There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you ever feel like you’re running out of hope? Like everything is going against you, but you still have to keep it together?
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
This quote by Cayla Mills has always been a classic favorite because it summarizes the situation perfectly. It touches the soul, deep within, because you feel the truth in it—that you’ll only know your limits once you reach the breaking point.
In this article, we share with you our list of “stay strong” quotes that can help you stay positive in times of crisis. These quotes are from people who experienced difficulties in their lives.
But before we get to these quotes, let us first share with you some of the benefits of reading quotes that can help you stay strong.
What You Will Learn
What Are the Benefits of Reading Stay Strong Quotes?
People tend to look for allies whenever the situation becomes unbearable. They look for someone to rely on when plans fail or things don’t go the way they should. That’s human nature—you seek comfort because you need someone to understand what you’re going through.
Sometimes it isn’t someone that we need, but instead “some thing” that can help keep our spirits high. We need words of encouragement to help us get through the day.
Whenever you feel down or are about to give up, “stay strong” quotes are a great way to dig deep and find your inner strength. These quotes help you push yourself to the limits and overcome your doubts and fears.
Reading these quotes about staying strong despite all the problems and challenges you are facing is a sign that you are ready to embrace positivity. More importantly, it is a sign that whatever the outcome, you know you’ll be just fine, and that there are a lot of ways to be happier and better.
51 Stay Strong Quotes to Be Positive During a Crisis
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Stay strong. Stay true to yourself and to who you are because there is a community out there. It may not be in your town or perhaps even in your family, but you are wanted and you are loved and there are places in the world where you will be safe and supported.” – Emma Walton Hamilton
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Flexibility makes buildings to be stronger, imagine what it can do to your soul.” – Carlos Barrios
- “Even when matches don't work out the way you planned, you've always got to stay strong in defense; it's a matter of willpower and intelligence.” – Becky Sauerbrunn
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoléon Bonaparte
- “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” – Leah LaBelle
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Life is, at times, tough. And all we need to do is to prove that we are tougher than it.” – Sanhita Baruah
- “Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.” – Unknown
- “The greatest test of courage on the earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.” – R. G. Ingersoll
- “He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.” – Lao Tzu
- “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
- “I think people are always going to say things about you or disapprove of your relationships or your ideals or your beliefs or something, but I think you have to stand up and stay strong in who you are and not let it affect you.” – Kirstin Maldonado
- “Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Talents are best nurtured in solitude, but the character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Cayla Mills
- “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” – Joel Osteen
- “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” – Flavia Weedn
- “Being strong doesn't mean that you can handle every difficult situation on your own, it means that you have the sense to ask God and others for help.” – Nishan Panwar
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “When you're not sure if you're following the right path, when you've been knocked down a few too many times, it's completely fine to get discouraged, hell even defeated. What's not okay is to stop.” – Gary John Bishop
- “At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” – Christine Mason Miller
- “Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on the opportunities of tomorrow rather than the problems of yesterday.” – Brian Tracy
- “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb
- “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Small minds can’t comprehend big spirits. To be great, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated, and misunderstood. Stay strong.” – Unknown
- “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” – James A. Froude
- “Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points.” – Knute Rockne
- “Your strength doesn't come from winning. It comes from struggles and hardships. Everything that you go through prepares you for the next level.” ― Germany Kent
- “You, my dear, have gone through things no one has a clue about and you survived. Even though you don't talk about it anymore, Be proud of yourself for not giving up. Be Proud!” ― Mridula Singh
- “It's impossible for a mind born of biology to stay strong always. You'd have to be a machine to not feel bad or sad or even devastated when people are rude to you or criticize you. It's okay to feel bad or sad, but as long as we are moving forward, for every ten criticisms, you'll receive at least one world of appreciation or thanks.” ― Abhijit Naskar
- “We do not have to remain stuck in our trials! We go through them and as daughters of the King, we can rise in the midst of a dark, shaking moment.” – Holly Wagner
- “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on.” – LL Cool J
- “If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up.” – A. Josland
- “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
- “I’m stronger because of the hard times, wiser because of my mistakes, and happier because I have known sadness.” – Allison Vogel
- “Feeling fear is human, but conquering it will make you feel empowered, courageous, and proud.” – Alex Niles
- “One small crack does not mean you are broken. It means you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
- “Be strong, things will get better. It might be stormy now, but rain doesn’t last forever.” – Unknown
- “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce.” – Vivian Komori
We sometimes think that we have it all under control, but more often than not we are struggling to keep it together. We try to endure the pain because that is the only way to keep moving.
Staying strong despite all the hardships we face is one of the bravest things we can do. It’s easier said than done, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible. That said, it is important to have effective weapons when it comes to battling fear and anxiety. We hope that the quotes we shared above can be your weapons.
No matter how many times you fall, you must keep bouncing back—breathe the struggle in, hold still and stay strong, then release it and get back on your feet.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.