There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Throughout our lives, people come and go. Some stay for a while. And some stay for what feels like a lifetime.
They may be people you’ve grown up with; Grandparents or Aunts and Uncles. Friends, who you’ve known since elementary school.
Your partner. Your children. And as the years roll by, your grandchildren.
Life is filled with so many important people. They touch our hearts, whilst guiding and supporting us. They bring warmth, with compassion, and kindness. And leave a hole in our lives when they’re gone.
Celebration of life quotes can help us to reflect on not only the joy they brought to our lives. But also the long-lasting memories they left behind. And this is where we often find the most comfort.
How Can We Best Celebrate the Life of Someone Important?
Most people will have stories to tell. Our grandfathers, of the war. Our grandmothers, of the bed they shared with 6 brothers and sisters.
And though these stories may be told a thousand times with varying degrees of fact versus vague memory, they never lose their magic. They will be passed down through generations, each time gifted, as though it was covered in gold.
These stories are a celebration of life. Of the years gone by. And the people it created, who we may not have even met.
Because life should be celebrated. We should remember the people who came before us, as much as the people who stood by our side.
These memories are like a candle that keeps burning. They keep us warm on a cold night. And give us hope, when the darkness feels overwhelming.
Memories of that spontaneous beach trip when the snow was falling. And hot chocolate to warm icy cold hands. That terrible Christmas jumper that mysteriously disappeared halfway through dinner. And the brussel sprouts that even the dog wouldn’t eat.
They bring laughter and joy, as we recall not only the moments but the people within them. Though they may no longer be present in our lives, they will always be in our hearts.
So, let’s take a look at these celebration of life quotes. And from there, find a moment or two, to celebrate the life of someone important to you.
101 Celebration of Life Quotes to Remember Someone Important
- “Life is a song—sing it. Life is a game—play it. Life is a challenge—meet it. Life is a dream—realise it. Life is a sacrifice—offer it. Life is love—enjoy it.” – Sai Baba
- “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.” – Richard Puz
- “There are special people in our lives who never leave us, even after they are gone.” – D. Morgan
- “She didn't sit on the sidelines. Instead, she got into the game of life.” – Unknown
- “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” – Unknown
- “Life is for the living. Death is for the dead. Let life be like music. And death a note unsaid.” – Langston Hughes
- “A life well lived is one filled with joy and love.” – Unknown
- “No one spread more joy in one lifetime.” – Unknown
- “We do not remember days, we remember moments.” – Cesare Pavese
- “A life well lived marks everyone around it with love. Remember these marks as you celebrate the life.” – Unknown
- “Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” – Jack Thorne
- “Your legacy lives on in us, your loving family.” – Unknown
- “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments but what is woven into the lives of others.” – Thucydides
- “A life well lived extends a helping hand to those in need, and today we are celebrating one of the most helpful people we have ever known.” – Unknown
- “And in the end it’s not the years in a life it’s the life in the years” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Memories… let them fill your mind, warm your heart, and lead you through.” – Unknown
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “Dad was a man of few words, but they were always kind ones.” – Unknown
- “She loved life and it loved her right back.” – Unknown
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” – A.A. Milne
- “Mom taught me unconditional love.” – Unknown
- “The sands of time will never wash away the love that I have for you. Your sweet memory will remain forever in my heart.” – Louise Hay
- “If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you.” – Winnie The Pooh
- “Her philosophy was to live life as you see fit, but make sure you don't hurt anyone or rob anyone of their rights in the process.” – Unknown
Her philosophy was to live life as you see fit, but make sure you don't hurt anyone or rob anyone of their rights in the process.” – Unknown
- “I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful” – John Green
- “Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “It's not how much time we had together, but how much we made of the time we were lucky enough to share.” – Unknown
- “There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they are gone the light remains.” – Unknown
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “He taught me the joy of friendship, and that's something worth celebrating.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It’s what the sunflowers do.” – Helen Keller
- “Every life is noted and is cherished, and nothing loved is ever lost or perished” – Madeleine L’engle
- “I'll remember you. When I've forgotten all the rest. You to me were true. You to me were the best.” – Bob Dylan
- “No one spread more love in one lifetime.” – Unknown
- “Mom’s fierce independence and amazing spirit made her shine like a beacon to us all.” – Unknown
- “The connections we make in the course of life—maybe that’s what heaven is.” – Fred Rogers
- “The song is ended but the melody lingers on.” – Irving Berlin
- “Mom loved to laugh, to smile and life in general. Lessons we could all learn from her and the way she lived.” – Unknown
