There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you found your soulmate?
Or maybe you’re still looking for him or her?
In this post, we have gathered 101 soulmate quotes you can tell to the person you consider your soulmate. You can use these words to express your gratitude for being able to finally find happiness in your companionship.
First, let’s look at some deep quotes that define what a true soulmate is. You can use them to determine if your current partner is indeed your soulmate.
What You Will Learn
Deep Soulmate Quotes
1. “A soulmate is… someone whose way of viewing life is not necessarily the same as yours but complements yours… there is not a compromise, there is a complement.” – Paul Robear
2. “It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.”– John Joseph Powell
3. “Love is but the discovery of ourselves in another, and the delight in the recognition.” – Alexander Smith
4. “People think a soulmate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
5. “A soulmate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.” – Thomas Moore
6. “Soulmates aren't the ones who make you happiest, no. They're instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars. Old pangs, captivation, and beauty. Strain and shadows and worry and yearning. Sweetness and madness and dreamlike surrender. They hurl you into the abyss. They taste like hope.” – Victoria Erickson
7. “There is a special bond between twin soulmates – unconditional love, respect for each other, bringing out the best in each other, and highly compatible.” – Mettrie L.
8. “The soulmate doesn’t have to be a romantic relationship. Sometimes in life, you meet people when you need them, and there is an immediate connection.” – Alison G. Bailey
9. “Soulmates may be linked, but fight to separate, causing wounds and confusion. They teach what no one else can.” – Donna Lynn Hope
10. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined to strengthen each other, to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot
11. “Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.” – Helen Boswell
12. “It’s a great relationship when you can work with the person who you consider to be your soulmate.” – Rick Derringer
13. “Sometimes, soulmates may meet, stay together until a task or life lesson is completed, and then move on. This is not a tragedy, only a matter of learning.” – Brian L. Weiss
14. “Love is putting a piece of your soul into someone else’s care and being responsible for an equal share of theirs. This is soulmate love.” – P. S. Berg.
15. “Our soulmates seldom appeal to our personality—our ego. That’s why they are called soulmates rather than ego mates.” – Carolyn Miller.
Finding your soulmate is like winning the lottery—it’s a one in a million chance. But once you get ahold of it, you never want to let it go. You make it a point to have your soulmate near you no matter what.
Life will bring you challenges, but that shouldn’t stop you from building a powerful connection between you and your partner. Don’t miss out on the chance of achieving eternal happiness.
This brings us to our next set of quotes, which are all about waiting for the right one to come into your life. It is tough to play the waiting game, but once it’s over, the result is well worth it.
Waiting for Soulmate Quotes
16. “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.” – Criss Jami
17. “I think we’re given multiple chances to meet multiple soulmates. Sure, you could meet a soulmate in high school. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t act on it, you’ll never meet anyone else. You will, just at a time that’s more convenient for you.” – Meg Cabot
I think we’re given multiple chances to meet multiple soulmates. Sure, you could meet a soulmate in high school. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t act on it, you’ll never meet anyone else. You will, just at a time that’s more convenient for you.” – Meg Cabot
18. “Before you find your soulmate, you must first discover your soul.” – Charles F. Glassman
19. “If you can't ignore imperfections, then your imaginary ideal soulmate will always remain pending till you grow old and die.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
20. “Don't rush into love. You'll find the person meant for you when you least expect it.” – Franzie Gubatina
21. “When you meet that special someone you'll understand why it didn't work out with anyone else.”
22. “In your lifetime you will meet one person who is unlike any other, you can tell them any and everything and they won't judge you…this person is your soul-mate, your best-friend…don't ever let them go…” – Rashida Rowe
23. “What’s the difference? I asked him. Between the love of your life, and your soulmate? One is a choice, and one is not.” – Tarryn Fisher
24. “When forever becomes a place… when forever ceases to be just a word, when it ceases to be just a measurement of time, but instead becomes a place where soulmates can dance to the song in their hearts, that is a reflection of true love.” – Steve Maraboli
25. “I’ve learned that there’s a soulmate somewhere in this world. Till you don’t find that person, the search goes on.” – Preity Zinta
26. “You can meet thousands of people and none of them will touch you. And then one day, someone can come in and touch your soul and before you know it, your life has been changed forever.”
27. “When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life.” – Arielle Ford
28. “You need a lot of luck to find people with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. Some people manage to find their soulmate. Others don’t. I think love is like a lottery.” – Kylie Minogue
29. “You know you’ve found your soulmate when you feel happy for no reason. It is easier for you to say ‘I love you,’ ‘Thank you,’ and ‘I’m sorry.’ It is easier for you to open up your feelings.”
