There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Are you feeling hurt by something recently?
Pain comes in many guises and is one of the unfortunate realities of life. However, for every downside, there’s always an up and for us, that means no pain lasts forever. Fortunately, whatever you’re going through now; whether that’s a break-up, a loss, or an injury it will get better.
Today, we’ll be sharing some life goes on quotes to help you realize this unalterable law that we’re all bound by.
Why Read Life Goes On Quotes
Have you ever heard the song c’est la vie? It’s an old song that tells us that sometimes life goes its own way, and we’re along for the ride, whether we like that or not.
Sometimes, even if bad things have happened to us, we could do with being gently reminded of the facts of life. While it may seem heartless or pointless to say to someone who has lost a lover and feels heartbroken that they should move on or forget about it, that’s often all that can be said.
While well-meaning advice like this can be delivered in a blunt and often insensitive way, the intention is often noble. You see, this is where quotes can be helpful, as mentioned before the words you feed your mind can profoundly affect how you think and the mental tools you use to deal with the challenging parts of life.
We’ve selected these quotes to help you find a little equilibrium amidst whatever is causing you pain. Life really does go on, the only thing you can ever be certain of is that things will change – you definitely won’t hurt forever.
In fact, the things that hurt us most often profoundly change us for the better.
61 Life Goes On Quotes to Move Past Hurt
1. “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” – Elizabeth Scott
2. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
3. “Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.” – Rick Ross
4. “Tomorrow the sun will rise on all your doubts.” – Marty Rubin
5. “I never fixed no car in my life ‘thout cuttin' myself. Now it's done I don't have to worry no more.” – John Steinbeck
6. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
7. “In the middle of life, death comes to take your measurements. The visit is forgotten and life goes on. But the suit is being sewn on the sly.” – Tomas Transtromer
8. “Maybe God created the rain to remind us that life isn't always a sunny day.” – Val Irvin Mabayo
9. “And you find some way to survive and you find out you don't have to be happy at all.” – Brian Yorkey.
10. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “Morning will come, it has no choice.” – Marty Rubin
12. “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” – Elizabeth Scott
13. “Life goes on, even when you think it can't. Even when you don't especially want it to.” – Jan Strnad
14. “We cannot control the wind but we can adjust our sails.” – Anonymous
15. “Life has to go on even when you don't want it to or when you feel unable to participate. The world doesn't stop turning for anyone.” – Stewart Stafford
16. “Life goes on, and one should look ahead and not backward.” – Sonali Bendre
17. “I am strengthened by my weaknesses. I am brave because of my fears. I am greater because of my mistakes. Life goes on, forget the past.” – Nishan Panwar
18. “And sorrows return, though we drown them with wine, Since the world can in no way answer our craving, I will loosen my hair tomorrow and take to a fishingboat.” – Li Bai
19. “Nature knows no pause in progress and development, and attaches her curse on all inaction.” – Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
20. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
21. “Life is to short to spend it on regrets. life goes on.” – Gloria Lamisi
22. “I’m not going to hold my breath because life goes on. Life is too short to sit around moaning about what could have been or what was.” – Tina Weymouth
23. “And now the birds were singing overhead, and there was a soft rustling in the undergrowth, and all the sounds of the forest that showed that life was still being lived blended with the souls of the dead in a woodland requiem. The whole forest now sang for Granny Weatherwax.” – Terry Pratchett
24. “Head up. Shoulders back. Tomorrow is a new day.” – Anonymous
25. “You can break down and cry, but you have to get back up and start living again because life goes on.” – Unknown
26. “Things change. Stuff happens. Life goes on.” – Elizabeth Scott
27. “Suppose you stop writing, painting, believing in God, whatever your obsession is. Won’t you survive? Won’t you find something else?” – Marty Rubin
28. “One thing always sure. Life go on with you or without you, no matter how much you seen.” – Lalita Tademy, Red River
29. “We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” – Oprah Winfrey
30. “So long as this struggle known as life goes on, there will always be the music to fit the mood and make it better.” – Patrick James Balthazor
So long as this struggle known as life goes on, there will always be the music to fit the mood and make it better.” – Patrick James Balthazor
31. “Life goes on. Get over it. You're still young. It'll get better.” – David Levithan
32. “Life has to go on even when you don’t want it to or when you feel unable to participate. The world doesn’t stop turning for anyone.” – Stewart Stafford
33. “Mistakes do happen and life goes on.” – Sourav Ganguly
34. “When the pretty birds have flown, And you feel hurt and alone, Be strong and carry on, And remember that life goes on.” – Mouloud Benzadi
35. “She taught me that life goes on, and that I had a choice. To lament what I no longer had or be grateful for what remained.” – Louise Penny
36. “He wanted to show her how to live, even after he was gone.” – Kass Morgan
37. “As life goes on, the more you allow any negativity to consume your thoughts, the less room you have for positivity to enter them.” – Demi Lovato
38. “We see each other, lock eyes, smile that one certain smile that means nothing to anyone else, but the world to us, and keep going on. life goes on, but our love remains.” – Ritu Ghatourey
39. “It’s never nice to lose someone close to you; unfortunately, life goes on, and we have to make peace with it and move on.” – Francois Hougaard
40. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
41. “We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them.” – William Arthur Ward
42. “It is not what happens that determines the major part of your future. What happens, happens to us all. It is what you do about what happens that counts.” – Jim Rohn
43. “Sometimes, you regret letting certain people into your life. The harm has already been done. All you can do is learn a lesson from it and move on.” – Gloria Lamisi
44. “The longer your life goes on, the more death you face.” – Patrick Swayze
45. “Whether you choose to move on from your struggles and enjoy life or waddle in your misery, life will continue.” – Germany Kent
46. “The shores are flooded with tears, but the waves keep coming” – Marty Rubin
47. “It’s always darkest before the dawn. So hold on to hope and be strong because it doesn’t last forever this darkness.” – Astrid Alauda
48. “Life goes on. People move on, but God remains on your side.” – Gift Gugu Mona
49. “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.” – Allen Saunders
50. “Because life goes on, L. The birds do their thing, and the bees do theirs. Seeds get scattered, and everything grows back.” – Kami Garcia
51. “We’re all expendable. We think the world’s going to stop when a pope dies, or a king. And then… life goes on.” – Sylvester Stallone
52. “When you lose what you love remember to stay strong. Look out the window and remember life goes on.” – Drew Chadwick
53. “Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.” – George Jung
54. “I would say people remember me from ‘Life Goes On’ more than anything.” – Kellie Martin
55. “Everyday is the opportunity for a better tomorrow.” – Hugh Laurie
56. “I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh but life goes on. Oh, I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.” – Taylor Swift
57. “Life gets more interesting as it goes on. It becomes fuller because there is perspective there.” – Ann Dowd
58. “Stop looking in my past, I'm not there.” – Irfa Rahat
59. “You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.” – Charles Kettering
60. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
61. “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” – Helen Hollick
Final Thoughts on Life Goes On Quotes
That brings us to the end of our compilation. We hope these life goes on quotes help you find the mental space to move beyond whatever pain is in your life now. Without any doubt, whatever toils you today is planting the seeds for your future growth tomorrow.
Dwelling on whatever is causing you trouble can become counter-productive after a while, check out these 60 affirmations to experience a positive change in your life and start preparing yourself for a better future.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 65 Trust the Process Quotes to Inspire Your Life Journey
- 75 Keep Pushing Quotes So You Can Move Forward
- 31 Best Oh, The Places You’ll Go Quotes by Dr. Seuss
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.