There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
What is true love? How exactly do we define a connection like that?
Perhaps there is no accurate answer to these questions. The real meaning of true love is different for each person and situation. In the end, it all boils down to what we feel when we finally experience it.
But while we may not have a universal definition of true love, we can often describe how it feels exactly. Many people have already found their true and everlasting love, and we can refer to their words to get a glimpse of what true love really is.
In this post, we have gathered 107 quotes and sayings that talk about true love. You can use these quotes and sayings to form a deeper connection and strengthen the bond between you and your partner.
First up, we have 21 true love quotes that women can use to make their partners, and particularly their husbands, happy and proud. With these quotes, you will surely melt his heart and take his breath away.
True Love Quotes for Him
- “Your love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth.” – Eleanor Di Guillo
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
- “I may not be your first date, kiss or love…but I want to be your last everything.” – Unknown
- “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
“Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
- “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” – Doug Fetherling
- “I fell in love with the way you touched me without using your hands.” – Unknown
- “Before you came into my life, I never knew what true love felt like.” – Unknown
- “I love you, with no beginning, no end. I love you as you have become an extra necessary organ in my body. I love you as only a girl could love a boy. Without fear. Without expectations. Wanting nothing in return, except that you allow me to keep you here in my heart, that I may always know your strength, your eyes, and your spirit that gave me freedom and let me fly.“ – Coco J. Ginger
- “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
- “Thank you, my love, for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.” – Unknown
- “If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.” – Deanna Anderson
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride.” – Pablo Neruda
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
- “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” – Diana Peterfreund
- “I like the way you make me feel even when I’m nowhere near.” – Unknown
- “I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “I love you as one loves certain dark things, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda
- “My love for you has no depth; its boundaries are ever-expanding.” – Christina White
- “I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.“ – Roy Croft
- “I need you like a heart needs a beat.” – One Republic
Who said that men don’t like compliments? Most people believe that men do not need compliments, but the fact is that men also need praise and admiration sometimes.
When you compliment your man, you will make him fall head over heels for you all over again. If you tell him that you are the luckiest woman in the world for having a man like him, you make him feel like he is the lucky one because he has found you.
But what if you are looking for true love quotes you can say to make the woman in your life feel appreciated?
Our next set is for you. The following are true love quotes you can tell her to make her realize how much she means to you.
True Love Quotes for Her
- “I am very indecisive and always have trouble picking my favorite anything. But, without a doubt, you are my favorite everything.” – Unknown
- “I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “You will forever be my always.” – Unknown
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
- “When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” – Unknown
When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” – Unknown
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
- “When I tell you I love you, I am not saying it out of habit; I am reminding you that you are my life.” – Unknown
- “I hope you know that every time I tell you to get home safe, stay warm, have a good day, or sleep well what I am really saying is I love you. I love you so damn much that it is starting to steal other words’ meanings.” – Open 365 on Tumblr
- “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.” – Valerie Lombardo
- “I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.” – Unknown
- “True love, to me, is when she's the first thought that goes through your head when you wake up and the last thought that goes through your head before you go to sleep.” – Justin Timberlake
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.“ – Leo Christopher
- “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.” – Unknown
- “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” – Inconnu
- “Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.” – Unknown
- “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said to have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” – George Moore
- “A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.” – Henry Wadsworth
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… I love… I love you.” – Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice
- “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.” – Unknown
- “I’m much more me when I’m with you.” – Unknown
Make her fall in love with you over and over again with these true love quotes. Your girl deserves all the love in the world. Treat her like a treasure that you never want to let go.
Women love men who are confident enough to speak their feelings. This is because they know how hard it often is for men to express their emotions. So use these quotes to melt her heart and show her that you are a confident guy.
If you are looking for more quotes to make your woman happier, here’s a longer list.
Our third set of quotes is for couples who are deeply in love with each other. Let these sayings inspire you to fall more in love every day with the man or woman of your dreams.
