There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
It’s easy to focus on the big stuff: The big promotion, the big holiday, the big romance.
They make our hearts skip a beat and the adrenaline rush through our veins. And they hold the promise of something extraordinary, something that could potentially change our lives forever.
But while we're busy chasing after these big moments, we often forget about the little things that make life truly beautiful.
The small gestures of kindness, the quiet moments of joy, and the simple pleasures that bring a smile to our faces, as noted in these little things quotes.
It's as if we've been wearing blinkers all along. And we can't see the little details that bring so much happiness into our lives.
So let's stop and open our eyes. And start enjoying the little things in life a whole lot more.
How many times have you got to the end of the day and thought ‘Thank goodness that’s over’?
It's like a weight that's been lifted off your shoulders. The stress and exhaustion from the day melt away. And you can finally relax and unwind.
There may have been two or three, or even a dozen things go wrong. And all you want to do is shut off from the world. To bed down on the sofa, binge-watch a TV series, and forget about it.
As you wallow in your bad mood, you convince yourself that nothing went right; nothing brought a smile to your face or brightened your day.
But if you think back, if you retrace your steps and look a little harder, you’ll almost certainly find something. It may be small, like the sun breaking at dawn, or the kind smile from your coffee barista, but it was there.
Maybe it was the extra crispy salad on your lunch or the consistent green lights on your drive home. Perhaps it was the stranger’s dog who came bounding up to you outside the shop, or the discount on your late-night shopping.
These are the little things, and a million more, than really matter. These are the things that bring warmth, and happiness.
And all too often, we miss them. Because we’re so caught up in chasing the big moments and reaching the milestones, that we become blinkered to them.
But you can change that by slowing down and taking time to appreciate the small joys that surround you every day. A kind word from a stranger, a beautiful sunset that takes your breath away – these are the moments that make life worth living.
And if you need some inspiration to fully appreciate these simple pleasures, then these little things quotes are a great starting point.
- “The small things of life were often so much bigger than the great things . . . the trivial pleasure like cooking, one's home, little poems especially sad ones, solitary walks, funny things seen and overheard.” – Barbara Pym
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “You need to let the little things that would ordinarily bore you suddenly thrill you.” – Andy Warhol
- “It’s the little things, I expect. Little treasures we find without knowing their origin. And they come when we least expect them. It’s beautiful, when you think about it.” – T.J. Klune
- “I try to find a reason to laugh each day. Somehow, if you can incorporate laughter into your day, every day, it really helps. It's the little things in life that make me happy.” – Faith Hill
I try to find a reason to laugh each day. Somehow, if you can incorporate laughter into your day, every day, it really helps. It's the little things in life that make me happy.” – Faith Hill
- “Life is precious, and when you’ve lost a lot of people, you realize each day is a gift.” – Meryl Streep
- “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.” – Camille Pissarro
- “I think it’s important to find the little things in everyday life that make you happy.” – Paula Cole
- “We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
- “We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.” – Marian Wright Edelman
- “When you go through something, you learn to appreciate little things – the birds, trees, flowers.” – Grizz Chapman
- “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” – Khalil Gibran
- “That’s the gift of gratitude: to feel it, your ego has to take a backseat.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Most people seem to want tremendous improvement, instantly. But you'll probably find it's the little things you do that eventually add up to big results.” – Joel Weldon
- “We are all more blind to what we have than to what we have not.” – Audre Lorde
- “Remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
- “The older I get, the more I’m conscious of ways very small things can make a change in the world. Tiny little things, but the world is made up of tiny matters, isn’t it?” – Sandra Cisneros
- “Little things seem like nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air.” – Georges Bernanos
- “Gratitude magnifies the pleasures you get from life.” – Robert Emmons
- “It’s the little things that count, hundreds of ’em.” – Cliff Shaw
- “Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
- “Life is a series of thousands of tiny little miracles. Notice them.” – Unknown
- “Life is just a lot of everyday adventures.” – Carol Ryrie Brink
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
- “Listening better. Caring more. Being there. Its not big changes, but the little ones in our daily lives that make all the difference. With little ways to love more, big things happen.” – Yehuda Berg
- “Learn to appreciate small quiet moments, the ocean, a walk on the beach, time alone, your health, your strength, your smile, your life.” – Germany Kent
