There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
We all have a warrior within us just waiting to be unleashed.
In today’s post, we’ve got some warrior quotes to stoke the furnace within you. No matter what challenges you face or what battles there are to fight, there is strength to face it.
Though sometimes, we have to dig deep to find this power, the reward for doing it is to come in touch with that part of you that refuses to be beaten.
While life can break you, it can also remake you into something much stronger.
Why Read Warrior Quotes?
The warrior is a popular archetype across humanity's history. The warrior's role is to protect, fight, and defeat those who seek to harm their way of life or anyone they care about. The warrior isn’t afraid of a challenge and in fact, relishes it as an opportunity to test and improve their skills.
If you feel this is not an apt description for you right now then fear not – the idea that anyone can go from strength to strength and power through life with no difficulty is a Hollywood myth. The only way to make contact with the warrior within you is to push through those moments when you’re at your weakest.
Our warrior quotes compilation will help inspire your mind to help you find the unbreakable strength that resides within all of us.
While the most obvious image of the warrior is on the battlefield, there are warriors all around us – the man or woman who works hard to provide for their family is a warrior. The athlete who pushes themselves to the limit is a warrior, in fact, if you want to watch a true warrior in action observe a baby learning how to walk.
Seriously, a baby learning to walk is a lesson in determination for everyone. They might stumble around and fall over a hundred times, and when they do manage to stand up their strides would put a drunkard to shame – but they don’t give up.
Now, with all that said, here are the warrior quotes!
89 Warrior Quotes to Help You Fight Through Life
1. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
2. “Weakness is strong. I must be stronger.” – Jocko Willink
3. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “To be heroic is to be courageous enough to die for something; to be inspirational is to be crazy enough to live a little.” – Criss Jami
5. “The most essential factor is persistence – the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.” – James Whitcomb Riley
6. “Strength and growth only come through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
7. “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means, keep moving.” – Martin Luther King Jr
8. “The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.” – Carlos Castaneda
9. “There is a source of strength that will always spring up if thou wilt always look” – Marcus Aurelius
10. “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” – Booker T. Washington
11. “A warrior is not a person that carries a gun. The biggest war you ever go through is right between your own ears. It’s in your mind. We’re all going through a war in our mind, and we have to callus our minds to fight that war and to win that war.” – David Goggins
12. “To hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Miyamoto Musashi
13. “Being a warrior is not about the act of fighting. It’s about being so prepared to face a challenge and believing so strongly in the cause you are fighting for that you refuse to quit.” – Michael J. Asken
14. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, and working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
15. “It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.” – Emiliano Zapata
16. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
17. “Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one of them is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” – Heraclitus
18. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
19. “Warriors are not what you think of as warriors. The warrior is not someone who fights, because no on has the right to take another life. The warrior, for us, is on who sacrifices himself for the good of others. His task is to take care of the elderly, the defenseless, those who can not provide for themselves, and above all, the children, the future of humanity.” – Sitting Bull
20. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
21. “Cowards shrink from challenges, weaklings flee from them, but warriors wink at them.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
22. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” – Bob Moawad
23. “During times of persistent hardship is when the warrior learns the most about his fortitude.” – Bodhi Sanders
24. “If a lion turned every time small dogs barked at it, it would be the laughing stock of the jungle.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
25. “The thing about a hero, is even when it doesn’t look like there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, he’s going to keep digging, he’s going to keep trying to do right and make up for what’s gone before, just because that’s who he is.” – Joss Whedon
The thing about a hero, is even when it doesn’t look like there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, he’s going to keep digging, he’s going to keep trying to do right and make up for what’s gone before, just because that’s who he is.” – Joss Whedon
26. “The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “My heart was born a warrior, each day I'm fighting still. I am everything the darkness could not kill.” – John Mark Green
28. “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Napoleon Hill
29. “Warriors do not lower themselves to the standards of other people; they live independently; according to their own standards and code of conduct.” – Bohdi Sanders
30. “I don’t know how I’m going to win, I just know I’m not going to lose.” – Gokham Saki
31. “Dig deeper within the confines of your inner warrior. I guarantee, you haven't yet seen the real you, who is ridiculously fearless and outrageously unstoppable.” – Hiral Nagda
32. “Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destination – that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realize the great life.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
33. “Women that believe in each other can survive anything. Women who believe in each other create armies that will win kingdoms and wars.” – Nikita Gill
34. “Hide your weaknesses from your enemies. Play down your strengths.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
35. “Better to fight and fall than to live without hope.” – Volsunga
36. “Untroubled, scornful, outrageous – that is how wisdom wants us to be: she is a woman and never loves anyone but a warrior.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