True Love Quotes for Couples
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” – T. Tolis
- “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Ask me to define my love for you and I’ll say it’s captured in every beautiful memory of our past, detailed out in vivid visions of our dreams and future plans, but most of all it’s right now, at the moment where everything I’ve ever wanted in my life is standing right in front of me.” – Leo Christopher
- “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Love is a great master. It teaches us to be what we never were.” – Moliere
- “True love doesn't happen right away; it's an ever-growing process. It develops after you've gone through many ups and downs, when you've suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” – Ricardo Montalban
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” – Sophocles
- “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.” – Lao Tzu
- “True love – that is, deep, abiding love that is impervious to emotional whims or fancy – is a choice. It's a constant commitment to a person regardless of the present circumstances.” – Mark Manson
- “Love understands love; it needs no talk.” – Francis Havergal
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Love stretches your heart and makes you big inside.” – Margaret Walker
- “Love consists in giving without getting in return; in giving what is not owed, what is not due the other. That's why true love is never based, as associations for utility or pleasure are, on a fair exchange.” – Mortimer Adler
- “Love brings to life whatever is dead around us.” – Franz Rosenzweig
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Harry Burns
- “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.” – Ellen G. White
True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.” – Ellen G. White
- “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.” – Honore de Balzac
- “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
- “You're not looking for perfection in your partner. Perfection is all about the ego. With soulmate love, you know that true love is what happens when disappointment sets in – and you're willing to deal maturely with these disappointments.”– Karen Salmansohn
Some people say that our one true love comes only once in a lifetime. So when you find it, you have to make sure you savor the experience.
Next, we have some bonus funny love quotes that will surely tickle your funny bone while also warming your hart. They are cute and hilarious—quotes you can definitely use to make your partner laugh.
Funny Love Quotes
- “You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.” – Unknown
- “I love you more than I love getting drunk. And I really, really love getting drunk.” – Unknown
- “Forget the butterflies; I feel the whole zoo when I am with you.” – Unknown
- “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
- “Come live in my heart and pay no rent.” – Samuel Lover
- “Just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren’t naked right now.” – Unknown
- “I love you like a fat kid loves cake.” – Scott Adams
- “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “Marriage is like vitamins: we supplement each other’s minimum daily requirements.” – Kathy Mohnke
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Stop waiting for your prince in a white horse. Go and find him. The poor bastard might be lost, stuck in an island or something.” – Unknown
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles Schulz
- “Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.” – Phyllis Diller
- “If you love ’em in the morning with their eyes full of crust; if you love ’em at night with their hair full of rollers, chances are, you’re in love.” – Miles Davis
- “Love is the same as like except you feel sexier.” – Judith Viorst
- “Romantic love is a mental illness. But it’s a pleasurable one.” – Fran Lebowitz
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
- “Marriage is like pantyhose. It all depends on what you put into it.” – Phyllis Schlafly
- “Love is telling someone that his zipper is open or her wig looks too fake.” – Unknown
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
More Quotes on True Love
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- “I love true love, and I’m a woman who wants to be married for a lifetime. That traditional life is something that I want.” – Ali Larter
- “True love, especially first love, can be so tumultuous and passionate that it feels like a violent journey.” – Holliday Grainger
- “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” – William Shakespeare
- “True love will triumph in the end—which may or may not be a lie. But if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.” – John Green
- “Being in love with you makes every morning worth getting up for.” – Unknown
- “Two things you will never have to chase: true friends and true love”. – Mandy Hale
- “Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me.” – Sarah Bernhardt
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness”. – Julia Roberts
- “True love does not only encompass the things that make you feel good, but it also holds you to a standard of accountability.” – Monica Johnson
- “Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.” – Melissa Brown
- “True love isn’t without problems; it has many obstacles. True love is working through all of them and coming out happy with that someone on the other side.” – Unknown
- “When you adopt the view that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self-judgment, that any criticism you level is self-criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world.” – Harry Palmer
When you adopt the view that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self-judgment, that any criticism you level is self-criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world.” – Harry Palmer
- “You have replaced my nightmares with dreams, my worries with happiness, and my fears with love.” – Unknown
- “True love brings up everything—you’re allowing a mirror to be held up to you daily.” – Jennifer Aniston
- “You don’t marry someone you can live with. You marry the person who you cannot live without.” – Aleatha Romig
- “True love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant its flow.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “It may be an old cliche, but I think true love will last; it has no end. But finding the right person is a very difficult thing.” – Bruce Forsyth
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.” – Marie Schwarts
Despite all the challenges and obstacles you and your partner may face, you both have to keep the fire burning and the love alive. To do this, you need to remind yourself every day why you fell in love with each other in the first place.
The quotes we have shared can help you do just that. Read them every day and use them to make your partner know how much you love him or her.
Did any of the quotes listed above inspire you or make you fall in love even more? We’d love to know which one, so feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below!
And if you like one of the images included in this article, we’d appreciate it if you’d share it on your favorite social media accounts!
With the quotes provided above, we hope that you will be able to form a deeper connection and a stronger bond with your one true love.
And if you want more inspiration, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 101 Soulmate Quotes: Sayings for Your One True Love
- 77 Relationship Goals Quotes to Inspire Couples
- 87 Love Affirmations to Attract Romance & Relationship
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.