- “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “The little things? The little moments? They aren't little.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
- “The so called little things are not a small part of a happy life. They mean a lot even if they may not always look important.” – Unknown
- “Delight in the little things.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “Life is made up not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles and kindness and small obligations given habitually, are what preserve the heart and secure comfort.” – William Davy
- “True greatness consists in being great in little things.” – Unknown
- “Without water drops, there can be no oceans; without steps, there can be no stairs; without little things, there can be no big things!” – Mehmet Murat
- “Little by little does the trick.” – Aesop
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
- “Never underestimate the significance of the little things done out of a large heart of love.” – Elizabeth George
- “It's the little things you do day in and day out that count. That's the way you teach your children.” – Amanda Pays
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Sometimes the little opportunities that fly at us each day can have the biggest impact.” – Danny Wallace
- “There is no luck in life, everything happens for a reason. Every little thing that you do… leads up to a bigger thing. And that's the story of my life.” – Georges St-Pierre
- “Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It's the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.” – Sharon Draper
- “If you can see the little things and the small details around you as big things, you’re enlightened.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.” – Dean Acheson
- “Don't take life so seriously. Have fun. Enjoy your time on this planet. Try new things, go on adventures, and appreciate every little thing because it may not be as little as you might think.” – Haley Pullos
- “Don’t disregard the little things in life. They are a big part of your time on this earth.” – Unknown
- “If you take care of the small things, the big things take care of themselves. You can gain more control over your life by paying closer attention to the little things.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Sometimes the most happy people in life are the ones with nothing. We can’t lose sight of the little things in life that should make us the happiest.” – Ryan Cabrera
- “If you take care of the little things, the big things take care of themselves.” – Renford Reese
- “Life is made up of little things. It is very rarely that an occasion is offered for doing a great deal at once. True greatness consists in being great in the little things.” – Charles Simmons
- “While it may seem small, the ripple effects of small things is extraordinary.” – Matt Bevin
- “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” – Aaron Siskind
Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” – Aaron Siskind
- “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
- “Find magic in the little things, and the big things you always expected will start to show up.” – Isa Zapata
- “A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark.” – Dante Alighieri
- “When you are older you will understand how precious little things, seemingly of no value in themselves, can be loved and prized above all price when they convey the love and thoughtfulness of a good heart.” – Edwin Booth
- “We forget the little things, so it's no wonder some of us screw up the big things.” – Neil Cavuto
- “Success in life is founded upon attention to the small things rather than to the large things; to the every day things nearest to us rather than to the things that are remote and uncommon.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Find gratitude in the little things and your well of gratitude will never run dry.” – Antonia Montoya
- “He who does not wish for little things does not deserve big things.” – Belgian proverb
- “Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones.” – Phillips Brooks
- “I know well that happiness is in little things.” – John Ruskin
- “All those small actions you take stringed together can, in the end, make an immense contribution to you reaching your goal and dream.” – Unknown
- “Never neglect the little things. Never skimp on that extra effort, that additional few minutes, that soft word of praise or thanks, that delivery of the very best that you can do. It does not matter what others think, it is of prime importance, however, what you think about you. You can never do your best, which should always be your trademark, if you are cutting corners and shirking responsibilities. You are special. Act it. Never neglect the little things.” – Og Mandino
Life is full of big moments and grand adventures, but sometimes it's the small, everyday things that truly make life worth living. From savouring a hot cup of coffee in the morning to taking a long walk in the park, these simple pleasures can bring so much joy and happiness.
They remind us to slow down, appreciate the beauty around us, and find happiness in the little things. Life is truly a gift, and it's these everyday pleasures that make it so extraordinary.
For more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 75 Positive Quotes to Lift Up Yourself or Other People
- 57 Positive Things Will Get Better Quotes
- 51 Do What Makes You Happy Quotes
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.