There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
There are days when motivation only stretches as far as the sofa. The comfies are on, the remote is handy, and the ice cream tub is calling your name.
And why the heck not? It’s good to just kick back now and then.
But sometimes, that comfy slump can become way too familiar. And the idea of getting up and getting on is more intimidating than some in-mate documentary on Netflix.
The soothing cycle of eat, sleep, binge watch, and repeat muffles any thoughts of “What am I doing with my life?” And the obstacles you should be facing are ignored, much like the suspicious stain on the front of your hoody.
But this isn’t how your story goes. No matter what’s going on in your life, you have to dust yourself off and move forward. And these 75 keep pushing quotes are a helping hand for you to do just that.
(Side note: Want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life? Then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success).
What You Will Learn
Why is It So Hard to Move Forward?
When you’ve been through a difficult time, such as a relationship breakdown or a dream job rejection, it can be really tough to just put one foot in front of the other.
The time and energy you’ve given and seemingly wasted feels like a real kick in the teeth, whilst moving forward is a daunting task that you're just not ready to take on.
And all too easily, ‘Not today’ soon becomes your go-to mantra.
But what if you got up and said, ‘Yes, today. Today, I’m going to accept what happened and not let it define me”? What if you decided to keep pushing and start building your dreams again?
Whilst the situation may be painful, it’s still only a stepping stone to where you want to be. And though you may feel anxious about what comes next, the only way to get past these feelings is to keep going.
No one wants to be stuck in that rut. No one wants to feel like they can’t move forward. But in that instance, we all have the opportunity to change the situation.
And whilst it won’t be easy, making the decision to keep pushing yourself, to keep believing in yourself, will take you one step closer to where you want to be.
So let’s get started with these 75 keep pushing quotes.
75 Keep Pushing Quotes So You Can Move Forward
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
- “Pat yourself on the back when you win, and when you don’t, just keep moving! So long as you don’t stop moving, soon you may realize just how close you are to winning!” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “When we push ourselves, we come back stronger.” – Unknown
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.” – Henry Ford
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
- “Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A ‘You can do it,’ when things are tough.” – Richard M. DeVos
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”- Paulo Coelho
- “Push, persist until something happens.” – Unknown
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “The moment you want to quit is the moment you need to keep pushing.” – Unknown
- “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.” – William James
- “When people try to discredit you, just remember who you are and whose you are. Raise your head high and keep pushing.” – Germany Kent
- “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” – Eloise Ristad
- “The answer to every adversity lies in courageously moving forward with faith.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “Perseverance means keep pushing.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The secret to success is to keep pushing and stay focused.” – Unknown
- “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” – Tony Robbins
- “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Motivation is the fuel necessary to keep the human engine running.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I'll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” – Lou Holtz
- “You can’t expect to move forward if your emergency break is on.” – Angela Cecilia
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes, courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, ‘I’ll try again tomorrow.'” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” – J.K. Rowling
- “I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.” – Unknown
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryan
- “This is one of the most important themes I want you to take from me: Stay as positive and upbeat as you can possibly be. I’ll say it many times: if you can dream it, you can be it.” – John Calipari
- “March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Remember, difficult does not mean impossible.” – Unknown
- “When adversity strikes, that's when you have to be the most calm, take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded and press on.” – LL Cool J
- “Life is hard enough. Life is always going to be hard, so you need to push for what you want.” – Dizzee Rascal
- “If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more.” – Joyce Meyer
If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more.” – Joyce Meyer
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Keep positive and keep pushing on, and things will turn good.” – Conor McGregor
- “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” – Richard Branson
- “It’s a slow process, but quitting won’t speed it up.” – Unknown
- “Take a limitation and turn it into an opportunity. Take an opportunity and turn it into an adventure by dreaming BIG!” – Jo Franz
- “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” – Fridtjof Nansen
- “The most certain way to succeed is to just try one more time.” – Thomas Edison
- “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Henry Link
- “It's just life. You have to be able to get up, face your flaws, and just, whatever it is, a step, an inch, you just got to keep moving forward.” – Monty Williams
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
- “The most important thing any broken individual can do is keep their chin up and keep moving forward.” – Matt Hardy
- “When the tide gets high, sail on. You'll make it safe to the shore …and all the hidden treasures will be yours!” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “I don’t think anything is unrealistic if you believe you can do it.” – Mike Ditka
- “Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight, and off you go.” – Nicole Kidman
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” – Lao Tzu
- “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.” – Joseph Campbell
- “It’s not who you are that holds you back. It’s who you think you’re not.” – Unknown
- “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds.” – Ana Claudia Antunes
- “Set your goal and keep moving forward.” – Georges St-Pierre
- “You goals do not care that you are tired. Push through.” – Unknown
- “We don't develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara Angelis
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Because some people see a wall, and assume that’s the end of their journey. Others see it, and decide it’s just the beginning.” – Angeline Trevena
- “Don't wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110% all the time.” – Don Zimmer
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Success is what comes after you stop making excuses.” – Luis Galarza
- “There's no time for regrets. You've just got to keep moving forward.” – Mike McCready
- “Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal.” – Nathan Chen
- “With each step I take, I see that my ability to perform gets a little better. So until it starts getting worse, I'm going to keep moving forward.” – Rivers Cuomo
- “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Challenges are what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes it meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “Never give up hope. All things are working for your good. One day, you’ll look back on everything you’ve been through and thank God for it.” – Germany Kent
- “Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent, and be patient.” – Unknown
- “Believe in yourself, and you will be unstoppable.” – Unknown
Final Thoughts on Moving Forward
When trying to overcome a loss or rejection, it’s important to take some time out to process and accept what has happened. Unfortunately, you can’t turn back the clocks and do things differently, but you can take this as an opportunity to learn and grow as a person.
Though it may be hard to see, even these stumbling blocks are steps forward. And though they may not be as smooth sailing as hoped, you can learn to balance and even take positives if you choose to look hard enough.
Not sure where to start? Check out these 13 best daily positive affirmations apps and remember, you’ve got this.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.