There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
If you’ve ever sat and wondered ‘Will things get better?’ then, yes, they will. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or even next week. But hang in there because things will work out in the end.
And that’s probably the easiest thing for someone on the outside to say. That, along with cliche lines such as ‘Paint on a smile’ and ‘Don’t let it drag you down’.
But it’s hard to look to the future when every day is a struggle. You stop seeing the sunshine through the clouds. And instead, sit waiting for the next lightning bolt to strike.
These ‘Things will get better’ quotes are the break in the storm you’ve been waiting for. Though they won’t solve today’s problems, they will help you see that the chaos can't last forever.
And that better times are ahead.
We’ve all had one of those days. The kind that starts off with a spilled coffee, endless red lights on your way to work, and a hole in your shoe that you only discover after stepping in the puddle.
You just want to scream ‘Why me?!’ And spend the next half an hour thinking the universe is out to get you.
As if things weren't bad enough, your car then fails the vehicle inspection. And annoyingly, the repair job is going to take a few days which means a long walk home in the dark.
On arrival, the fridge freezer has given up. And so, you find yourself sitting on the kitchen floor, eating as much ice cream as you can before it turns into a sticky puddle.
It's safe to say, life really does suck sometimes. The thought of ‘what could possibly go wrong next?’ keeps you awake long into the night (along with the dog, who now has bad wind from helping out with the ice cream fiasco!)
Not your current situation? Great! Things are looking up already.
And whatever is going on in your life right now, remember tomorrow is a new day. And so is the next. Each one, an opportunity to reset and restart. And that’s quite amazing.
Things will get better. Hard to believe when you’re running late for the third time this week and the heavens open as you step out the door. But now is the time to throw open your umbrella and stride through that storm like you own it.
You’ve got this. So let’s get started with these 57 things will get better quotes.
57 Positive Things Will Get Better Quotes For 2024
- “Things will only get better. One positive thought at a time.” – Unknown
- “When you are on a down swing, do not feel bad. Know the swing will change and things will get better. There are good times coming.” – Bob Proctor
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.” – Unknown
- “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, every thing will get better and sun will shine brighter than ever.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “As long as you're alive, there's always a chance things will get better.” – Laini Taylor
- “Nothing’s a failure, it’s just not supposed to work out that way because something better is supposed to come along.” – Unknown
Nothing’s a failure, it’s just not supposed to work out that way because something better is supposed to come along.” – Unknown
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – WinstonChurchill
- “Sometimes, bad days are there to remind us that we have good ones to look forward to.” – Unknown
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “You have to experience sadness to know happiness.” – Unknown
- “Storms don’t last forever.” – Unknown
- “Don’t wait for things to get easier, simpler, better. Life will always be complicated. Learn to be happy right now. Otherwise, you’ll run out of time.” – Unknown
- “As long as you keep going, you'll keep getting better. And as you get better, you gain more confidence. That alone is success.” – Tamara Taylor
- “You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.” – Ain Eineziz
- “You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.” – Unknown
- “Whenever you’re going through a bad day just remember, your track record for getting through bad days, so far, is 100%. That’s pretty darn good.” – Unknown
- “It’s gonna get harder before it gets easier. But it will get better, you just gotta make it through the hard stuff first.” – Unknown
- “Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” – Unknown
- “So far, you’ve survived 100% of your bad days.” – Unknown
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
- “What is coming is better than what is gone.” – Arabic Proverb
- “Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.” – Unknown
- “Be strong, because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” – Unknown
- “There is nothing like a dream to create the future.” – Victor Hugo
- “Smile, it maybe hard now, but do believe that things will only get better. Not worse.” – Unknown
- “Just because the past didn’t turn out like you wanted it to doesn’t mean your future can’t be better than you imagined.” – Unknown
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- “Your future is as bright as your faith.” – Unknown
- “You’re going to make it. It’ll be hard, but you’re going to make it.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place” – Unknown
- “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
- “The past is your lesson. The present is your gift. The future is your motivation.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” – Unknown
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” – Earl Nightingale
- “If you're reading this … Congratulations, you're alive. If that's not something to smile about, then I don't know what is.” – Chad Sugg
- “The future is uncertain, but that can be a good thing.” – Jennifer Niven
- “No matter how much it hurts now.. one day you will look back and realize it changed your life for the better.” – Unknown
- “Things will get better if you just hold out long enough.” – Desmond Dekker
- “Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or even in a year, but eventually things will turn up, you will get better and be able to look back and say with relief: “I made it”.” – Unknown
- “Every single day is a good day no matter how bright or dark it is, because it always brings an opportunity to start a positive beginning in your life.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “It's amazing how a little tomorrow can make up for a whole lot of yesterday.” – JohnGuare
- “Be strong, things will get better.” – Unknown
- “A very wise man once told me that you can't look back, you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” – Unknown
- “Nothing's a failure, it's just not supposed to work out that way because something better is supposed to come along.” – Unknown
- “Some things take time. Stay patient and stay positive, things will get better.” – Unknown
- “On the other side of the clouds is a bright blue sky.” – Unknown
- “We remember the past, live in the present, and write the future.” – Shaun David Hutchinson
- “Less worrying, more faith that things will get better. Less complaining, more hard work. Life responds to your attitude. Stay positive.” – Unknown
- “It’s more fun to think of the future than dwell on the past.” – Sara Shepard
- “Everything is going to be okay. Actually, it’ll turn out better than okay. You’ll see.” – Unknown
- “All great beginnings start in the dark, when the moon greets you to a new day at midnight.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.” – Unknown
- “The most important thing is this: to sacrifice what you are now for what you can become tomorrow.” – Shannon Alder
- “It's just a bad day. Not a bad life.” – Unknown
Although it’s probably difficult to believe, things will get better. You’ll start to worry a little less, believe a little more, and find sunshine after even the darkest of storms.
That’s not to say there won’t be a few puddles on the road. But you'll learn to either step around them, or jump in and laugh a little more. Avoid the stresses with these anxiety quotes and know that better days are right around the corner.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 101 Stay Strong Quotes to Be Positive During a Crisis
- 63 Make a Difference Quotes to Help Change the World
- 47 Motivational Fighter Quotes to Win in Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.