There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
When we care about someone, we will often miss them when they are away. We realize how much we care, and that longing to be with them grows more and more each day.
Missing people is perfectly normal, so in this post, we provide a list of “I miss you” quotes that you can share with the person you’re missing. Whether they are a friend, a relative, or a special someone, these quotes can definitely help you describe your feelings towards them.
Before we proceed to our list, let us share with you how reading these quotes can be advantageous to your emotional health and well-being.
What You Will Learn
Why Read “I Miss You” Quotes?
Missing someone can make you feel a lot of strong emotions. Sometimes the feelings are so strong that it becomes detrimental to your health on a physical, mental, and emotional level. Signs of stress and depression can pop up, and you may not have the strength to deal with these maladies because your heart is too vulnerable.
With these “I miss you” quotes, you will learn that everyone is prone to experiencing what you are feeling. You will realize that although missing someone can be painful, it’s also manageable as long as you deal with your feelings in a positive way. This means focusing your energy on the thought that one day everything will fall into its proper place and you’ll be with the person you are missing.
Of course, we’re not saying that you should entertain false hopes if it is clear that you can’t be with that person anymore. In such a case, these quotes can help you focus your energy on becoming a better, happier person, even if you occasionally remember the person you are missing.
Reading these quotes can give you the strength to move forward, whether or not the person you miss will be coming back. They give you hope, yet they also help you understand that whatever life may throw at you, you will ultimately be fine.
And so, without further ado, let’s check out these “I miss you” quotes!
55 I Miss You Quotes for Friends and Family
- “If I could plant a flower for every time I miss you, I could walk through my garden forever.” – Unknown
- “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that with this someone awakens.” – Luigina Sgarro
- “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Lamartine
- “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” – Unarine Ramaru
- “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” – Gemma Troy
- “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen
- “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” – Calla Quinn
- “My world is a million shattered pieces put together, glued by my tears, where each piece is nothing but a reflection of you.” – Sanhita Baruah
- “You realize how much you truly miss someone when something happens, good or bad, and the only person you want to tell is the one person who isn’t there.” – Unknown
- “And they can’t understand, what hurts more—missing the other person, or pretending not to.” – Khadija Rupa
- “It’s strange how many ways there are to miss someone. You miss the things they did and who they were, but you also miss who you were to them. The way everything you said and did was beautiful or entertaining or important. How much you mattered.” – Robin Roe
- “I miss you. Not in some cheesy “Let’s hold hands and be together forever kind of way”. I just miss you, plain and simple. I miss your presence in my life. I miss you always being there for me. I miss you best friend.” – Anonymous
- “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” – John Cena
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” – Claudia Adrienne Grandi
- “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds – but I think of you always in those intervals.” – Salvador Plascencia
- “Long after I have given up, my heart still searches for you without my permission.” – Rudy Francisco
- “How you can already miss someone when you are in the same room with them, I have no idea. But I do.” – Karen Harrington
- “The heart is as transparent as the depths of the ocean; one can only see until the light is gone.” – Meredith Taylor
- “I miss your voice because it is a symphony; your scent because it is a treasure; your smile because it is a jewel; your hug because it is a masterpiece; and your kiss because it is a miracle.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “For when the cold winds blow, I will close my eyes calmly, knowing I am anchored to you.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
- “What was it like to lose him? It was like hearing every goodbye ever said to me – said all at once.” – Lang Leav
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known – and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “How did the days steal you so efficiently from me? Time is a thief that never gets caught.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” – Virginia Wolf
- “The air I breathe in a room empty of you is unhealthy.” – John Keats
- “You are my paradox. You are the love letter that I can’t read anymore. The same one I refuse to throw away.” – JmStorm
- “I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.” – Charles Dickens
- “The pain of missing you is a beautiful reminder of the joy of loving you.” – Dean Jackson
- “That’s the worst way to miss somebody. When they’re right beside you and you miss them anyway.” – Pittacus Lore
- “Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds its way back to you.” – Ranata Suzuki
- “No, I don't miss you… Not in a way that one is missed. But I think of you. Sometimes. In the way that one might think of the summer sunshine on a winter night…” – Sreesha Divakaran
- “It's hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you're lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” – Nikki Schiefelbein
- “There should be a little gap between you and your friends, though you'll miss their companionship and you'll also miss their disrespect.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “The scary thing about distance is you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” – Nicolas Sparks
- “If you can’t get someone out of your head, maybe they are supposed to be there.” – Unknown
- “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” – Edna St Vincent Millay
- “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
- “I heard someone whisper your name, when I turned around to see who it was I found myself alone then I knew, it was my heart missing you.” – Unknown
- “You can love someone so much, but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” – John Green
- “Missing someone isn’t about how long since you’ve seen them or the amount of time you’ve talked them. It’s about that very moment when you’re doing something and wishing they were right there with you.” – Unknown
- “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.” – Nathanael Richmond
- “And yet I want to be human; I want to be thinking of him because then I feel he is alive somewhere, if only in my head.” – Sally Green
- “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “I wonder if that’s just how it feels to miss someone so bad – like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.” – Kate Ellison
- “When I was young I didn’t understand, but now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.” – Audrey Niffenegger
- “Can miles truly separate you from friends…. If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
- “My world is a million shattered pieces put together, glued by my tears, where each piece is nothing but a reflection of YOU.” – Sanhita Baruah
- “Even though I miss you so much, it comforts me to know that we are at least both under the same sky.” – Unknown
- “Separation isn’t time or distance. It’s the bridge between us; finer than silk thread, sharper than swords.” – Nazım Hikmet
- “I felt like I was leaving a piece of my soul behind the moment you left. And every second that passes, I miss you like that, times a million.” – J.A. Huss
- “I miss you and I want to be with you. It’s as simple, and as complicated as that.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Sometimes I miss you so much, it hurts. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart with the strength of the entire world.” – Colleen Hoover
- “It may happen that we miss the people we took care of more than we miss those who took care of us because the desire to love and the search for meaning are stronger than the desire to be loved.” – Luigina Sgarro
- “I suppose we all see colors outside our usual spectrum in certain people. And the saddest part of life is having known what it looks like and saying goodbye while a quiet part of you hopelessly searches for it forever in shades of blue, red, and yellow. Perhaps all my writing is just a telling to others of the color I saw.” – Karl Kristian Flores
- “Every ray of sunshine, every drop of rain, every tear that falls, you are with me for I carry you in my heart forever.” – Heather Wolf
Final Words on Missing Someone
Missing someone can take up a lot of your energy. However, it’s this very feeling that makes you human. The fact that you miss them is proof that your heart is working and your emotions are intact.
What many people don’t realize is that missing someone can also bring you joy and happiness, whether or not the person chooses to come back. The fact that you were able to feel—that you were capable of loving and caring for someone else—helps you stay in touch with your humanity. And if the person you are missing does end up come back, you will be even stronger because of the time you spent missing them.
We hope that these quotes can help you through whatever you are experiencing right now. Use them the next time you see the person you miss so much, and perhaps you will discover that they have been missing you too!
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.