- “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” – Dr. Seuss
- “How lucky you are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne
- “Dad was the most inspiring person I knew. He showed me, and so many, how to truly live.” – Unknown
- “If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.” – James O’Barr
- “‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “A life so beautifully lived, a heart so deeply loved.” – Unknown
- “Remembering the life of my dearest friend and the times we shared together.” – Unknown
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “I love you. Nothing, and nobody, not even time, will change that.” – Unknown
- “Love has no age, no limit, and no death.” – John Galsworthy
- “I don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains.” – Anne Frank
- “You have no idea the amount of happiness you brought into my life.” – Unknown
- “Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories.” – Ronald Reagan
Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories.” – Ronald Reagan
- “You were an unforgettable part of my life.” – Unknown
- “The song is ended, but the melody lingers on.” – Irving Berlin
- “I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “Your love will light our way. Your memory will forever be with us.” – Unknown
- “As long as we live, they too will live; for they are now a part of us, as we remember them.” – Elie Wiesel
- “I have so much of you in my heart.” – John Keats
- “In the memory of someone who touched so many lives and brought such happiness. May they rest in peace.” – Unknown
- “Only a moment you stayed but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.” – Dorothy Ferguson
- “In loving memory of a life that will never be forgotten.” – Unknown
- “You will always hold a special place in my heart.” – Unknown
- “You are gone, but thank you for all these soft, sweet things you left behind. In my home, in my head, in my heart.” – Nikita Gill
- “Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we will hold in our hearts forever.” – Unknown
- “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.” – Unknown
- “Say not in grief that she is no more, but say in thankfulness that she was.” Hebrew Proverb
- “A life that touches others goes on forever.” – Unknown
- “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” – Terri Guillemets
- “The world changes from year to year, our lives from day to day, but the love and memory of you, shall never pass away.” – Unknown
- “We've shared our lives these many years. You touched my heart. You will live on in my dreams.” – Unknown
- “Grandmas hold our tiny hands for a little while, but our hearts forever.” – Unknown
- “Grandpas bring a little wisdom, happiness, warmth, and love to every life they touch.” – Kate Summers
- “In memory of a life so beautifully lived and a heart so deeply loved.” – Unknown
- “Not long enough to hold his hand, this amazing person, this loving man.” – Kelly Horn
- “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” – Maya Angelou
- “Too well loved to ever be forgotten.” – Unknown
- “What we have once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
- “Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there has been a trail of memories.” – Unknown
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my own garden forever.” – Alfred Jennyon
If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my own garden forever.” – Alfred Jennyon
- “You have touched my very being. …. I shall remember you.” – Unknown
- “You leave behind some of the most cherished memories I have dad. You will always be a part of me.” – Unknown
- “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” – Rob Liano
- “She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings.” – Ariana Dancu
- “Happiness requires that we celebrate the positive sides of life. Peace requires that we accept both the positive and the negative outcomes of life and move on.” – Terry Mark
- “Filled with a zest for life that never grew old.” – Unknown
- “How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint you footsteps have left upon our hearts.” – Dorothy Ferguson
- “When we lose someone we love we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.” – Unknown
- “Oh, yes. I remember it well.” – Alan Jay Lerner
- “There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world.” – Unknown
- “To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” – J.K. Rowling
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
- “Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you.” – Ranata Suzuki
- “I can’t and won’t forget all you did for me. The memories of you will never fade.” – Unknown
- “Always in my mind. Forever in my heart.” – Unknown
- “The pain passes, but the beauty remains.” – Pierre Auguste Renoir
- “The Remembrance of the good done those we have loved is the only consolation when we have lost them.” – Demoustier
- “This is the price you pay for having a great father. You get the wonder, the joy, the tender moments—and you get the tears at the end, too.” – Harlan Coben
Final Thoughts on Celebrating the Life of Someone Important
Remembering a loved one often brings mixed emotions: Tears of sadness, that they are no longer here. That you didn’t get to spend more time together.
But also comfort. And tears of laughter, as your belly aches from recalling the craziest of moments.
Hold onto those memories. Relive them often. And celebrate the wonderful life they lived.
If you’re looking for more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 75 Positive Vibes Quotes to Feel Better Daily
- 75 Simple Life Quotes to Focus on What’s Important
- 105 Loneliness Quotes for When You Feel Sad or Alone
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.