There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Insecurities are part and parcel of life. They often rear their ugly heads at the most inappropriate of times. And can range from a minor niggle in the back of your mind right through to a tsunami of emotions that leave you struggling to breathe.
Though not physically apparent, the impact from the thoughts that rush through your mind can derail any plans you had. And, when left unresolved, can stand in the way of opportunities offered with work, studying, relationships, and more.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t break through these insecurities. That you can’t find the confidence needed to overturn those devaluing thoughts. And do all the amazing things you want to in 2023.
To get started, in this article we will talk about 73 insecurity quotes that will help create a confident 2023.
What You Will Learn
Switch it off. Count to 10. And switch it back on. Call up any help desk or engineer and that’s the first thing they’ll tell you to do.
But whilst this might work great for your laptop or smart TV, sadly the same can’t be said for resetting your insecurities. There’s no on-and-off button located in your hairline. Or power cable to disconnect for 30 seconds (although that could be kind of useful during those tiresome work meetings!)
And there’s no ‘restore system’ option available either. All you’ve got is the here and now.
Thankfully, a good night’s sleep can provide at least a temporary reset. And on the other side of that big old quilt lies a new day with the opportunities to make positive choices. Choices to help you overcome the self-doubt, such as:
Your insecurities can only hold you back if you let them. So instead of saying ‘No’ to things, try saying ‘Yes’. ‘Yes’ to being unapologetically you. ‘Yes’ to living life to the full.
And, of course, ‘Yes’ to reading these insecurities quotes as the first step in your new journey.
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” – Maya Angelou
- “Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them.” – Stacy London
- “I have insecurities, of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.” – Adele
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “Only the insecure strive for security.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The things you want are always possible; it is just that the way to get them is not always apparent. The only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life is you, and that can be a considerable obstacle because you carry the baggage of insecurities and past experience.”- Les Brown
- “The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned.” – Becca Fitzpatrick
- “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.' We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.” – Diane Arbus
- “I think what ruins relationships and causes most fights is insecurity.” – Olivia Wilde
- “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It's insecurity that is always chasing you and standing in the way of your dreams.” – Vin Diesel
- “Sometimes our thoughts are backed with so much insecurity that they create lies we believe.” – Unknown
- “Insecurity can be so self-defeating, that it often leads to a non-life.” – Omar Cherif
- “All a woman really wants is for her man to never give her a reason to feel insecure.” – Unknown
- “We all have our limitations, but when we listen to our critics, we also have theirs.” – Robert Breault
- “I have my moments of insecurity and figuring out what's going on and what I'm supposed to do, but if you don't push yourself, you're not growing, so where do you go?” – Selena Gomez
- “A man’s spirit is free, but his pride binds him with chains of suffocation in a prison of his own insecurities.” – Jeremy Aldana
- “Life is very short. Insecurity is a waste of time.” – Diane Von Furstenburg
- “There is no such thing as perfect security, only varying levels of insecurity.” – Salman Rushdie
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance, and above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “Insecurity kills all that is beautiful” – Unknown
- “Anger is a manifestation of a deeper issue… and that, for me, is based on insecurity, self-esteem and loneliness.” – Naomi Campbell
- “If you’re waiting until you feel talented enough to make it, you’ll never make it.” – Criss Jami
- “Change is always tough. Even for those who see themselves as agents of change, the process of starting a new thing can cause times of disorientation, uncertainty and insecurity.” – Joyce Meyer
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – Timothy Ferriss
- “As your insecurity becomes nourished our relationship becomes poisoned.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “Think about all that you are instead of all that you are not.” – Unknown
- “I had to confront my fears and master my every demonic thought about inferiority, insecurity, or the fear of being black, young, and gifted in this Western culture.” – Lauryn Hill
- “Don’t let insecure thoughts ruin something amazing.” – Unknown
- “Acting has given me a way to channel my angst. I feel like an overweight, pimply-faced kid a lot of the time – and finding a way to access that insecurity, and put it toward something creative is incredibly rewarding. I feel very lucky.” – Ryan Reynolds
- “Sometimes the hardest battle is against yourself. But believe in yourself, you can win.” – Unknown
- “Pretending to be someone that you are not is hurting yourself. It’s telling yourself that the real you is worthless.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “Any fool knows that bravado is always a cover-up for insecurity. That's the truth. And on that note, I'll say goodnight. God love you.” – Bobby Darin
