There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Feeling a bit overwhelmed by too many bad days?
People often say that we should always start our day with a smile. If you think about it, starting the day with a happy feeling makes the whole day at least bearable, if not downright wonderful!
No matter how you use them, we hope that they can help you feel a little bit happier.
But before we proceed to our list, let’s first discuss why telling yourself and others to have a great day can have a significant impact.
(Side note: Want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life? Then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success).
What You Will Learn
Why Do You Need to Say, “Have a Great Day?”
No matter what problems may come your way, putting on a smile every morning and telling yourself that you will have a good day can have a positive effect on your mood. It doesn’t just boost your energy, but it also helps you eliminate stress and undesired negative emotions.
Similarly, telling someone else to have a great day can have a positive effect on them too. Imagine receiving such a greeting from someone else—wouldn’t that make you feel happy and cared for? Simply smiling and saying, “Good morning” can brighten someone’s mood. Think how much more of an effect you can have if you wish them a nice day!
Let’s check out our quotes!
- “I get up every morning and it's going to be a great day. You never know when it's going to be over so I refuse to have a bad day.” – Paul Henderson
- “A great attitude is like a perfect cup of coffee – don’t start your day without it.” – Unknown
- “You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. The bad days make you realize what a good day is. If you never had any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment!” – Aly Raisman
- “When you're wide awake, say it for goodness sake, it's gonna be a great day.” – Paul McCartney
- “It’s a great day to be alive. I know the sun’s still shining when I close my eyes.” – Travis Tritt
- “I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that.” – Gillian Anderson
- “We don't “have” a great day, we “make it” a great day!” – Frosty Westering
- “A good day is a good day. A bad day is a good story.” – Glennon Melton
- “I have learned over the years that the nicest thing I can do is to just say to myself, “Good Morning Darling, I love you; we're going to have a really great day today.” – Louise Hay
- “Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate.” – Amit Ray
- “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” – Prince
- “It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry James
- “Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start off with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, ‘It's going to be a good day!'.” – Lindsay Lohan
- “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono
- “Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning.” – Jennifer Coletta
“Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning.” – Jennifer Coletta
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Today is your day, your mountain is waiting. So get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
- “You’re going to struggle. You’re going to do well. You can’t really let the past or the day before – whether you had a good day or bad day – dictate the day you have that certain day.” – Andrew Benintendi
- “A day is a day. It’s just a measurement of time. Whether it’s a good day or a bad day is up to you. It’s all a matter of perception.” – Donald L. Hicks
- “Every single day is a good day no matter how bright or dark it is because it always brings an opportunity to start a positive beginning in your life.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “I am grateful for being alive today. It is my joy and pleasure to live another wonderful day.” – Louise Hay
- “Any day above ground is a good day. Before you complain about anything, be thankful for your life and the things that are still going well.” – Germany Kent
- “A broken wing simply means, you have to find another way to fly. Have a wonderful day people.” – Kerry Katona
- “Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.” – Jurgen Klopp
- “I think a day in your life on which nothing bad happens may be a wonderful day, but it probably isn’t going to be the basis of a story.” – Alice Mattison
- “A lot of good days… makes a great life! Each day is important. Plan and execute it meticulously.” – Manoj Arora
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
“Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Take each good day and relish each moment. Take each bad day and work to make it good.” – Lisa Dado
- “None of us know what will happen. Don’t spend time worrying about it. Make the most beautiful thing you can. Try to do that every day. That’s it.” – Laurie Anderson
- “I pray quite a bit, actually. And even if you don't believe in prayer, just have a go. Pray for a good day, or just pray for your friend, or whatever it might be. And it's amazing, man, 'cause it absolutely works. I guarantee, it genuinely does work.” – Rob Halford
- “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “On a good day, when you have a clear plan, you are able to execute whatever you wanted.” – Jasprit Bumrah
- “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” – Miles Davis
- “Some days are just bad days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that's just the way it is!” – Dita Von Teese
- “Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun's shining or not.” – Marty Robbins
Final Words on Have a Great Day Quotes
“Have a great day” is a pretty simple statement. It doesn’t contain flowery words or figurative language. However, it can be as powerful as a hug or a pat on the back.
Tell yourself and others to have a good day, even if the circumstances are a bit rough. You’ll be surprised at the effect doing so can have!
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.