There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Are you looking for some words of encouragement that you can say to a friend in need?
If so, you’ve landed on the right page! This post will give you a list of encouraging statements that you can use to help a friend get back up on their feet. We carefully crafted these words so we can help you positively lift a friend’s mood and spirit.
But before we proceed, let us share with you our thoughts on why you should speak words of encouragement.
Why Say Words of Encouragement?
Words of encouragement generate trust and confidence between people. In addition to motivating and inspiring, they also help strengthen relationships and improve communication. They cultivate feelings of acceptance and belonging.
Speaking words of encouragement is a great way to open up your heart to another and allow them to believe in you. It is an act of touching another person’s soul and creating a space where you can both be comfortable.
Most importantly, words of encouragement help you lend your strength to others. You may not be able to help them physically, but through powerful and meaningful words, you can be a pillar they can hold on to when everything falls apart.
To help you start spreading strength and happiness, here is a set of encouraging messages you can share!
85 Words of Encouragement for a Friend in Need
- You might not believe in yourself, but know and remember that I believe in you. I always have and I always will.
- Who cares about the storm? Don’t worry. I can’t make it stop, but I can always hold your umbrella.
- Cheer up, my friend. God gave you those problems because He knows you are strong enough to handle and overcome them.
- If you fall, I’ll pick you up. If I can’t pick you up, then I’ll just lie down and rest with you. Let’s get back to the top together.
- I realize that I am indeed a very lucky person. I’ve been blessed with the most wonderful people in my life, and that includes you.
- It’s tough now, but I believe that there is a brighter future waiting for us. You’ll get through this. Trust me.
- Your mistakes and failures don’t define who you are. Believe you can, and you’ll eventually get there. I’ll be there to hold you up.
- Whatever you do, remember that you are not alone. No matter what happens, I’ve always got your back.
Whatever you do, remember that you are not alone. No matter what happens, I’ve always got your back.”
- My friend, always remember that you are important and worthy of everything good in this world.
- Rest if you must; we’re not in a hurry. You can’t always function the way people expect you to.
- I won’t ask you to act now if you don’t feel like it. I’ll stay by your side and wait until you are ready and choose to fight again.
- Did you know that you are like magic? Good things come whenever you’re around.
- Here’s what you need to remember: You are enough and you are wonderful, even on those days you feel broken and shattered.
- It may seem that things are hopeless right now, but I know that there’s so much more in store for your future.
- You’ve always been a fighter, so I know that you’ll get through this. Don’t lose that strength; don’t let go of that bravery.
- You are bold and courageous. You are important. No one can tell you otherwise.
- Do you know where I get my strength? From you. Your dedication is what encourages me to be the best version of myself.
- Whatever you do and whatever you choose, I will always be proud of you. Don’t put yourself down.
- You are the writer of your story, and you decide your own destiny. No matter what happens, I believe you will always have the power to endure.
- Do you know how valuable you are? You are a gift not just to me and the people around you, but to the whole world.
- Let go of what is hurting you. Don’t hang on to something that just keeps on dragging you down. You have me, your other friends, and your family. Hold on to us.
- The best is yet to come, so sit up straight and stop the tears. Whatever is happening right now is not the end.
- I always knew that you could do anything. After all, you are smart and ambitious. Cheer up, buddy! Nothing can stop us now.
- It’s okay to feel down today, and perhaps even tomorrow. But always remember that you are a champion. You are amazing—never forget that.
It’s okay to feel down today, and perhaps even tomorrow. But always remember that you are a champion. You are amazing—never forget that.”
- Words can’t describe how proud of you I am. I am happiest whenever someone praises you, my friend.
- Good things come to those who wait. This is just a chapter in your life and not the whole story. Hang on a little—I’ll be with you through everything.
- Let me know if you can’t see the light anymore. I will buy a whole bunch of bulbs for you.
- My friend, there are so many beautiful reasons to fight for life and happiness. Keep going. Let’s fight together.
- We all experience bad days; we all have to deal with our inner demons. When you feel like there’s nothing you can do about it, know that you can always depend on me for support.
- Don’t lose faith. It can be really hard to keep going at times, especially when you don’t have enough motivation. But despite that, we should still keep our heads up.
- Don’t thinking that there’s nothing to live for. Our friends, your family, and you—your existence alone—are all worth living for.
- Hard times hit us all, but we survive by being strong. I don’t worry about you—you’re a strong and amazing person.
- Think of this as just another lesson that you need to learn. Life is tough, but so are you. You can’t let it defeat you.
- We’ve been friends for a long time, and I know that no one can stop you from winning. So don’t back down. I’ve got your back.
- Don’t doubt your accomplishments. You succeeded because you worked hard for it. You are here because you deserve to be.
- I know you didn’t expect this news, but I want you to know that I’ve got you, and no matter what happens, you won’t face it alone.
- It’s been a really rough time for you, and I can see you are hurting. Don’t lose hope – you’ve got this.
