There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
You may be feeling a little down lately. Like everything seems to fall apart, and you feel unmotivated in everything you do. Maybe it’s time to read some positivity quotes!
Once there was a man who dreamed of changing the world. He wanted to be on top – the very best among the best. He wanted to be successful in his field of expertise, and so he made that dream happen.
But achieving the dream was not easy. He had to make sacrifices, and face so many difficult challenges. He had to be strong enough to overcome all the obstacles and fears.
How did he do this?
It’s simple, actually. He threw away all the negativity and started embracing just positivity. He made it a point to always be happy despite the universe always slapping him on the face, saying that he will never make it.
Do you know who this man is?
He was a man named Steve Jobs. He is also called Jack Ma. Sometimes, people call him Barack Obama. There are moments when they call her a girl – Maya Angelou, Mother Teresa, or Oprah Winfrey. He / She hides in every successful name you know.
But hey, did you know that he also hides in you? Indeed, this person who can only embrace positivity in times of distress is in you. You just have to unleash him.
If you're interested in increasing your happiness by embracing positivity, I recommend the book Happier Human. It features 53 research-backed positive habits that make you happier when applied in your life.
In this post, we have gathered 133 positivity quotes that can help you stay motivated during the most provoking challenges. These words, even if just words, can support and comfort you so you can get back on your feet, and turn the odds in your favor.
First, we give you a list of positivity quotes about life. Aside from motivation, these simple everyday life quotes can bring you happiness and joy in the midst of a raging storm.
Have you ever heard of positive thinking? Mayo Clinic reports that positive thinking brings a myriad of benefits. These include lower levels of stress, stronger immunity, and even an increase in your life span.
Maybe you don’t realize it yet, but the power of positivity can actually help you live your life to the fullest.
Positivity Quotes about Life
- “When you think positive, good things happen.” – Matt Kemp
- “A positive attitude causes a chain of reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” – Wade Boggs
- “I truly believe in positive synergy, that your positive mind set gives you a more hopeful outlook, and belief that you can do something great means you will do something great.” – Russell Wilson
- “Life is tough, and things don’t always work out well, but we should be brave and go on with our lives.” – Suga
- “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
- “Sometimes, we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.”
- “If you see the world and yourself through a lens smudged by negativity, then you’ll find much misery. If you look outwards and inwards through lens brightened by positivity you’ll find much to be happy and appreciative about.” – Henrik Edberg
- “It makes a big difference in your life when you stay positive.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “It’s amazing. Life changes very quickly, in a very positive way, if you let it.” – Lindsey Vonn
- “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to grow externally.” – Hannah Bronfman
- “Be fanatically positive and militantly optimistic. If something is not your liking, change your liking.” – Rick Steves
- “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
- “Kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you’ll never go wrong.” – Babe Ruth
- “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” – Joseph Campbell
- “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.” – Pat Riley
- “The less you respond to negative people, the more positive your life will become.” – Paulo Coelho
- “It doesn’t matter what cards you’re dealt. It’s what you do with those cards. Never complain. Just keep pushing forward. Find a positive in anything and just fight for it.” – Baker Mayfield
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addai
- “Believe deep down in your heart that you’re destined to do great things.” – Joe Paterno
- “You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere.” – Jane Austen
- “One small positive thought can change your whole day.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.”
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “The world you desire can be won. It exists… it is real… it is possible. It’s yours.” – Ayn Rand
- “One small positive thought can change your whole day.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.” – Ray Kroc
- “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
- “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
- “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” – Michael Jordan
These inspiring quotes I have mentioned above are not just there to uplift your spirit whenever you’re feeling down. You can use them every day to remind yourself that life, no matter how tough, can get better once you believe that it will.
Having a positive outlook on life can make you happy, in general. When you’re always happy, negative thoughts can never destroy you.
This brings us to our second set of positivity quotes. To be able to achieve that dream of yours, you need to embrace positivity even in your workplace. How can you love life when you can’t love the work that you do?
Positivity in the workplace doesn’t just affect your performance. It also helps your colleagues, subordinates, and even your superiors. When you have a positive attitude in the workplace, everything seems to just fall in its proper place.
Positivity Quotes for Work
- “While you’re going through this process of trying to find the satisfaction in your work, pretend you feel satisfied. Tell yourself you had a good day. Walk through the corridors with a smile rather than a scowl. Your positive energy will radiate. If you act like you’re having fun, you’ll find you are having fun.” – Jean Chatzky
- “The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.” – Deepika Padukone
- “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” – Charles Dickens
- “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.” – G.K. Nelson
- “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
- “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110% all the time.” – Don Zimmer
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” – Leah Labelle
- “The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe that it is possible.” – Charles Kingsleigh
- “Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it – but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor.” – Oliver Wendell Homes
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.” – Malcolm Gladwell
- “Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best part of the day.” – George Allen, Sr.
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do.”
