the amazing person you already are.
- “Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness.” – Jean Vanier
- “Vulnerability is not weakness.” – Brené Brown
- “Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.” – Niccolò Machiavelli
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Chinese Proverb
- “If you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise” – Rupi Kaur
If you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise” – Rupi Kaur
- “You cannot run away from weakness.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Strength is not something you have, it’s something you find.” – Emma Smith
- “You are strong when you know your weakness, you are beautiful when you know your flaws, and you are wise when you learn from your mistakes.” – Unknown
- “For what it's worth: it's never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and, if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” – F.Scott Fitzgerald
- “Nothing has more strength than dire necessity.” – Euripides
- “And if you think tough men are dangerous, wait until you see what weak men are capable of.” – Jordan B. Peterson
- “Our strength grows out of our weakness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The hardest walk is walking alone, but it's also the walk that makes you the strongest.” – Unknown
- “The Struggle Of You’re In Today Is Developing the Strength You Need For Tomorrow.” – Unknown
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Both now and for always, I intend to hold fast to my belief in the hidden strength of the human spirit.” – Andrei Sakharov
- “I found an inner strength to fight for myself. It was clear that nobody else would.” – Tehmina Durrani
- “Everyone’s afraid of something, Jemma. It doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means you’re alive. It takes real courage to feel that fear and do it anyway.” – Bianca Scardoni
Everyone’s afraid of something, Jemma. It doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means you’re alive. It takes real courage to feel that fear and do it anyway.” – Bianca Scardoni
- “Success is achieved by developing our strengths, not by eliminating our weaknesses.” – Marilyn Vos Savant
- “Realize that enough hidden strength lies within you to overcome all obstacles and temptations. Bring forth that indomitable power and energy.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “No matter what kind of challenges or difficulties or painful situations you go through in your life, we all have something deep within us that we can reach down and find the inner strength to get through them.” – Alana Stewart
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
- “I'm convinced that the only way to get ahead in this world is to live and sell dangerously. You've got to live beyond your means. You've got to commit yourself to an act or vision that pulls you further than you want to go and forces you to use your hidden strengths.” – John H. Johnson
- “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” – George R. R. Martin
- “She remembered who she was, and the game changed.” – Lalah Deliah
- “We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome.” – Isabel Allende
- “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
- “Whatever is in me is stronger than what is out there to defeat me.” – Unknown
- “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” – Roy Bennett
- “As part of the divine plan, we are tested to see whether we master weakness or let weakness master us.” – Russell M. Nelson
- “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
- “No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.” – Jack Kerouac
No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Own your faults and weaknesses.” – Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- “But wishing for strength won’t make us strong. It takes faith and work to shore up a weakened cord of integrity.” – Russell M. Nelson
- “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Unknown
- “Energy we can release to compete in the marathon of life. Within each of us is a hidden store of courage. Courage to give us the strength to face any challenge. Within each of us is a hidden store of determination. Determination to keep us in the race when all seems lost.” – Roger Dawson
- “Once we know our weaknesses they cease to do us any harm.” – Georg C. Lichtenberg
- “Recognizing our strengths and our weaknesses, we should strive to use good judgment in all of our choices and decisions, make good use of every opportunity, and do our best in every task we undertake.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.” – Unknown
- “We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You learn from things that don’t go well, and you try to capitalize when they do. You build on those strengths and try to make your weaknesses stronger.” – Gary Sinise
- “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Nothing is impossible unless you think it is.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Every training session, I work hard to improve my weaknesses and build on my strengths.” – Antoine Griezmann
- “But our strengths are hidden until we choose to reveal them–and that is when we are truly tested. When all that we have within is exposed, and we may no longer blame our inadequacies for our failure, but must instead depend upon our strengths to succeed … that is when the measure of a man is taken, my boy.” – James A. Owen
But our strengths are hidden until we choose to reveal them–and that is when we are truly tested. When all that we have within is exposed, and we may no longer blame our inadequacies for our failure, but must instead depend upon our strengths to succeed … that is when the measure of a man is taken, my boy.” – James A. Owen
- “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” – Demi Lovato
- “Never believe for a second that your weak, within all of us we have a reserve of inner hidden strength.” – Unknown
- “I feel like we’re attracted to paths in life that force us to look at our weaknesses or deficiencies as human beings. Not to get all deep on you, but that’s how I feel.” – Emma Bell
- “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power.” – Washington Irving
- “Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses, on your powers instead of your problems.” – Paul J. Meyer
- “Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points.” – Knute Rockne
- “We all have a tendency to avoid our weaknesses. When we do that, we “ progress or get any better.” – Jocko Willink
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “We do not know who we are until we take time to discover who we can be. Hidden within us is unrealized potential. Hidden within us is a self we have yet to become.” – Edwin Mamerto
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
If you look up and only focus on the dark cloud, you’ll miss the bright sunshine lurking behind it. And if you only focus on your weaknesses, you’ll miss your hidden strengths.
You are more capable than you give yourself credit for. Yes, there are things that are difficult to overcome. Struggles that feel impossible to win.
But by searching a little deeper within, you’ll find your hidden strengths. The things that’ll make you successful. And the qualities you should be proud of.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 51 Regret Quotes About the Mistakes of the Past
- 97 Short Quotes & Sayings to Inspire Your Life
- 63 Best Brené Brown Quotes on Vulnerability & Daring Greatly
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.