There will be times when you get tired of waiting for that special person to come along. It can test your patience and exhaust all your energy, and make you feel hopeless.
But the result of a long wait is almost always sweeter and more rewarding. After all, good things come to those who wait.
Our next set of quotes talks about the spiritual connection between soulmates.
Spiritual Soulmate Quotes
30. “Soulmate’ is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare and very real.” – Hilary Duff
31. “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.” – Richard Bach
32. “Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can’t understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins?” – Nancy Garden
33. “Soulmates tend to find each other during the respective pursuits of their soul missions. Creating a soulmate could be seen as a spiritual reward that we give ourselves, after pursuing many soul contracts rife with discord.” – Linda Brady
Soulmates tend to find each other during the respective pursuits of their soul missions. Creating a soulmate could be seen as a spiritual reward that we give ourselves, after pursuing many soul contracts rife with discord.” – Linda Brady
34. “I recognized you instantly. All of our lives flashed through my mind in a split second. I felt a pull so strongly towards you that I almost couldn’t stop it.” – J. Sterling
35. “We meet our soulmates when we’re on our soul path.” – Karen M. Black
36. “There are no accidental meetings between souls.” – Sheila Burke
37. “A soulmate is not found. A soulmate is recognized.” – Vironika Tugaleva
38. “Soulmates resonate on many levels. Something deep in me recognizes something deep in you that is sacred.” – Annette Vaillancourt
39. “I describe a soulmate as a ‘soul-nurturing mate’ – someone who nurtures your soul – thereby promoting insight and growth.” – Karen Salmansohn
40. “Intimacy transcends the physical. It is a feeling of closeness that isn’t about proximity but of belonging. It is a beautiful emotional space in which two become one.” – Steve Maraboli
41. “It’s easy to recognize our soulmate. When we meet them and find true love, after a time you can’t exist without that person, you’d rather die than lose them.” – Glen Rambharack
42. “We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.”
43. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
A deep connection with someone you consider your soulmate transcends all other bonds with a friend, partner, and acquaintance. There’s something in that bond that you know can never be broken by a simple (or even complicated) quarrel or argument.
But it is important to understand that a soulmate connection is not restricted to romantic relationships. It can also apply to a deep friendship. Your best friend may also be your soulmate.
This brings us to our last set of quotes, which are perfect for those who have found their soulmates in the person who is their best friend.
Best Friend Soulmate Quotes
44. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
45. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
46. “Sometimes being with your best friend is all the therapy you need.”
47. “Beauty is the purest feeling of the soul. Beauty arises when the soul is satisfied.” – Amit Ray
48. “Friendship is one mind in two bodies.” – Mencius
49. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
50. “That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you – the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you – because that is what people are supposed to do.”
That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you – the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you – because that is what people are supposed to do.”
51. “The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy
52. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” – Oscar Wilde
53. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
54. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer
55. “I used to believe in one true soulmate, but not anymore. I believe you can have a few.” – Paul Walker
56. “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.” – Faye Hall.
57. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
58. “That our heartbeats began to dance and reminded us to live once again.” – Mimi Novic
59. “I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times… In life after life, in age after age, forever.” – Tagore
60. “Our universe grants every soul a twin, a reflection of themselves—the kindred spirit. And, no matter where they are or how far away they are from each other, even if they are in different dimensions, they will always find one another. This is destiny; this is love.” – Julie Dillon
61. “Rather than being about excitement and lust, a soul mate relationship is characterized by such things as a shared life path, a sense of comfort and ease, and a genuine liking of each other.” – Katherine Woodward Thomas
62. “We recognize a soulmate by the supreme level of comfort and security we feel with that person. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t issues that remain to be ironed out. Rather, it means we know intuitively that we can resolve issues with our soul mate without losing his or her love and respect.” – Linda Brady
63. “I told you. You don't love someone because of their looks or their clothes or their car. You love them because they sing a song only your heart can understand.” – L.J. Smith
64. “Every friendship goes through ups and downs. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together.” – Mariella Frostrup
Every friendship goes through ups and downs. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together.” – Mariella Frostrup
65. “Our souls have conversations words could never describe.” – Bridgett Devoue
66. “A soulmate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening.” – Kenny Loggins
67. “We click. There aren’t that many people that you just ‘click’ with; and when you find those people, you don’t just let them go.” – Unknown
