There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you been feeling a little down or out of luck lately?
Or maybe you are looking for words that can inspire you and give you some motivation?
There will always be those times when you feel like the whole world is against you. People seem to not care about your feelings and endeavors, and you lose all hope thinking you are a failure.
But deep down you should know that this is not true. You were meant to do great things. You were born to be successful.
To help you overcome all those fears, anxieties, and doubts, we’ve compiled 91 perseverance quotes that will help you overcome your adversities in life. When you feel like the world is giving up on you, go out and prove that it shouldn’t.
First up, we share with you quotes about patience and perseverance. What does it mean to be patient and persistent? How do you battle time and all its nuisances?
Quotes on Patience and Perseverance
- “Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place – that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have the perseverance to realize the great life.” A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- “Perseverance, the secret of all triumphs.”– Victor Hugo
- “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.”– Anonymous
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach of the stars to change the world.”– Harriet Tubman
- “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.”– Billy Graham
“Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.”– Billy Graham
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”– John Quincy Adams
- “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.”– Marilyn Monroe
- “I’ve learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work.”– Greg Behrendt
- “I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.”– Og Mandino
- “If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.”– Mahatma Gandhi
- “Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them – every day begin the task anew.”– Saint Francis de Sales
- “I learned patience, perseverance, and dedication. Now I really know myself, and I know my voice. It’s a voice of pain and victory.”– Anthony Hamilton
- “You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.” – Craig Bruce
- “There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.”– Sivananda Saraswati
- “Indeed, this life is a test. It is a test of many things – of our convictions and priorities, our faith and our faithfulness, our patience and our resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires.”– Sheri L. Dew
- “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” – Saadi
“Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” – Saadi
- “Almost everything is outside of your control. You may take all the right actions and fail. You may take no action and win. All you can do is put yourself in the position to win. Be consistent. Patience will eventually get luck on your side.”– Crypto Seneca
- “Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all, love.”– Swami Vivekananda
- “Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance.”– Abigail Adams
- “Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it’s not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failures along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.”– Barack Obama
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves.”– Marie Curie
- “And you very soon find out, if you have not found it out before, that patience and tenacity of purpose are worth more than twice their weight of cleverness.”– Thomas Huxley
- “When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself.”– Isak Dinesen
- “Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.”– Benjamin Disraeli
Good things come to those who wait. But while waiting, you have to make sure that you are also doing something to make the dream happen. Patience and perseverance are the keys to a successful life.
No matter how long it is going to take, know that a determined heart always wins the battle in the end. Keep pushing and turn the odds in your favor—you are meant to do great things in life.
Next in our list is a set of quotes about strength, courage, and perseverance. Does perseverance emanate from a brave heart? Let’s find out from the following quotes.
Quotes About Strength and Courage
“Grit is that ‘extra something’ that separates the most successful people from the rest. It’s the passion, perseverance, and stamina that we must channel in order to stick with our dreams until they become a reality.” – Travis Bradberry
- “Grit is that ‘extra something’ that separates the most successful people from the rest. It’s the passion, perseverance, and stamina that we must channel in order to stick with our dreams until they become a reality.” – Travis Bradberry
- “Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure.”– George Eliot
- “Of all that is good, sublimity is supreme. Succeeding is the coming together of all that is beautiful. Furtherance is the agreement of all that is just. Perseverance is the foundation of all actions.”– Lao Tzu
- “If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.”– Samuel Johnson
- “Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: it is this that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.”– Thomas Carlyle
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”– Dale Carnegie
- “Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed; pay the price and it is yours.”– Orison Swett Marden
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”– Maya Angelou
- “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering I will try again tomorrow.”– Mary Anne Radmacher
- “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.”– Jim Watkins
- “There are two ways of attaining an important end, force and perseverance; the silent power of the latter grows irresistible with time.”– Sophie Swetchine
- “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.”– Henry Ward Beecher
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.”– Teddy Roosevelt
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”– Nelson Mandela
- “Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.”– Leigh Mitchell Hodges
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”– Margaret Thatcher
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.”– Pele
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”– Julie Andrews
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.”– Tommy Lasorda
- “In case of doubt, push on just a little further and then keep on pushing.”– General George S Patton, Jr.
Perseverance is the fruit of a strong heart combined with a strong will. But looking deeply into it, it works the other way around as well—a very strong resolve to reach success can result in developing perseverance.