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “The steps of insecurity: Comparison, Compensation, Competition, Compulsion, Condemnation, Control.” – Unknown
- “An exciting and inspiring future awaits you beyond the noise in your mind, beyond the guilt, doubt, fear, shame, insecurity and heaviness of the past you carry around.” – Debbie Ford
- “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
- “No one is perfect. Even the most confident people have insecurities. At some point in of our lives, we may feel we lack something. That is reality. We must try to live as per our capability.” – Anil Sinha
- “Bigotry and judgment are the height of insecurity.” – Jasmine Guy
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is continually fearing that you'll make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Judging people’s flaws will not help justify your own.” – Unknown
- “Become your own soulmate. Then you’ll always have someone watching your back, and you’ll always have someone who loves you.” – Rebecca O’Donnell
- “I have a very positive attitude in life. My insecurity, fear and need to know about tomorrow has fortunately eased. What is going to happen will happen anyway. So why break my head over it?” – Katrina Kaif
- “An expectation is a shelter – it gives you a security feeling. So when someone breaks your expectations he is breaking your shelter, making you insecure, fearful.” – Osho
- “The task we must set for ourselves is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.“ – Erich Fromm
- “It's always my biggest insecurity – disappointing myself or my partner.” – Kaitlyn Bristowe
- “Why escape your intended purpose by copying and trying to be someone else? You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself.” – Suzy Kassem
- “The enemy uses those things you’re insecure about. Free yourself and take your power back by being secure in who you are—flaws and all.” – Yvonne Pierre
- “You're only as good as your last joke, your last show, your last whatever. The confidence is there, but underneath, there is always insecurity.” – Ray Romano
- “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
- “I understand that feeling of insecurity, like you're not good enough as you are, and you need to change.” – Shannon Purser
- “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Seven Furtick
- “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Most men have an insecurity of some sort. But we're brought up to believe that we can't show them.” – Luke Evans
- “We can learn to feel good about ourselves not because we're special and above average, but because we're human beings intrinsically worthy of respect.” – Dr. Kristin Neff
- “One of the greatest journeys in life is overcoming insecurity and learning to truly not give a sh*t.” – J.A. Konrath
- “The biggest insecurity I had was my singing. Even though I had sold 70 million records, there was this feeling like, I'm not good at this.” – Jennifer Lopez
- “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” – Rob Liano
- “The opposite of security is insecurity, and the only way to overcome insecurity is to take risks.” – Unknown
- “There will always be someone willing to hurt you, put you down, gossip about you, belittle your accomplishments and judge your soul. It is a fact that we all must face. However, if you realize that God is a best friend that stands beside you when others cast stones you will never be afraid, never feel worthless and never feel alone.” – Shannon Alder
- “Insecurities have the ability to shape and mold our minds to live with everything that’s bad; like crying on the inside, while smiling on the outside…thus creating pain…but, alas, I have the answer; forget about what you thought and enjoy (embrace) what you feel” – Jeremy Aldana
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Confidence is not, ‘They'll like me.' Confidence is, ‘I'll be fine if they don't.'” — Christina Grimmie
- “I'm thankful I've learned to embrace insecurity, not just to tolerate it. Life is more fun that way, and I'm thankful for that, too.” – Orson Bean
- “If anyone tries to pull us down, it goes to show that we’re on top of them, so cheer up! Hilarious but true, insecurity reigns in an ugly heart of an empty brain.” – Nini
- “Insecurity is self-sabotage. If you want to fly you have to first see you wings.” – Unknown
- “Each one of us requires the spur of insecurity to force us to do our best.” – Harold W. Dodds
We all feel insecure from time to time. Whether you're joining a new team at work, moving in with your partner, or taking a flight for the very first time, it’s human nature to question whether we’re doing the right thing and think twice before jumping right in.
But knowing how to override these insecurities is the difference between moving forward in life. And not. Don’t let your own self-doubt stand in the way of the things you want to do.
Check out these you are worthy quotes to reaffirm that you are enough. And believe that you can overcome any insecurities that are currently holding you back.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then check out and recite these 57 affirmations for success.
Rebel Jones has been writing from a young age. She first used poetry to organise words – the rhythm and flow brought peace to her chaos. But as she developed (both as a person and as a writer), she embraced her offbeat thought process and found her own style and tone. Writing is definitely her happy place and one that she’s happy to share with the world.