- Nobody ever thinks they’ll walk through deep water like you’re doing now, but I can see you walking without sinking. You are amazing.
- Everyone who knows you, loves you. We are in awe of how strong you are and how your resilience carries you and all of us.
- It’s never easy to lead when others will only follow, but you are a natural leader, and you carry the burden with pride. Keep your chin up.
It’s never easy to lead when others will only follow, but you are a natural leader, and you carry the burden with pride. Keep your chin up.”
- Not a day goes by that I am not impressed with you. Your heart and courage are more than what we can ever know, and you will rise above this.
- “This too shall pass,” and while there will probably be more bumps in the road after that, you will always land on your feet.
- It’s easy to get back on the horse; it’s the challenge of taming that horse. So carry on, cowboy (or cowlady), you’ve got this.
- I have no words to tell you how sorry I am that you have been through such a challenging time, but I know you will come out on top. Nothing can get you down.
- Where do you hide those butterfly wings that you keep rising above difficulty with? You are an inspiration.
- There may be no pause button on life, but I know you can hit the play button because you aren’t a quitter.
- When life gives you lemons, it’s time to buy some lemon vodka, so I’m drinking to you, 'cause you’re sure to bounce back.
- Chin up, guard up, and walk up – no matter the disaster or storm!
- You may think today was a failure, but it’s not. It’s prep work for the real challenge, and you’re sure to be the victor.
- Your grief is something that you’ll always carry, but you do so with pride. It’s your humanity, and also your reminder to take each day as it comes.
- Just letting you know that you’re awesome, you’re going to get through this, and you’re my hero always.
- It’s going to be okay. While it hurts now, you will recover, and you will get through this.
- Do you feel like it’s getting too much? Just stop, breathe, hug yourself, and carry on!
- The book of life isn’t written yet. Today, you had a bad chapter, but the rest of the book is yours to write. Time to turn the page.
- It’s hard to see a silver lining when you’re in the cloud. But soon, the clouds will clear, and you’ll see the sun again.
- Bravery and courage are hard-won, but they’re yours now. Nothing will ever break you again.
Bravery and courage are hard-won, but they’re yours now. Nothing will ever break you again.
- My dearest friend, if I could carry the burden for you, I would. But we each carry what we must, and step-by-step, we reach the end of the journey.
- Loss is what defines us. It cuts us until we become who we were meant to be, but you can choose how to sew yourself together again. One stitch at a time, and you stand tall again.
- Life is a ladder, and while you’ve fallen a few rungs, you are still hanging on. Now start climbing, my friend.
- You may wish you could erase the last few days, but it all has meaning. You are stronger because of it.
- Losing a loved one is always devastating. Take as much time as you need to grieve, and I am here when you want to talk.
- When you feel that days are unbearable, remember that you are truly able to overcome everything.
- We have two feet, so we can catch ourselves if we stumble, and we have friends to help us up when we fall. Take my hand.
- I believe in you. Nothing will overcome you.
- As long as you can breathe, you have the power to persevere. Time to inhale.
- If you feel like you can’t see the way, trust your feet. If you can’t trust the way, feel with your heart. Trust yourself.
- This has been a serious blow, but you are still incredibly capable, and nothing can slow you down, except your doubt. Trust who you are.
- Did you want this to happen? No. Can you get through it? Absolutely. Do you walk alone? Never.
- Keep swimming and you’ll never drown.
- Please know that I am hugging you with my prayers and sending you all my love.
- It may hurt now, but you will get through this stronger and wiser. You’re an amazing learner.
- You may not understand what or why this happened, but in time, you will shine through like a beacon.
You may not understand what or why this happened, but in time, you will shine through like a beacon. “
- Dreams never end. You just need to keep dreaming with all your heart.
- Letting go is never easy. Carry on with your head high.
- Know that you are so deserving and worthy of all the love and luck you need.
- Your wings aren’t broken, so you just need to dry them out and fly again.
- Carry the light within – you are always bright.
- It may feel like your world just ended, but it hasn’t. You are still you, and you will overcome.
- Only two words for you, friend: never quit.
- I won’t leave you alone until I see a smile on your lips – even if it’s a weary one.
- The world may have rolled over you today, but don’t lose heart. Just roll on back.
- I see you, dear friend. I’ll walk this road with you.
- It’s time to burn that bridge, and I’ve got the matches when you’re ready.
- You may feel like you’re face down in the dirt, but that’s where our roots form. Grow strong, my friend.
- It’s not about winning. It’s about doing your best. You do your best, so do you win, no matter what.
Final Thoughts on Words of Encouragement for a Friend
Sharing words of encouragement is important, especially when you understand that the situation is heavy. Those words need to feel authentic and genuine in order to provide support.
When you encourage your friends and loved ones, do so with your whole heart. You may never know the impact you are having, but it makes a difference.
And if you want more positive words of encouragement, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 161 Inspirational Words of Encouragement to Motivate You or a Friend
- 129 Words of Encouragement for Someone with Anxiety
- 31 Words of Encouragement to Comfort Someone with Depression