There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Looking to rekindle a little motivation?
In today's post, we’ll be providing you with some handpicked grind quotes to get your mojo back. It’s amazing how a short shift in perspective can renew our motivation and get us to take steps after a setback or when we’re feeling overwhelmed.
However, before we bring forth the quotes let’s discuss a little bit more about “grind quotes” and motivation in general.
What You Will Learn
Everyone has chunks of time in their lives when they feel down or not able to complete as many tasks as they believe they should. In some cases, we overwhelm ourselves with a pile of work so big that waking up in the morning and getting through it all feels like climbing a mountain. However, if this is you, you should know that you’re not alone.
Whether you’re a professional in the throes of a low in your career and feeling some burnout or at school feeling like no matter what you do your grades aren’t improving then google might have brought you to look for some handy grind quotes to give you a boost.
Why will those quotes help? To answer that question we have to understand a bit about our psychology. In many cases, your brain tries to make what you believe a reality, so if you tell yourself that you can’t do something or that it’s all too much, often it becomes your reality.
Quotes work almost like mini affirmations. They give you something else to draw from when times are tough, they give you an alternative perspective to understand when everything seems to be falling apart. In many cases, quotes give us seeds or nuggets of wisdom that can get us to the next level when we’re struggling.
It’s a fact of life that there are going to be times when there’s lots of work to be done, but sometimes the only thing we can do is just grit our teeth and put our noses to the grindstone.
Now, let’s have a look at these quotes.
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” – Lao Tzu
- “Only in drama does it end with the tragedy. In life, it grinds on. Moanday, Tearsday, Happydays, right through to Shatterdays—and again.” – Gayla Reid
- “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anais Nin
- “When you’re in the day-to-day grind, it just seems like it’s another step along the way. But I find joy in the actual process, the journey, the work. It’s not the end. It’s not the end event.” – Cal Ripken, Jr.
- “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” – Mark Twain
- “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Don’t stay in bed unless you can make money in bed.” – George Burns
- “We cannot solve problems with the kind of thinking we employed when we came up with them.” – Albert Einstein
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “Fall down seven times, get up eight” – Japanese Proverb
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strengths you need tomorrow. Don’t give up.” – Rober Tew
- “I’m thankful to God that my life changed, but I’m also still on my grind.” – Tory Lanez
- “It can be a grind, training and fighting and waiting for your chance. But when that opportunity presents itself, you have to be ready because you never know if or when you'll get another shot.” – Tyron Woodley
- “People just see the shine. They don’t see the grind.” – Kodak Black
- “The dream is free. Hustle is sold separately.” – Steve Harvey
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
- “My confidence comes from the daily grind—training my butt off day in and day out.” – Hope Solo
- “The door will be opened for those who are bold enough to knock.” – Anonymous
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “You have to stay focused and be mentally tough. That's what I've really learned: every day is a grind, and you have to go hard.” – Chris Gronkowski
- “That’s what the grind is—doing all the little things knowing that something may not come out of it. It probably won’t. But the goal is to get a shot at it.” – Bobby Bones
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
- “For me, the main thing is to continue to work, continue to grind on everything, and stay focused.” – Trevor Ariza
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
- “Hard work opens doors and shows the world that you are serious about being one of those rare – and special – human beings who use the fullness of their talents to do their very best.” – Robin S. Sharma
- “To achieve anything we must grind, but to enjoy anything we must flow.” – Chris Matakas
- “You can’t build your reputation on what you’re going to do.” – Henry Ford
- “Keep going. Grind for what you want. Pray. Listen to your mama.” – Gunna
- “Happiness is not the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Time and again we have learned that the best way to achieve growth and create jobs is for hardworking people to keep more of their own money in their own pockets” – Chris Chocola
- “Don’t whine for it, grind for it.” – Chanda Temple
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. The slogan ‘Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. The slogan ‘Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “I knew if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew one thing I might regret is not trying.” – Jeff Bezos
- “Never expect appreciation for your hardwork. Make sure you are doing the right thing and just continue.” – Janaki Sooriyarachchi
- “Talk less, grind more.” -Atlas Rowe
- “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” – John Wooden
- “Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work. I had to put in the time to get back. And it was a grind. It meant training and sweating every day. But I was completely committed to working out to prove to myself that I still could do it.” – Andre Agassi
- “Life is like a movie, pick your own role. Climb your own ladder and dig your own hole.” – J. Cole
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
- “It takes time, it's a grind. There are no shortcuts. You've got to grind and grind.” – Mark Cuban
- “Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted. A vision without action is merely a dream. Action—it’s the grind, it’s the hustle, it’s the persistence.” – Kevin Gates
- “Do what you have to do, to do what you want to do.” – Denzel Washington
- “The world is yours and everything in it, it’s out there -get on your grind and get it.” – Young Jeezy
- “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “Shooting a season can be a grind. It can be seven to eight months of work. Once you stop, it slows down any momentum you had.” – Cress Williams
- “It’s not a question of how much work it will take, how much suffering will be involved, or how fast the results will come. It’s about committing to the grind every day.” – Ben Bergeron
- “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all the time.” – Don Zimmer
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “Before we too can move mountains, we must learn to walk the daily grind—one quiet step at a time.” – Sebastian Richard
- “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” – Jim Rohn
- “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” – Unknown
- “Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.” – Thomas Holcroft
- “My legacy is that I will hustle and grind. No one will stop me from hustling. I’ll be where God wants me to be.” – August Alsina
- “Those on the top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Marcus Washling
- “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
- “Without hard work and discipline it is difficult to be a top professional.” – Jahangir Khan
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Adair
- “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” – Vernon Sanders Law
- “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” – Hope Hicks
- “Most of the time, when it rains it starts pouring, but how we grind it makes the weather change for us.” – Nipsey Hussle
- “The hustle brings the dollar. The experience brings the knowledge. The persistence brings success.” – Ross Simmonds
- “Goal setting is the secret to a compelling future.” – Tony Robbins
- “Nothing worth having comes easy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
- “Kung fu means supreme skill from hard work, a great poet has reached kung fu, the painter and the calligrapher have achieved kung fu… practice, preparation, endless repetition, until your mind is weary and your bones ache – that is the way, the only way.” – One Hundred Eyes
That brings us to the end of our compilation. We hope these quotes provide you with some extra zing and get your motivation fired for any challenges you face.
It’s entirely human to feel overwhelmed and lose zeal, but it’s also up to us to pick ourselves up and carry on moving when things get rough.
If you want more motivation help, check out these 45 motivation affirmations to stay positive with any goal.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.