37. “Hardships will push you harder to slump in deep dejection but you, the warrior will erase its intent by your tenacity.” – Spriha Kant
38. “You are a warrior! Built to endure. Able to conquer. Nothing can hold you down.” – Beatrice Garrett
39. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
40. “Weapons may be carried by creatures who are evil, dishonest, violent or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.” – Brian Jacque
41. “A Warrior that speaks truth cuts sharper than winter cold.” – Kevin Anytime
42. “When you become fully responsible for your life, you can become fully human; once you become human, you may discover what it means to be a warrior.” – Dan Millman
43. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
44. “The essence of warriorship, or the essence of human bravery, is refusing to give up on anyone or anything.” – Chogyam Trungpa
45. “The fiercest warriors, do not carry a sword to the battlefield; instead, they are armed with wisdom.” – RJ Intindola quotes
The fiercest warriors, do not carry a sword to the battlefield; instead, they are armed with wisdom.” – RJ Intindola quotes
46. “Protecting yourself is self-defense. Protecting others is warriorship.” – Bodhi Sanders
47. “My strength did not come from lifting weights. My strength came from lifting myself up when I was knocked down.” – Bob Moore
48. “A warrior must only take care that his spirit is never broken.” – Shissai
49. “My blade may be short – but it’s long enough to pierce your heart” – Unknown Spartan Solider
50. “The bird rises against a strong headwind, not only in spite of the wind but because of it. The opposing force becomes a lifting force if faced at the right angle.” – L. B. Cowman
51. “The warrior is one compelled by an inner, often insensible calling to forge an untouchable sword of discipline … seeking to prove one's worth by pursuing adversity, and pushing against struggle, even for causes larger than one's own.” – Brian S Woods
52. “Silence is the warrior’s art — and meditation is his sword. With it, you’ll cut through your illusions.” – Dan Millman
53. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
54. “Some warriors look fierce, but are mild. Some seem timid, but are vicious. Look beyond appearances; position yourself for the advantage.” – Deng Ming-Dao
55. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
56. “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within.” – Miyamoto Musashi
57. “Defeat exists but not suffering. A true warrior knows that when he loses a battle, he is improving the skill with which he wields a sword. He will be able to fight more skillfully next time.” – Paulo Coelho
58. “Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.” – Sun Tzu
59. “If adversity was truly bad, warriors wouldn't rise from it.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
60. “The strength of a warrior is not defined by the wars he wins; but the times he seeks for peace.” – Aniket S Sharma
61. “Tomorrow’s victory is today’s practice.” – Chris Bradford
62. “There is more than one path to the top of the mountain” – Miyamoto Musashi
63. “I will either find a way or make one.” – Hannibal Barca
64. “The warrior fights with courage, not with anger.” – Ashanti Proverb
65. “A warrior is not controlled by the ego.” – Bert McCoy
66. “Control your anger. If you hold anger toward others, they have control over you. Your opponent can dominate and defeat you if you allow him to get you irritated.” – Miyamoto Musashi
67. “Every great warrior must learn to endure and overcome the adversities of life.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
68. “Every battle is lost or won in the arena of the mind.” – Kierra C.T. Banks
69. “You have to be both, a warrior and a thinker, to cope with the changing times such as these.” – Haresh Sippy
70. “Competition doesn’t scare a true warrior, it makes him better.” – Andrew Whitworth
71. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
72. “It is necessary to treat training as part of normal life with your spirit unchanging.” – Miyamoto Musashi
73. “It is said the warrior's is the twofold Way of pen and sword, and he should have a taste for both Ways.” – Miyamoto Musashi
74. “The big difference between a warrior and a victim is that the victim represses and the warrior refrains.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
75. “A warrior’s greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
76. “Warriors don’t raise to the level of expectations, they fall to the level of their training.” – Archilochus
77. “Never accept an inferior position to anyone. It is the strongest spirit that wins, not the most expensive sword.” – Miyamoto Musashi
78. “To be a warrior is to learn to be genuine in every moment of your life.” – Chogyam Trungpa
79. “I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I am a warrior, and it is the way of the warrior to fight superior odds.” – Paul Watson
80. “Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.” – Carl von Clausewitz
81. “The path of the warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying on the path.” – Richard Strozzi-Heckler
82. “Warriors do not win victories by beating their heads against the walls, but by overtaking the walls. Warriors jump over walls. They don’t demolish them.” – Carlos Castaneda
83. “Toil and risk are the price of glory, but it is a great thing to live with courage and die leaving an everlasting fame.” – Alexander The Great
84. “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.” – Confucius
85. “It’s natural to feel fear. All great warriors are afraid. Only the stupid and the delusional are not.” – Rick Riordan
86. “The successful warrior is the average man with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
87. “Strategy is the craft of the warrior.” – Miyamoto Musashi
88. “The fight isn’t over until you win.” – Robin Hobb
89. “The supreme accomplishment of the warrior—to perform the commonplace under far from commonplace conditions.” – Steven Pressfield
Final Thoughts on Warrior Quotes
That brings us to the end of our quotes. We hope these provide you with some inspiration to harness that warrior residing within you – everyone, without exception, has one somewhere.
The best way to start unleashing your warrior is to face your difficulties head-on, check out these 13 strategies for overcoming adversity and challenge, to help you do just that.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 91 Perseverance Quotes About Overcoming Adversity in Life
- 101 Badass Quotes to Demonstrate Your Superpowers
- 47 Motivational Fighter Quotes to Win in Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.