There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Connections are an invisible and indisputable fact of life.
In today’s post, we’ll be diving into the importance of connection and providing you with a curated list of connection quotes to start joining some neurons to the concept in your mind.
So, if you’re curious about connection and want to understand a little more about the invisible details and links that bind us all together then you’re in the right place! However, before we get to the quotes let's delve a little bit into this idea of “connection” and its profoundness.
In many ways, our entire society is founded on the ideas of science and rational thinking, and this is by no means a bad thing.
Our knowledge of everything has accelerated so rapidly that our standard of living is unrecognizable from people living perhaps only a few decades ago, and despite how things may look now, humanity's future is most likely optimistic.
However, there is always a cost to anything, and modern society has distanced itself from the ancient knowledge of connection.
Science gets things done by separation and breaking down, but life works by a series of almost infinite connections with an origin that’s almost impossible to understand.
To put this in another way – if there were no trees or plants to produce oxygen then what use would your lungs be? Connections run right through everything you can think of, who you are today is connected with your past and what you’ll be tomorrow depends on your present.
Understanding connections brings us in tune with life in a way that’s almost impossible to describe in words. One of the main “goals” of enlightenment, for example, is to experience all of the connections that make life tick.
In many ways, humans have forgotten that we are just a “piece of this planet” and with it have come a host of psychological problems.
So, to help bring you back in tune with what you already know deep down, we’ve put together this compilation of connection quotes to bring you back in touch with the most indisputable law of reality.
- “Everywhere was connected to everywhere else, Pismire had said.” – Terry Pratchett
- “Invisible threads are the strongest ties.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “We were as twinn’d lambs that did frisk i’ the sun, And bleat the one at the other: what we changed Was innocence for innocence;” – William Shakespeare
- “Scale up your love! Why only love one person when you can fall in love with the whole universe.” – Sadhguru
- “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon
- “Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo DaVinci
- “To see things in the seed, that is genius.” – Lao Tzu
- “Pay attention. It's all about paying attention. attention is vitality. It connects you with others. It makes you eager. stay eager.” – Susan Sontag
- “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.” – Herman Melville
- “The most important things in life are the connections you make with others.” – Tom Ford
- “In order to master a field, you must love the subject and feel a profound connection to it. Your interest must transcend the field itself and border on the religious.” – Robert Greene
- “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.” – William James
- “Our ancient experience confirms at every point that everything is linked together, everything is inseparable.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “Any fact becomes important when it's connected to another.” – Umberto Eco
- “With our divine connection we are always in touch with the solutions we are seeking.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Isvara is the Sanskrit word for pure awareness, and is represented by the sound of OM, the universal vibration that connects us all.” – Patanjali
- “When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him. In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
- “All is connected… no one thing can change by itself.” – Paul Hawken
- “I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.” – Brené Brown
- “Healing yourself is connected with healing others.” – Yoko Ono
- “Nia learned that our self-identity and connection to our roots is so powerful it can impact not only the course of our lives but also that of generations to come.” – Jenny Delacruz
- “Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.” Paulo Coelho
- “The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
- “We hunger for connection but take pride in being distant.” – Turcois Ominek
- “All things are connected like the blood that unites us. We do not weave the web of life, we are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.” – Chief Seattle
- “The business of business is relationships; the business of life is human connection.” – Robin Sharma
- “Whatever is rejected from the self, appears in the world as an event.” – Carl Gustav Jung
- “If empathy is the skill or ability to tap into our own experiences in order to connect with an experience someone is relating to us, compassion is the willingness to be open to this process.” – Bene Brown
- “Politics isn’t won by commanding the facts, but by connecting with people’s experiences.” – Milo Yiannopoulos
- “The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers & cities; but to know someone who thinks & feels with us, & who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.” – Goethe
The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers & cities; but to know someone who thinks & feels with us, & who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.” – Goethe
- “Yea! I have seen! I see! Lord! all is wrapped in Thee!” – Prince Arjuna
- “Understanding and connection can transcend conflict.” – Marshall B. Rosenberg
- “Sometimes, reaching out and taking someone's hand is the beginning of a journey. At other times, it is allowing another to take yours.” – Vera Nazarian
- “The same substance composes us–the tree overhead, the stone beneath us, the bird, the beast, the star–we are all one, all moving to the same end.” – P.L. Travers
- “Frequently consider the connection of all things in the universe.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Our connection with our intuitive self is ever present and always a part of ourselves.” – James Van Praagh
- “When we know ourselves to be connected to all others, acting compassionately is simply the natural thing to do. ” – Rachel Naomi Remen
- “You cannot connect with anyone except through reality.” – Stefan Molyneux
- “Communication is merely an exchange of information, but connection is an exchange of our humanity.” – Sean Stephenson
- “Connection with yourself only comes in moments of silence.” – Bryant McGill
- “The drama of love is all about this hunger for safe emotional connection, a survival imperative we experience from the cradle to the grave. Loving connection is the only safety nature ever offers us.” – Sue Johnson
- “People can't be just tied together. They have to connect. Otherwise, they'll find themselves bound hand and foot.” – Ai Yazawa
- “Like a well-oiled machine, we’ve all been connected since the beginning of time through a beautiful, mystical process of unity.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
- “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world” – John Muir
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.” – Thomas Merton
- “Bid for connection: Each of our daily interactions with another person.” – John M. Gottman
- “There’s the poor little mouse eating her nightly supper in the humble corner where I’ve put out a little delight-plate full of cheese and chocolate candy (for my days of killing mice are over).” – Jack Kerouac
- “It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tired into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one destiny, affects all indirectly.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Eventually everything connects – people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se.” – Charles Eames
- “A hidden connection is stronger than an obvious one.” – Heraclitus
- “People leave traces of themselves where they feel most comfortable, most worthwhile.” – Haruki Murakami
- ″Keep looking at her long enough. One day you might see someone you know.″ – Jerry Spinelli
- “In a world of algorithms, hastags and followers, know the true importance of human connection.” – Unknown
- “Laughter is more than just a pleasurable activity…When people laugh together, they tend to talk and touch more and to make eye contact more frequently.” – Gretchen Rubin
- “The past is the present, isn’t it? It’s the future too.” – Eugene O’Neill
That brings us to the end of the compilation of connection quotes. We hope that these help you understand and help shift your perspective on just how closely linked just about everything is in existence – it’s truly remarkable and can completely change how you view the entirety of life.
Becoming open to more connection takes a lot of trust – so have a look at these 111 affirmations to trust others (and yourself) if you want to develop more of this in your life.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 55 I’m Here for You Quotes to Say to a Loved One
- 101 Soulmate Quotes: Sayings for Your One True Love
- 57 Self-Awareness Quotes to Know Yourself Better
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.