There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you ever had one of those conversations that started with a small, off-the-cuff comment… And somehow, it snowballed into an epic dance of inspiration and ideas?
The kind that's first mentioned with a smirk or a snigger, like children in the playground. And it ends with the two (or more) of you feeling ready to conquer the world.
If so, you hit the jackpot. You found someone to collaborate with. And you ran with it, like an African wild dog in the Savannas.
You found the flip side of your coin; the peanut butter to your jelly.
And that incredible connection is where the most successful teams come from.
“There is no I in team” – an undeniably iconic Michael Jordan quote. He understood the true essence of teamwork and how significant it was on the basketball court.
But let’s face it – most of us aren't tall enough (or more to the point, not talented enough) to slam dunk the ball. So, how does Jordan's statement fit into our lives?
Well, no matter how anti-people you might feel at times, we aren't meant to be self-sufficient beings. Instead, we need to rely on each other for support, guidance, and collaboration.
Think about it – there’s so much knowledge and information out there, that no single person can possibly know it all (despite what your annoying co-worker seems to think!)
We only have so much time to learn, and so much information we can absorb, which is why we need to rely on others to share their expertise and experiences with us.
By working together as a team, our voices become louder, our ideas more powerful, and our actions more impactful.
We’re heard as a holler and a whole, rather than a whisper in the background. And we can overcome any obstacle, conquer any challenge, and achieve any dream.
So if you’re lucky enough to have one of those world-conquering conversations with an unlikely ally, savor the moment. Bottle the inspiration like apple juice in the summer. And embrace the spirit of teamwork, starting with these collaboration quotes.
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T Washington
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napolean Hill
- “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
- “What's interesting about collaborations is the possibility for one plus one to equal three.” – Rei Kawakubo
- “Teamwork: Simply stated, it is less me and more we.” – Unknown
- “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “Many hands make light work.” – John Heywood
- “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa
- “Life is not a solo act. It's a huge collaboration, and we all need to assemble around us the people who care about us and support us in times of strife.” – Tim Gunn
- “Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
- “Alone we can do do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “Synergy – the bonus that is achieved when things work together harmoniously.” – Mark Twain
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
- “Teamwork is the secret that makes common people achieve uncommon results.” – Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
- “A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle.” – Proverb
- “Collaboration is like carbonation for fresh ideas. Working together bubbles up ideas you would not have come up with solo, which gets you further faster.” – Caroline Ghosn
- “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
- “With an enthusiastic team, you can achieve almost anything.” – Tahir Shah
- “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle
A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle
- “I never did anything alone. Whatever was accomplished in this country was accomplished collectively.” – Golda Meir
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “Collaboration is the best way to work. It's only way to work, really. Everyone's there because they have a set of skills to offer across the board.” – Antony Starr
- “A boat doesn’t go forward if each one is rowing their own way.” – Swahili Proverb
- “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
- “I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I sure can pick smart colleagues.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Teams are incredible things. No task is too great, no accomplishment too grand, no dream too far-fetched for a team. It takes teamwork to make the dream work.” – John Maxwell
- “Collaborate with people you can learn from.” – Pharrell
- “Collaboration is being open to each other's ideas and benefiting from each other's perspectives in an open way.” – Alan Menken
- “In union, there is strength.” – Aesop
- “It is amazing how much people can get done if they do not worry about who gets the credit.” – Sandra Swinney
- “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” – Charles Darwin
- “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority.” – Christine Caine
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
- “The biggest sources of opportunity are collaboration and partnership. And today, with digital communication, there is more of that everywhere. We need to expose ourselves to that as a matter of doing business.” – Mark Parker
The biggest sources of opportunity are collaboration and partnership. And today, with digital communication, there is more of that everywhere. We need to expose ourselves to that as a matter of doing business.” – Mark Parker
- “A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of give and take.” – Barbara Glacel
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
- “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “We're a team. It's part of our job to help each other out, and to forgive each other quickly. Otherwise, we'd never get anything done.” – Jeramey Kraatz
- “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford
- “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “What separates the good players from a great player is that a great player is willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “When you need to innovate, you need collaboration.” – Marissa Mayer
- “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall
- “A team is not a group of people who work together but a team is a group of people who trust each other.” – Simon Sinek
- “Collaboration is a key part of the success of any organization, executed through a clearly defined vision and mission and based on transparency and constant communication.” – Dinesh Paliwal
- “Creating a better world requires teamwork, partnerships and collaboration, as we need an entire army of companies to work together to build a better world within the next few decades. This means corporations must embrace the benefits of cooperating together.” – Simon Mainwaring
- “As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people's ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people's ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
- “Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” – Vesta M. Kelly
- “The whole point of collaboration is that you give and take from each other, and that's how you create things that are totally new.” – Virgil Abloh
- “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
- “One finger cannot lift a pebble.” – Hopi proverb
- “Collaboration has no hierarchy. The Sun collaborates with soil to bring flowers on the earth.” – Amit Ray
If “Teamwork makes the dream work”, we should all find someone, or even, some people, to collaborate with. Because dreams are always worth chasing. And together, the journey is so much more rewarding.
When we collaborate with others, we open ourselves up to new ideas, perspectives, and support. We realize our true strengths and allow others to fill the gaps from our weaknesses.
So let’s embrace teamwork. And focus on what we can do together.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 100 Inspirational You Are Amazing Quotes
- 35 Famous Aristotle Quotes & Sayings to Apply to Your Life
- 100 Comfort Zone Quotes to Push Your Personal Boundaries
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.