There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Ready to rumble? Let’s take a look at how to bring forth our inner bruiser.
When life starts throwing around some hard knocks, sometimes you just have to bear with the punches and treat it like a challenging boxing match.
So, in today’s post, we’ll be summoning some of our best fighter quotes to kindle the fires of motivation and prepare you to outlast any competition, because when times are tough, then simply getting through is a worthy victory.
What You Will Learn
Everyone admires a fighter, whether that’s an athlete involved in competitive martial arts or a grandparent that stubbornly refuses to bow to the limitations of age. There’s something about the fighter that draws out respect from those around them, and the best thing is, with the right encouragement, you can also fight whatever is holding you back.
Whether your struggles are internal – which could manifest as low confidence, or maybe even a health concern or it could be external – such as worries about family and work, or perhaps summoning the courage to stand up to a bully – fighter quotes can help you by putting you in close touch with your inner gladiator.
When you picture a fighter what image comes to mind? For me, the iconic pose of Muhammed Ali standing over Sonny Liston exemplifies the fighter perfectly, but there are more realistic, everyday examples for us to follow.
All around us, there are people who struggle with their own demons every day, whether it’s a farmer working from sun up until sundown, or a nurse working in incredibly challenging conditions to provide health care.
There will be examples from your very own past that show that you’re a fighter as well – have you ever stood up for anyone? Defied a bully? Perhaps you worked nonstop on a challenging project, or you do what you can to provide for your family. Nothing exemplifies the fighter more than just showing up and facing your challenges head-on.
When you reflect on your own past and see the points where you didn’t back down, it’ll make harnessing the inner fighter much easier.
- “The best fighter is never angry.” – Lao Tzu
- “Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last.” – Ronda Rousey
- “I wanna say thank you cause: Makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder. makes me that much wiser. so thanks for making me a fighter!” – Christina Aguilera
- “The fighter who give their all will be around next year. Don’t save anything. Give it all you got.” – George Foreman
- “Fight for your dreams, and your dreams will fight for you.” – Paulo Coelho
- “I’m a fighter. I’m a survivor, and I’ll get through anything people can throw at me.” – John Daly
- “The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of the world but those who fight and win battles that others do not know anything about.” – Jonathan Harnisch
- “Martial arts is like a mountain. You see the top. And you hike and you climb, and you finally reach the peak, and you realize it was a false summit, and in front of you lies an entirely new mountain range.” – Robert Owens
- “To win any battle, you must fight as if you are already dead.” – Miyamoto Musashi
- “I’m a fighter, not a quitter.” – Peter Mandelson
- “A fighter can be a winner, but that doesn't make a winner a fighter.” – Markus Zusak
- “Where there is preparation, there is no fear.” – Hwang Lee
- “Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming.” – Tom Hiddleston
“Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming.” – Tom Hiddleston
- “You recognize a survivor when you see one. You recognize a fighter when you see one.” – Elizabeth Edwards
- “I'm not a leader now. I'm a whole damn army.” – Joss Whedon
- “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee
- “Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” – Ayn Rand
- “You might win some, you might lose some. But you go in, you challenge yourself, you become a better man, a better individual, a better fighter.” – Conor McGregor
- “. . . the sole aim of Okinawa Karate is to teach A person to handle violence and violent individuals; whether it is tactile, mental or spiritual” – Soke Behzad Ahmadi
- “Imagine if every child learned the respect, courtesy, and discipline that martial arts teaches. The world would be a different place.” – Chris Wahmond
- “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” Muhammad Ali
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.” – Sun Tzu
- Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher.” – Unknown
- “If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.” – Joe Lewis
- “I’ve always been a fighter. If you tell me I can’t, I’ll die trying to prove you wrong.” – R. A. Salvatore
- “Force has no place where there is need of skill.” – Herodotus
- “I’ve always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there’s only a slightest chance.” – Michael Schumacher
“I’ve always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there’s only a slightest chance.” – Michael Schumacher
- “Train with the energy of a warrior and soon you will have the heart of a warrior.” – Shifu Yan Lei
- “Instead of fighting the darkness, you bring in the light.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Don’t fight forces, use them.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
- “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Everybody you fight is not your enemy and everybody who helps you is not your friend.” – Mike Tyson
- “Oh yeah, I mean every fighter has got be dedicated, learn how to sacrifice, know what the devotion is all about, make sure you’re paying attention and studying your art.” – Marvin Hagler
- “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.” – Kobe Bryant
- “There comes a time when you have to drop your burdens in order to fight for yourself and your dreams.” – Les Brown
- “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.” – Lance Armstrong
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.” – Lance Armstrong
- “Be motivated like the falcon, hunt gloriously. Be magnificent as the leopard, fight to win. Spend less time with nightingales and peacocks. One is all talk, the other only color.” – Rumi
- “You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting for something. To do otherwise is to settle.” – Julien Smith
- “Something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting.” – Barack Obama
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “When the going gets tough, put one foot in front of the other and just keep going. Don’t give up.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “There’s a storm inside of us, a burning river, a drive. You push yourself further than anyone could think possible. You are never out of the fight.” – Marcus Luttrell
- “Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
No matter what challenges you face you always have the option to face them and fight through them as hard as you can. We hope that these fighter quotes give you the motivation to crush the obstacles on your way to success.
Becoming a fighter is all about taking charge of a situation, check out this resource to learn more – proactive vs reactive: 5 differences & how to be more proactive.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.