- “Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren’t sure which may to do something, do it both ways and see which works better.” – John Carmack
- “Don’t be afraid of hard work. Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Don’t let others discourage you or tell you that you can’t do it.” – Gertrude B. Elion
- “When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt.” – Henry J. Kaiser
- “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
- “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible; and suddenly, you are doing the impossible.” – Saint Francis
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- “Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.” – Frank Ocean
- “It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
- “Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish.” – Brad Henry
- “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!” – Brian Tracy
- “The harder you work for something you love, the more meaningful your life becomes.”
- “Happiness is the real sense of fulfilment that comes from hard work.” – Joseph Barbara
Whether you’re a hardworking employee, a generous boss, or one that works in the comfort of his home, staying positive can help a lot in creating a joyful environment in the workplace.
Despite all the deadlines, business failures, industry challenges, maintaining a positive outlook on life will help you get through all the obstacles. Moreover, it can keep you productive, that no matter happens, you’ll always end up accomplishing many things at the end of the day.
Now, our last set of quotes is a combination of having a positive outlook in life and a positive approach in the workplace – achieving success!
If the quotes mentioned above can’t drive your urge enough, the following inspiring quotes of success from great people might be able to. These positive quotes for tough times, when everything seems to fall apart, are all what you need so you can keep fighting the game.
Positivity Quotes for Success
- “We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “The real test is not whether you avoid failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
- “Living our life deeply and with happiness, having time to care for our loved ones – this is another kind of success, another kind of power, and it is much more important.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “We all naturally want to become successful… we also want to take shortcuts. And it’s easy to do so, but you can never take away the effort of hard work and discipline and sacrifice.” – Apolo Ohno
- “The world doesn’t always give you what you want, but it often gives you what you need.” – Naval Ravikant
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
- “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
- “Desire is the key to motivation, but it is determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from no and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” – Shiv Khera
- “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take them closer to the fulfilment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.” – Jack Canfield
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Success is about doing the right thing, not about doing everything right.” – Gary Keller
- “To be successful, you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” – Mike Gafka
- “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.”
- “When you fail, that is when you get closer to success.” – Stephen Richards
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good for the great.” – John Rockefeller
- “Your limitation – it’s only your imagination.”
- “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” – Brian Tracy
Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” – Brian Tracy
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
- “Be brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.”
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Train your mind to see the good in every situation.” – Unknown
- “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” –Thomas S. Monson
More Positivity Quotes
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Write it in your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A positive atmosphere nurtures a positive attitude, which is required to take positive action.” – Richard M. DeVos
- “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.” – Bonnie Blair
- “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
- “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
- “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
- “When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Winning is fun, but those moments that you can touch someone’s life in a very positive way are better.” – Tim Howard
- “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Francesca Reigler
- “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – Les Brown
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
- “Every day may not be good… but there’s something good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
- “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.” – Carl Rogers
- “Be so happy that, when other people look at you, they become happy too.” – Anonymous
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.” – Deep Roy
- “To live a fulfilled life, we need to keep creating the ‘what is next’, of our lives. Without dreams and goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here.” – Mark Twain
- “The moment where you doubt you can fly, you cease for ever being able to do it.” – Peter Pan J.M. Barrie
- “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
- “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” – Dalai Lama
- “Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…to leave the world a better place…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Staying positive does not mean everything will turn out okay. Rather, it means you will be okay no matter how things turn out.” – Unknown
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
- “Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” – Madam C.J Walker
- “Always work hard and have fun in what you do because I think that's when you're more successful. You have to choose to do it.” – Simone Biles
- “When your dreams are bigger than the places you find yourself in, sometimes you need to seek out your own reminders that there is more. And there is always more waiting for you on the other side of fear.” – Elaine Welteroth
- “I don't harp on the negative because if you do, then there's no progression. There's no forward movement. You got to always look on the bright side of things, and we are in control. Like, you have control over the choices you make.” – Taraji P. Henson
Final Thoughts on Positivity Quotes
No matter what life throws at you, you have to hit back harder. How do you do that? Let go of the negative things and embrace the positive ones.
Clasp into the idea of success, and keep in mind that you were always meant to do great things. No successful man or woman became successful by clinging on to their negative thoughts.
But to become successful, you need to be contended as well of what you have. That’s where happiness comes from – from wanting what you get and getting what you want. Once you learn this art of gratitude and contentment, success shall come as natural.
Do these positivity quotes resonate with you? Or have you been feeling a little down lately that these quotes made you feel a bit better? We’d love to hear your story, so feel free to share it in the comment section below!
If you can relate to any of the quotes, or if you like any of the images in this post, feel free to share it through your favorite social media platform. That will be highly appreciated!
Stay positive and don’t break down for too long. Cling to your happy thoughts and become the person you were always meant to be.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 75 Positive Vibes Quotes to Feel Better Daily
- 75 Simple Life Quotes to Focus on What’s Important
- 71 Move On Quotes to Focus on What’s Next in Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.