31 Words of Encouragement for Men to Help When They’re Struggling
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Just like women, men need emotional support too. Perhaps the only difference is that women are more vocal about their emotions and what they think would make them feel happier and better.
But just because men don’t articulate their emotions like women, they still need to be encouraged and cheered on.
Men feel pain and experience failure. They know the sting of defeat. They may not always show it, but they also have their fair share of difficulties and frustrations.
In this post, we share a few words of encouragement for men who are struggling with challenges and trying to cope. We hope that these words can help them be the greatest version of themselves—the way they were meant to be.
Before we get down to our list, let’s discuss some of the reasons why words of encouragement are important.
Why Read Words of Encouragement?
Words of encouragement are confidence and self-esteem boosters. They act as energizers that fuel the spirits of men (and women) to be more inspired and motivated in achieving their life goals. Encouragement is the gateway to action, and action is an important step toward success and triumph.
When other people speak words of encouragement to us, we feel like we can conquer any challenge that may come our way. The same goes for the quotes listed in this article—reading them can make us feel that we have what it takes to thrive and be successful.
Words of encouragement are important because they help build trust and confidence between people. They lead to better relationships and positive results. Although it is a very simple thing, encouraging words can help people become more confident and successful.
Let’s check out our list to help men feel more loved and appreciated!
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
- “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
- “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” – Swati Sharma
- “A man must at times be hard as nails: willing to face up to the truth about himself…But he must also be tender. No weapon will breach the armor of a woman’s resentment like tenderness.” – Elisabeth Elliot
- “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
- “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
- “A strong man doesn’t have to be dominant toward a woman. He doesn’t match his strength against a woman weak with love for him. He matches it against the world.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Rikki Rogers
- “The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better.” – John Dewey
- “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.” – Hasidic Proverb
- “Adversity toughens manhood, and the characteristic of the good or the great man is not that he has been exempt from the evils of life, but that he has surmounted them.” – Patrick Henry
- “Strong men can always afford to be gentle. Only the weak are intent on giving as good as they get.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Life is too short to be little. Man is never so manly as when he feels deeply, acts boldly, and expresses himself with frankness and with fervor.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Sometimes, when you’re in a dark place, you think you’ve been buried, but actually you’ve been planted.” – Christine Caine
- “The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” – Brandon Sanderson
“The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” – Brandon Sanderson
- “There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time.” – Malcolm X
- “You spend time with your family? Good. Because a man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man.” – Don Vito Corleone
- “Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.” – 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
- “There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them.” – Phyllis Bottome
- “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F. Kennedy
- “You have to have a bunch of dimensions of yourself. You have to be able to adapt to this world. You can’t be a nice guy living in a world of savages.” – Mike Tyson
- “If you perform the sacrifice of doing your duty, you do not have to do anything else. Devoted to duty, man attains perfection.” – Bhagavad Gita
- “The first step to being a good man is this: You must deeply feel the burden of the stones some else [is] carrying.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “My idea of the modern stoic sage is someone who transforms fear into prudence, pain into information, mistakes into initiation, and desire into undertaking.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
- “You don’t succeed by being perfect. You succeed by doing good work, consistently.” – Thibaut
- “It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them — the character, the heart, generous qualities, progressive ideas.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” – Tony Robbins
- “For the unwise man, there are things to do. For the wise man, there are things to understand.” – Kapil Gupta
- “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – John Wooden
Strength is not always measured in physical stamina and muscular endurance; it can also include emotional stability and mental fortitude. We believe that men—just like women—need words of encouragement to feed their minds and souls with positive thoughts and emotions.
We hope that the quotes we shared above can help the men in your life cope and overcome life’s troubles and challenges. We pray that, through these quotes, they will be able to achieve their goals and find ultimate happiness and life satisfaction.