51 Quotes About Healing Your Body, Mind, and Soul
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
What does it mean to heal your mind, body, and soul? How exactly do you undergo that process?
Your body has its own self-healing mechanisms. Because it wants to stay healthy, it heals itself naturally through a number of natural bodily functions. Your immune system is mainly responsible for that.
But did you know that this healing mechanism doesn’t just affect your physical state?
Once your body heals, it starts curing your emotional, mental, and spiritual conditions as well. Self-healing is not just limited to pain from physical wounds and injuries—it also applies to how your mind, body, and soul can recover from emotional breakdowns or mental and spiritual fatigue.
In this article, we want to share with you some inspirational quotes about healing your body, mind, and soul. Through these quotes, we hope that you will be able to endure the process of healing.
But before we get to our list, let’s first discuss some of the benefits of self-healing.
What You Will Learn
Why Healing Your Body, Mind, and Soul Is Important
Imagine having a paper cut that hurts a lot. Once the wound heals, doesn’t it make you feel a lot happier?
Healing can increase your happiness and overall life satisfaction. When you go through the process of healing, you give yourself a chance to move past the pain once and for all, and then feel relieved thereafter. There is no better way to feel happy and satisfied than to overcome something that has been bothering you.
Healing yourself also helps you control your thoughts and feelings. Our minds, bodies, and souls are connected to each other. When you heal, you gain control over your thoughts and achieve mental clarity. When your mind is clear, the brain signals to your heart and soul that you are all right and that there is nothing to worry about.
When your heart and soul are at peace, this tells your body that you are breathing, moving, and living just fine. Your immune system responds to the way your mind thinks and your heart feels. Negative emotions are released and you become a lot healthier. This can even result in feeling a lot more confident about how you connect to the world and the people around you.
As you can see, the healing process provides a lot of benefits. Ultimately, it is important to remember that to heal means to become a better, happier human being. There is no other way to love yourself than to mend your scars and become the person you were always meant to be.
Without further ado, let’s check out our list of quotes that can help you do just that!
- “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
- “Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you.” – Rumi
- “Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy.” – Sai Baba
- “The sun shall always rise upon a new day and there shall always be a rose garden within me. Yes, there is a part of me that is broken, but my broken soil gives way to my wild roses.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Just like there’s always time for pain, there’s always time for healing.” – Jennifer Brown
- “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
- “It has been said that time heals all wounds. The truth is that time does not heal anything. It merely passes. It is what we do during the passing of time that helps or hinders the healing process.” – Jay Marshall
- “Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf.” – Jonatan Martensson
- “Healing is embracing what is most feared; healing is opening what has been closed, softening what has hardened into obstruction, healing is learning to trust life.” – Jeanne Achterberg
- “To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence.” – Eckhart Tolle
“To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The human heart has a way of making itself large again even after it’s been broken into a million pieces.” – Robert James Waller
- “But pain’s like water. It finds a way to push through any seal. There’s no way to stop it. Sometimes you have to let yourself sink inside of it before you can learn how to swim to the surface.” – Katie Kacvinsky
- “When I stand before thee at the day’s end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” – Buddha
- “We are all damaged. We have all been hurt. We have all had to learn painful lessons. We are all recovering from some mistake, loss, betrayal, abuse, injustice, or misfortune. All of life is a process of recovery that never ends. We each must find ways to accept and move through the pain and to pick ourselves back up. For each pang of grief, depression, doubt, or despair there is an inverse toward renewal coming to you in time. Each tragedy is an announcement that some goodwill indeed come in time. Be patient with yourself.” – Bryant McGill
- “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
- “Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” – Gary Zukav
- “As soon as healing takes place, go out and heal somebody else.” – Maya Angelou
- “The place of true healing is a fierce place. It’s a giant place. It’s a place of monstrous beauty and endless dark and glimmering light. And you have to work really, really, really hard to get there, but you can do it.” – Cheryl Strayed
- “To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear.” – Stephen Levine
- “Any illness is a direct message to you that tells you how you have not been loving who you are, cherishing yourself in order to be who you are. This is the basis of all healing.” – Barbara Brennan
- “Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” – Hippocrates
- “You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we’re not. We always have the power of our minds… claim and consciously use your power.” – Louise L. Hay
- “Letting ourselves be forgiven is one of the most difficult healings we will undertake. And one of the most fruitful.” – Stephen Levine
“Letting ourselves be forgiven is one of the most difficult healings we will undertake. And one of the most fruitful.” – Stephen Levine
- “My scars remind me that I did indeed survive my deepest wounds. That in itself is an accomplishment. And they bring to mind something else, too. They remind me that the damage life has inflicted on me has, in many places, left me stronger and more resilient. What hurt me in the past has actually made me better equipped to face the present.” – Steve Goodier
- “We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Scars are not injuries, Tanner Sack. A scar is a healing. After an injury, a scar is what makes you whole.” – China Miéville
- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Washington Thurman
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “Give it air & let the scar on your soul reveal itself, because, like the body, it too was made to heal itself.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature-the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” – Racheal Carson
- “Only when we face the impossible, and experience the unbearable, do we find out who we truly are.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
- “The ache will always be there, but the intensity will fade, and you’ll find other beautiful things to fill your days with.” – Lang Leav
- “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
- “Healing requires from us to stop struggling, but to enjoy life more and endure it less.” – Darina Stoyanova
- “Emotional pain cannot kill you, but running from it can. Allow. Embrace. Let yourself feel. Let yourself heal.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “When we surround ourselves with people who are committed to understanding and loving, we’re nourished by their presence and our own seeds of understanding and love are watered. When we surround ourselves with people who gossip, complain, and are constantly critical, we absorb these toxins.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not.” – Mooji
“The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not.” – Mooji
- “In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.” – Marianne Williamson
- “What happens when people open their hearts?” “They get better.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.” – David Richo
- “I’ve experienced several different healing methodologies over the years – counseling, self-help seminars, and I’ve read a lot – but none of them will work unless you really want to heal.” – Lindsay Wagner
- “For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open – into the light, out of the darkness.” – Reba McEntire
- “Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life.” – Akshay Dubey
- “By far the strongest poison to the human spirit is the inability to forgive oneself or another person. Forgiveness is no longer an option but a necessity for healing.” – Caroline Myss
- “Healing does not mean going back to the way things were before, but rather allowing what is now to move us closer to God.” – Ram Dass
- “Healing doesn’t usually spring up instantaneously, instead it manifests itself in small yet delightful doses of “normal.” – Unknown
- “Ultimately, there can be no complete healing until we have restored our primal trust in life.” – Georg Feuerstein
Final Thoughts on Healing Your Mind, Body, and Soul
Your scars may remind you of the pain and suffering you’ve been through, but they can also remind you of how brave and strong you are. It takes a lot of courage for one to be able to accept his flaws and defeats and then heal himself to become new again.
We hope that, through these quotes, you were able to gain the strength to start or continue the healing process. You may fall a thousand times, but you can always get up and keep going!