There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you find yourself worrying over other people’s opinions? Opinions of you. Of how you dress, what you’re eating for lunch or the car you drive to work.
Maybe you’re hesitant to speak out, in case your words are mispronounced, or out of context. And instead, sit quietly in the background, to avoid the awkward stares.
It may help to know that many of us struggle with the worry of other people. And feel it’s impossible to break free from the cycle of self-doubt.
But, by digging deep and finding the confidence that you so rightly own, you can get past this. And these unbothered quotes are a great first step towards doing so.
We all waste time on things we shouldn’t, like binge-watching a terrible TV series. Listening to our co-worker's latest drama. Or losing hours upon hours, scrolling through social media, knowing full well that there’s nothing of interest. We all do it!
And worrying about other people's opinions is just one more thing to add to that list. We allow them to impact on our lives. And even change how we behave.
Maybe you’ve gone on a crash diet because a relative made jokes about a few extra lbs at the family get-together. Or changed your in-car playlist because a colleague laughed at your music on the way to work. Little things that you felt compelled to change, because of someone else.
Of course, not everyone wants to run you down. But knowing who to cut ties with and when to focus on your own thoughts is essential for your well-being. Not everyone values the person you are. And not everyone brings a positive light to your life.
Their voices are the shackles that keep you from moving forward. That dampens your confidence; your self-belief. And leaves you standing in their shadows.
These people have no regard for you and how you’re feeling. Their only concern is themselves. And what they can gain from bringing you down.
But learning to be unbothered will cut the emotional tether. And this is the single most important thing you can do for yourself. To stop giving them your time, and instead, spend it doing things that make you happy.
So let’s jump in with these unbothered quotes. And see how different things can be when you let your confidence shine.
- “I’m so unbothered and that’s what bothers people.” – Unknown
- “Inner peace begins when you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Unknown
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn't try to convince. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn't need others' approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Laozi
- “Don’t waste your time and energy on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing to say is nothing at all.” – Unknown
- “Overthinking will destroy your happiness and your mood. It'll make everything worse than it actually is. Take a deep breath, exhale and have faith. What's meant to be will be.” – Unknown
Overthinking will destroy your happiness and your mood. It'll make everything worse than it actually is. Take a deep breath, exhale and have faith. What's meant to be will be.” – Unknown
- “Take a deep breath, exhale, and have faith. What’s meant to be will be. You have to get to a point where your mood doesn’t shift based on the insignificant actions of someone else.” – Unknown
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “You have to get to a point where your mood doesn’t shift based on the insignificant actions of someone else.” – Unknown
- “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louise May Alcott
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks
- “Remain untouched by the bad around you.” – Unknown
- “Don’t hold grudges. Don’t let your heart be troubled by anything that makes it lose its peace. Stay calm and let go of what you can’t change. Be unbothered!” – Unknown
- “I thought about what you said, and I decided to remain unbothered.” – Unknown
- “I used to wanna protect my name in situations. Now I just want to protect my peace. So let whoever think whatever they want.” – Unknown
- “Calmness is the cradle of power.” – Josiah Gilbert Holland
- “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” – Mitch Albom
- “I’m always so unbothered, and I love it like I’m really out here living my best life.” – Unknown
- “The older you get, the lesser you are bothered by what others think.” – Ruskin Bond
- “I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Bernard Baruch
- “Inner peace begins when you choose not to let another person or event control your emotions. I used to wanna protect my name in situations. Now I just want to protect my peace. So let whoever thinks whatever they want.” – Unknown
- “Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
- “What could we accomplish if we knew we could not fail?” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” – Brian Tracey
- “Everything you do becomes successful when you are happy because you are at peace and nothing is bothering your mind.” – Unknown
Everything you do becomes successful when you are happy because you are at peace and nothing is bothering your mind.” – Unknown
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.” – i
- “I’m generally so unbothered and I love it like I’m truly around here carrying on with my best life.” – Unknown
- “I’ve never had problems letting people get to me, if you have no place in my heart, your words truly mean nothing to me.” – Unknown
- “The older you get, the more you understand how your conscience works. The biggest and only critic lives in your perception of people's perception of you rather than people's perception of you.” – Criss Jami
- “Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.” -Tina Fey
- “No name-calling truly bites deep unless, in some dark part of us, we believe it. If we are confident enough then it is just noise.” – Laurell K. Hamilton
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
- “Opportunity seldom rises with blood pressure.” – Jarod Kintz
- “Makin’ time for what matters to me; unbothered by everything else.” – Unknown
- “Confidence is knowing who you are and not changing it a bit because of someone’s version of reality is not your reality.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.” – Sally Field
- “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Keep calm and carry on.” – Unknown
- “Let others know that you’re perfectly happy with the way things are; too happy, in fact, to be bothered by what doesn’t really matter.” – Unknown
- “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” – Rob Liano
- “You have no control over other people's taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” –Tim Gunn
You have no control over other people's taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” –Tim Gunn
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
- “I don’t care what you think about me, I don’t think about you at all.” – Coco Chanel
- “I’m too busy being happy to be bothered by your judgment.” – Unknown
- “Stop overthinking. stop caring. start living.” – Kelly Stamps
- “I laugh at myself. I don't take myself completely seriously. I think that's another quality that people have to hold on to … you have to laugh, especially at yourself.” – Madonna
- “My dear, I don’t give a damn.” – Margaret Mitchell
- “I act like I’m unbothered, but deep down inside…I’m still unbothered.” – Unknown
- “The less you care, the happier you will be.” – Unknown
- “Unbothered always: today, tomorrow, and forever.” – Unknown
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
- “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Once you get a taste of peace, you’ll cut anybody off to keep it.” – Unknown
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
It’s human nature to judge. We all do it, especially when looking back through family photos to see hairstyles from the 70s!
But, from the wrong people, with the wrong intentions, those opinions can be hurtful. Learning to let go, to be unbothered, will undoubtedly lessen the impact. And allow you to live a happier life.
If you’re looking for more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 99 Paulo Coelho Quotes to Inspire, Uplift, and Make You Think
- 51 Do What Makes You Happy Quotes for 2023
- 91 Quotes About Perseverance Through Hard Times
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.