Our next group of quotes is Bible verses about perseverance and faith. What does the Bible say about the will to carry on? Let’s find out.
Bible Verses About Perseverance
- “A thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.”– Psalm 91:7
- “And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief: for truly I say to you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you.”– Matthew 17:20
- “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD your God, he it is that does go with you; he will not fail you, nor forsake you.”– Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for then days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.”– Revelation 2:10
- “But Jesus beheld them, and said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”– Matthew 19:26
“But Jesus beheld them, and said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”– Matthew 19:26
- “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”– Romans 12:12
- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”– Galatians 6:9
- “Since you have kept My command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.”– Revelation 3:10
- “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.”– James 1:12
- “And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.”– Thessalonians 3:13
- “Stand firm, and you will win life.”– Luke 21:19
- “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance.”– Romans 5:3
- “You need to persevere so that when you have done that will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” – Hebrews 10:36
- “To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, he will give eternal life.”– Romans 2:7
- “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”– James 1:2-4
- “We are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.”– 2 Corinthians 4:8
- “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”– 1 Peter 5:10
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”– John 16:33
- “But they that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they will run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint.”– Isaiah 40:31
- “Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness.”– 2 Peter 1:5-6
Even God believes that, in the end, you will be able to thrive and prosper. So there’s no reason for you to believe otherwise. No matter what other people say, what matters most is your faith, not just in yourself, but also in whatever god you believe in.
Now, are you a film enthusiast? Do you like watching movies because they often reflect what’s going on in your life? If so, you may find our last set of perseverance quotes to be exciting.
Movie Quotes About Perseverance
- “Life is not the amount of breaths you take it’s the moments that take your breath away.”– Will Smith, Hitch
- “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.”– Rocky Balboa, Rocky IV
- “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”– John Keating, Dead Poets Society
- “Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.”– Alfred, Batman Begins
- “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.”– Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
- “It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard… is what makes it great.”– Jimmy Dugan, A League of their Own
- “There’s no such thing as too far. You understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some goddamn more.”– Walter Abrams, Two For The Money
- “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.”– Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street
- “Don’t ever let somebody tell you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”– Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
- “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”– Rocky Balboa
- “Fear is the most amazing emotion of all because it creates complete awareness.”– Martha Marcy May Marlene
“Fear is the most amazing emotion of all because it creates complete awareness.” – Martha Marcy May Marlene
- “Doubt is useful, it keeps faith a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it is tested.”– Pi Patel, Life of Pi
- “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.”– Rafiki, The Lion King
- “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”– Mario Puzo, The Godfather
- “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”– Ian Wallace, What a Girl Wants
- “If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.”– Cinderella
- “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”– Cast Away
- “We Shall Never Surrender.”– Soldier, Dunkirk
- “Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s not the end of the world and in many ways it’s the first step toward learning something better and getting better at it.”– Jon Hamm
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.”– The Emperor of China, Mulan
- “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” – Zeus, Hercules
- “Everything that made that giant tree is already contained inside this tiny little seed. All it needs is some time, a little bit of sunshine and rain, and voilá! Now, y-you might not feel like you can do much now, but that's just because, well, you're not a tree yet. You just have to give yourself some time. You're still a seed.”– Flik, A Bug’s Life
- “Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. Go for it.” – Heath Ledger, 10 Things I Hate About You
- “May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.” – Sean Connery, King Arthur
- “Brick by brick, my citizens. Brick by brick.” – Tobey Maguire, Seabiscuit
- “You can beat or jail me or even kill me, but I am not going to be what you want me to be!” – Denzel Washington, Cry Freedom
Final Words on Perseverance
Whatever you do in life, there’s only one way to succeed: Keep moving forward. It will never be easy—no one said it was going to be—so just keep doing it, with your eyes fixed on the goal.
If you do things this way, you will be surprised at how easy it is to reach your potential. Happiness comes from being able to push yourself to your limits, and knowing that no matter how hard life may hit you, you can always get back on your feet.
Did any of the quotes above resonate with you? We’d love to know which one, so feel free to drop a comment below.
And if you can relate to any of the statements above, you may want to share it on your favorite social media platform as well!
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 61 Resilience Quotes to Overcome Any Adversity
- 101 Stay Strong Quotes to Be Positive During a Crisis
- 57 Great Unbothered Quotes to Show Your Confidence
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.