There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you ever thought about what is making your life so complicated?
Several things can make life difficult, and one of them is living lavishly. We end up having to do more because we keep on wanting more.
Did you know that one of the keys to happiness is living simply?
When you have less and live more simply, you become more satisfied with your life and more attentive to your relationships.
In this article, we share with you a list of “living simple quotes” that can help you live a less complicated life. These quotes are from people who chose to live without all the unnecessary hassles of life, and in this way ended up finding happiness.
But before we proceed, let us discuss first why you should be reading these quotes.
Why Read Living Simple Quotes?
Living simply isn’t always easy. This is because society has programmed us to want more and need more.
But living simply is a great way to find happiness and life satisfaction. Having more will only make you happy for a little while, but sooner or later you will realize that having less and being content with what you have is what truly brings peace of mind.
These quotes are a great way to remind yourself of this truth. You can choose your favorite ones and write them in your notebook, or you may even decide to print them to hang on your wall.
We hope that these quotes, as simple as they are, can help you live the simple life you deserve and want to. Let’s check them out!
- “Simple pleasures are the last healthy refuge in a complex world.” – Oscar Wilde
- “When we focus more on fitting it all in instead of making time for what counts, we lose sight of how to create a meaningful life.” – Courtney Carver
- “To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter… to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring – these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” – John Burroughs
- “In order to seek one’s own direction, one must simplify the mechanics of ordinary, everyday life.” – Plato
- “Stay low, stay quiet, keep it simple, don’t expect too much, enjoy what you have.” – Dean Koontz
- “We’re so caught up in trying to do everything, experience all the essential things, not miss out on anything important… Life is better when we don’t try to do everything. Learn to enjoy the slice of life you experience, and life turns out to be wonderful.” – Leo Babauta
- “My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do.” – Francine Jay
- “Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are.” – Courtney Carver
- “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- “I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind.” – Albert Einstein
- “Living with only the bare essentials has not only provided superficial benefits such as the pleasure of a tidy room or the simple ease of cleaning, but it has also led to a more fundamental shift. It’s given me a chance to think about what it really means to be happy.” – Fumio Sasaki
- “When the living gets unburdened with needs and desires, the life becomes simple and easy to carry.” – Shashi
“When the living gets unburdened with needs and desires, the life becomes simple and easy to carry.” – Shashi
- “If one’s life is simple, contentment has to come. Simplicity is extremely important for happiness. Having few desires, feeling satisfied with what you have, is very vital: satisfaction with just enough food, clothing, and shelter to protect yourself from the elements.” – The Dalai Lama
- “Material goods rarely alter our levels of happiness, unlike emotional experience. Having can never replace being.” – Ilsa Crawford
- “Escape from complicated life! Take refuge in simple life! You will find three treasures there: Healthy body, peaceful mind and a life away from ambitious fools!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life.” – Marie Kondo
- “When you acquire less stuff you will actually get more of what you really want—more money, greater security, peace of mind, more time, more energy, and deeper relationships.” – Peter Walsh
- “A simple life gives birth to more clarity, inner peace, and meaningful relationships.” – Margo Vader
- “While you are alive collect moments, not things, earn respect, not money, and enjoy love, not luxuries.” – Aarti Khurana
- “For a few minutes I tried to empty my mind entirely, to concentrate solely on breathing: sometimes it’s useful to rediscover simpler pleasures of life.” – Romain Gary
- “The aim should be to obtain the maximum of well-being with the minimum of consumption. The cultivation and expansion of needs is the antithesis of wisdom. It is also the antithesis of freedom and peace…” – E.F. Schumacher
- “My choice of a lighter lifestyle has brought me a greater sense of well-being. In a world that often seems stressful and chaotic, that’s a feeling I cherish.” – Lisa J. Shultz
- “The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” – Joshua Becker
- “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “I’m just delighted to be living, to be able to have a simple conversation, to feel a ray of sunlight on my skin and listen to the breeze move through the leaves of a tree.” – Ryuichi Sakamoto
- “The simplest things are overlooked. And yet, it is the simplest things that are the most essential.” – Thomas Lloyd Qualls
- “Lead a simple life. First, reduce your greed. Then reduce your needs.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves.” – Edwin Way Teale
- “Declutter your mind, your heart, your home. Let go of the heaviness that is weighing you down. Make your life simple, but significant.” – Maria Defillo
- “The simplest things are often the truest.” – Richard Bach
- “Do only what is necessary and required. Efficiency is elegant. Less is more.” – Scott Perry
- “That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” – Steve Jobs
- “Going back to a simpler life is not a step backward.” – Yvon Chouinard
- “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” – Socrates
- “Be as simple as you can be; you will be astonished to see how uncomplicated and happy your life can become.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
Final Words on Living Simply
If you feel run down and tired of the things that have been going around you, or if you feel like your life is starting to get out of control, we sincerely hope that you consider living a simpler life. It may not be easy, but it is definitely worth a try.