There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
What are you most afraid of? Is it heights, spiders, or maybe the dark? What about speaking in public, or visiting the dentist for a check-up?
It’s quite normal to be fearful of a situation, especially when it’s unknown. Or worse still, known to leave you feeling uneasy.
It takes a huge amount of courage to overcome that fear. Courage to take that leap of faith. And put one foot in front of the other when most in doubt.
Reading fearless quotes can bring that much-needed reassurance. And help you to find the courage that lies within.
Fear is often our biggest rock in the road. It’s the one emotion that we struggle to put into perspective. And so, feel stranded in its shadow.
It’s an overwhelming force that holds us back from achieving our goals and dreams. It shuts the door tightly on new adventures. And silences our voice, when we need to speak out.
Although fear is a natural emotion that we all experience, it can become unmanageable. And seem irrational to someone on the outside.
It’s often met with ‘How can fear have such an immense impact on your life?’ or ‘How can it stop you from doing so many great things?’
And you probably don’t have the answers. It’s hard to explain the constant cycle of fear and doubt to someone who’s looking in.
But you can take charge of the situation by finding your hidden courage. You’ve got it in you. And it will give you the strength to overcome your fears and achieve the things you want out of life.
It’s important to remember that even small steps can make a big difference. That you don’t have to do everything in one day. And to acknowledge your successes, no matter how big or small.
Now, let’s check out these fearless quotes to help you find the courage to take on any challenge life throws at you.
- “Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “You’ve got to be fearless.” – Robert Horry
- “True courage is not the brutal force of vulgar heroes, but the firm resolve of virtue and reason.” – Alfred North Whitehead
- “Fate loves the fearless.” – James Russell Lowell
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Maya Angelou
Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Maya Angelou
- “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” – Brené Brown
- “Fear – who cares?” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.” – Billy Graham
- “When you explore your fears, then you set yourself free.” – Stephen Richards
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Be fearless, be brave, be bold, love yourself.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
- “The secret to happiness is freedom … and the secret to freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
- “Beneath every excuse lies a fear. Practice being fearless.” – Robin Sharma
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
- “Fear only becomes powerful when you give it your power.” – Robin Sharma
- “Courage is a special kind of knowledge: the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared.” – David Ben-Gurion
- “To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.” – Taylor Swift
- “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner
You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner
- “Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” – Misty Copeland
- “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” – Earl Nightingale
- “I think fearless is having fears but jumping anyway.” – Taylor Swift
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
- “Courage is the commitment to begin without any guarantee of success.” – Johann Wolfang von Goethe
- “I feel myself becoming the fearless person I have dreamt of being. Have I arrived? No. But I'm constantly evolving and challenging myself to be unafraid to make mistakes.” – Janelle Monae
- “You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear—not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “Fearless means trusting your instincts and clarity of thought. Once you have made up your mind, don't be scared of what if.” – Ravi Shastri
- “It is only necessary to have courage, for strength without self-confidence is useless.” – Giacomo Casanova
- “If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.” – Harry Hoover
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
- “You can choose courage, or you can choose comfort, but you cannot choose both.” – Brene Brown
- “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” – Harry S Truman
- “Courage is the secret sauce that allows you to act despite your fears.” – Narayan Kamath
- “When you're challenged to the extreme, you learn so much about yourself. And when you're willing to give that ultimate sacrifice, when you're willing to tackle a job or a task or a mission head-on and give 100%, you can achieve amazing things because you're almost fearless.” – Ant Middleton
When you're challenged to the extreme, you learn so much about yourself. And when you're willing to give that ultimate sacrifice, when you're willing to tackle a job or a task or a mission head-on and give 100%, you can achieve amazing things because you're almost fearless.” – Ant Middleton
- “Courage is found in unlikely places.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “It is courage, courage, courage, that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity.” – Horace
- “With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” – Margaret Mitchell
- “Never give up. Keep trying and pushing and struggling, even if you don't know what your goal is or why you would want to achieve it.” – Jack Handey
- “I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me.” – Erica Jong
- “To have courage for whatever comes in life—everything lies in that.” – Saint Teresa of Ávila
- “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “The scariest moment is always just before you start. After that, things can only get better.” – Stephen King
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – JK Rowling
- “Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.” – Winston Churchill
- “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” – Vincent van Gogh
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” – Jonas Salk
- “You can choose to let this thing bother you or let this be an adventure and welcome the challenge.” – Fred Rogers
- “Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.” – Joseph Smith, Jr.
Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.” – Joseph Smith, Jr.
- “If you could get up the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.” – David Viscott
- “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become.” – Steve Jobs
- “I have lived my life according to this principle: If I’m afraid of it, then I must do it.” – Erica Jong
- “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use.” – Ruth Gordon
- “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” – John A. Shedd
- “A lot of people do not muster the courage to live their dreams because they are afraid to die.” – Les Brown
- “Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.” – Arthur Koestler
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on—it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
- “Have the courage to act instead of react.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Final Thoughts on Fearless Quotes
We don't have to be confident in everything we do. It's normal for there to be things that leave us fearful. And even stop us in our tracks.
But we can learn to overcome the fear, even if it's just enough to move forward.
That doesn’t mean our hearts won’t race or our breath won’t feel tight. But we can find the courage to live our lives to the fullest. And be proud of everything we achieve.
If you’re looking for more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 51 Inspirational Breathe Quotes to Help Find Your Center
- 97 Short Quotes & Sayings to Inspire Your Life
- 63 Best Brené Brown Quotes on Vulnerability & Daring Greatly
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.