68. “A soulmate is not a person you find, but one who helps you find your soul.” – Jeffrey Fry
69. “What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that? he wondered. Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away? The math seemed impossible.” – Rainbow Rowell
70. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
71. “When you’re in love, you’re capable of learning everything and knowing things you had never dared even to think because love is the key to an understanding of all the mysteries.” – Paulo Coelho
72. “Eventually soulmates meet, for they have the same hiding place.” – Robert Brault
73. “You see,” she concluded miserably, “when I can call like that to him across space—I belong to him. He doesn't love me—he never will—but I belong to him.” – L.M. Montgomery
74. “A bond between souls is ancient—older than the planet.” – Dianna Hardy
75. “You can meet thousands of people and none of them will touch you. And then one day, someone can come in and touch your soul and before you know it, your life has been changed forever.” – Jamie Randall
76. “Maybe love at first sight isn’t what we think it is. Maybe it’s recognizing a soul we loved in a past life and falling in love with them again.” – Kamand Kojouri
77. “Do you believe, as I do, that our souls spoke, long before our lips ever got a chance to?” – Sayed H. Fatimi
78. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
79. “A soul mate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would.” – Dawson Leery
80. “And how will you know when you've found the elusive someone? I suspect she will be like air. Like knowing how to breathe.” – Renee Ahdieh
81. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
True Soulmates Quotes
82. “A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes. We are attracted to another person at a soul level not because that person is our unique complement, but because by being with that individual, we are somehow provided with an impetus to become whole ourselves.” – Edgar Cayce
83. “Soulmate relationships are never complicated, difficult, or dramatic. True soulmates are like long-lost puzzle pieces that easily fall into place the moment they are found. And it’s always a perfect fit.” – Anthon St. Maarten
84. “It is not until you rhyme with a person that makes you their perfect match, it is when you are satisfied with each other's peculiarities, and find jewels in their loopholes.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
85. “Imagine meeting someone who even understood the dustiest corners of your mixed-up soul.” – Unknown
86. “He was my secret conduit to myself—like a catalyst that allows us to become who we are, the foreign body, the pacer, the graft, the patch that sends all the right impulses, the steel pin that keeps a soldier’s bone together, the other man’s heart that makes us more us than we were before the transplant.” – André Aciman
87. “Your soulmate will be the stranger you recognize.” – R.H.Sin
88. “Connecting with someone is not necessarily a bond with a significant other or even a friend, but can be the indefinable—perhaps the rarest and most precious thing in life to find at all.” – Donna Lynn Hope
89. “Our lives may not have fit together, but our souls know how to dance…” – K. Towne Jr.
90. “Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.” – Paulo Coelho
91. “You don’t fall in love with a body, you fall in love with a soul. And once in love with a soul, everything about that body becomes beautiful.” – Unknown
92. “A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person, we’re safe in our own paradise.” – Richard Bach
A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person, we’re safe in our own paradise.” – Richard Bach
93. “The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves you, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Carrie Bradshaw
94. “A heart worth loving is one you understand, even in silence.” – Shannon L. Alder
95. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
96. “If we’d never met, I think I would have known my life wasn’t complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn’t know who I was looking for.” – Nicholas Sparks
97. “A strong soul reaches anyplace, anytime; body fails to restrain it. And thus, perhaps soulmates are formed.” – Munia Khan
98. “I want a soul mate who can sit me down, shut me up, tell me ten things I don’t already know, and make me laugh. I don’t care what you look like, just turn me on. And if you can do that, I will follow you on bloody stumps through the snow. I will nibble your mukluks with my own teeth. I will do your windows. I will care about your feelings. Just have something in there.” – Henry Rollins
99. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
100. “The greatest love stories are not those in which love is only spoken, but those in which it is acted upon.” – Steve Maraboli
101. “Most people have more than one soulmate. A soulmate can come in the form of a life partner, friend, child, or lover. A soul mate can be someone with whom you share a spiritual path, a joint work in the world, or a commitment to be parents to certain souls. It can be one whose growth you are sponsoring, such as a child.” – Sanaya Roman
If you have already found your soulmate, then lucky you—it’s just now a matter of keeping the fire burning and maintaining the connection.
But if you are still looking for him or her, there is no need to rush. Things are always at their best when they have been built on patience and perseverance.
We hope that these quotes can help you determine if the connection between you and your soulmate is that of a true bond—one bond that does not discriminate or judge, and that can last a lifetime.
Did any of these quotes resonate with you?
We’d love to hear which one. Feel free to share a comment below.
Also, if one of the images caught your eye, we’d appreciate if you’d share it on your favorite social media account!
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.